Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 94408 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #1725 on: September 23, 2008, 03:21:55 PM »
My credit score came back excellent with nothing negative or derogatory. Of course, I had to get my credit report because Countrywide allowed one of their employees to steal and sell my personal information.

That's hilarious!

Not that it happened to you, but the fact that one of the most prominent financial agencies would allow this to happen from within its bounds.
Wonder how many more customers who have not discovered their identities are compromised.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #1726 on: September 23, 2008, 03:50:26 PM »
Trimmed some branches off a big tree in my backyard.  It was blocking some sunlight and potentially threatening my house with eventual collapse of a tree limb onto my roof. 

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1727 on: September 24, 2008, 12:43:49 PM »

I got a clean bill of health from the doctor today. Started the blood work-up on Monday, so he had all that ready to go. Surprised him with my weight loss! I responded very well to the stress-test part.
He asked about my diet (concerned that I might be doing something crazy) and I smart-assed back that he "has my blood," so he should tell me about my diet. He pulled up my record, clicked some stuff and showed me on the screen where my cholesterol has risen over the last few years, but it has dropped into the "good" area this time. So, his main concern from before is gone, for now.

He is planning to reduce the potency of my beta-blocker meds, but that will require several more visits to make sure it's stable.
I wanted to know if it's working fine why fuck with it, but he reminded me that there is always the danger of affecting liver functionality when taking these things. Better to reduce dosages if possible.

:woohoo:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1728 on: September 24, 2008, 12:52:34 PM »
That sounds great, DirtDawg.  I know you were a little nervous about this visit before.  Did he do the alien anal probe?

I went to the dentist yesterday and had my teeth cleaned.  No cavities to fill.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1729 on: September 24, 2008, 01:14:26 PM »
That sounds great, DirtDawg.  I know you were a little nervous about this visit before.  Did he do the alien anal probe?

I went to the dentist yesterday and had my teeth cleaned.  No cavities to fill.

Well, my doctor did not take any tissue samples, just tickled my "home room."

I was extremely anxious about this. I always am, but this time was worse for some reason - nothing to do with the tickle. Honestly, I think it is the stress-test that I am afraid to fail. I complained about pain in my hipjoint, but he said it was OK, just tender and probably always will be.
Just glad it's over! That's the best thing I can think of for me, today.

I think the worst part of having my teeth cleaned is the polish they use. I taste the pumice for days - yuck!
No cavities is always good news!

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 01:17:51 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1730 on: October 09, 2008, 07:29:36 AM »
I finally got some khat seeds to germinate.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1731 on: October 09, 2008, 12:58:57 PM »
1.  received a fab compliment (see the "what have you done today?" thread).
2.  met loads of my old students, who all came up and told me new students they were lucky to have me (or variations thereon).
3.  and this is sad, but extremely flattering - was offered a second group for the course i'm teaching for the other uni, the tutor group of the bloke who died on sunday.  considering i'm less than a week in the job, i'm really quite astonished.   :-\

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1732 on: October 09, 2008, 01:03:08 PM »

Went over to get a few dollars worth of gasoline for the lawn mower, discovered the price was the lowest I've seen in a while, so I filled my car tank,too, at US$2.79 per gallon.

Fuck this stupid economy - let it crash!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1733 on: October 09, 2008, 01:09:10 PM »
2.  met loads of my old students, who all came up and told me new students they were lucky to have me (or variations thereon).
3.  and this is sad, but extremely flattering - was offered a second group for the course i'm teaching for the other uni, the tutor group of the bloke who died on sunday.  considering i'm less than a week in the job, i'm really quite astonished.   :-\

Terrific news, all in all. :) :hug:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1734 on: October 09, 2008, 01:17:06 PM »
thank you, handsome.  :-*

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1735 on: October 09, 2008, 01:19:42 PM »
:-*
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1736 on: October 09, 2008, 01:21:29 PM »

Extraordinary!
You're my favorite Lucifer.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1737 on: October 09, 2008, 01:22:55 PM »

Extraordinary!
You're my favorite Lucifer.

:lol:

:-*

thank you, dawg.  :hug:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1738 on: October 09, 2008, 02:08:55 PM »
Finished the house I was working on
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1739 on: October 13, 2008, 02:29:17 PM »
the landlord served the asboids next door with a fortnight's notice today!

:woohoo:  :cheer:  :belly:

some of us think they might already have disappeared, though.  who cares - they'll be gone in two weeks!  i'm going to organise a fucking street party.

yesssssssssssss!