Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 93587 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #840 on: March 07, 2008, 10:11:47 AM »
what i find a bit weird is old victorian drawings of tarsiers. :toporly:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Sophgay

« Reply #841 on: March 07, 2008, 10:16:03 AM »

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #842 on: March 07, 2008, 10:36:34 AM »
looks like a monkey werewolf.

:plus:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Persona

« Reply #843 on: March 07, 2008, 11:54:14 AM »
Avoided going to the dentist  :toporly:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #844 on: March 07, 2008, 12:50:52 PM »
Talked more to my friend who is opening his own construction supply house and found more applications for the sprayer I bought
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Sophgay

« Reply #845 on: March 07, 2008, 01:13:02 PM »
found some stuff to do

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #846 on: March 07, 2008, 03:12:15 PM »
Read one third of a book, bought beer, argued with a stupid person on the parking lot, and watched one episode of House. Oh, and I worked at the cinema today, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #847 on: March 07, 2008, 03:22:34 PM »
Read one third of a book, bought beer, argued with a stupid person on the parking lot, and watched one episode of House. Oh, and I worked at the cinema today, too.

which was the best bit?  the argument, knowing you.  :LMAO:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #848 on: March 07, 2008, 03:25:51 PM »

Yup. You know me so well. :D

The book was a good second, though, and will outlive the stupid person.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #849 on: March 07, 2008, 03:27:13 PM »

:-*

especially if you use it to beat them to a pulp.  :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #850 on: March 07, 2008, 03:30:19 PM »

True. I will have to await its publication, in that case, and a hardcover edition is required.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #851 on: March 07, 2008, 03:37:55 PM »
my mum phoned me tonight (shock!).  she sounded bloody great, far happier and brighter than she has done for years.  i thought it was because she'd received a poem i sent her earlier in the week, but no.

apparently she feels great because she fell over in the middle of the road, with traffic whizzing all around her.  now, i know she has alzheimer's, but even i was a bit agog (and v concerned) about this latest apparent lunacy.

turns out that she was so furious at a stupid man who was shitty with her when she had to pay extra postage on my letter (idiot me - it was a big letter, so cost more ::) ) that she didn't care about falling over.  she was getting a bit iffy because her injuries were starting to hurt (grazes and bruises only, thank the gods). she was so excited about not being freaked by falling over - she's still compos mentis enough to realise she's losing it.  usually, she gets terribly upset and frustrated when she has her funny turns, whether physical or mental.  it's so sad.

bless her.  she's deteriorating rapidly, but it was just so great to hear her so lively and "with it" (she didn't forget a word once) for a change.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #852 on: March 07, 2008, 03:38:33 PM »

True. I will have to await its publication, in that case, and a hardcover edition is required.

i always prefer you in the hardcover editi...

er...

that wasn't what you meant, was it?   :-[

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #853 on: March 07, 2008, 03:40:46 PM »
my mum phoned me tonight (shock!).  she sounded bloody great, far happier and brighter than she has done for years.  i thought it was because she'd received a poem i sent her earlier in the week, but no.

apparently she feels great because she fell over in the middle of the road, with traffic whizzing all around her.  now, i know she has alzheimer's, but even i was a bit agog (and v concerned) about this latest apparent lunacy.

turns out that she was so furious at a stupid man who was shitty with her when she had to pay extra postage on my letter (idiot me - it was a big letter, so cost more ::) ) that she didn't care about falling over.  she was getting a bit iffy because her injuries were starting to hurt (grazes and bruises only, thank the gods). she was so excited about not being freaked by falling over - she's still compos mentis enough to realise she's losing it.  usually, she gets terribly upset and frustrated when she has her funny turns, whether physical or mental.  it's so sad.

bless her.  she's deteriorating rapidly, but it was just so great to hear her so lively and "with it" (she didn't forget a word once) for a change.

:hug:

Sounds like she would have had a field day with that stupid person I encountered earlier. :P

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #854 on: March 07, 2008, 03:42:32 PM »

:hug:

Sounds like she would have had a field day with that stupid person I encountered earlier. :P

:laugh:

she'd probably have leapt off a tall building, or something.  ;)

she's been loads better at dealing with morons since i taught her to swear a few years ago.  :LMAO: