Educational

Author Topic: Sleeping with your clothes on.  (Read 2766 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Sleeping with your clothes on.
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2017, 02:34:52 PM »
I'm with QV. And all the more in winter, and ESPECIALLY if I've been up days and nights etc. attending to a project, then at the end, or if its something I can permit myself to temporarily shut down and restart or leave to take place without its needing supervision, taking it off any heat, I'll just flop down in the nearest comfortable spot. Typically this means ending up on the sofa spark out, possibly still wearing my protective gear if I'm tired enough, it has happened before, quite a few times.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2017, 04:32:53 PM »
I strip and sleep naked. Sometimes I'll wear a shirt, when my shoulders are aching.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2017, 05:25:27 PM »
I do prefer to sleep starkers. Its just I've been sleeping downstairs recently on the sofa a lot, falling asleep in front of the TV, after staying up late reading journal reference articles. And if I didn't leave at least trousers on then my old man would end up walking downstairs for his breakfast and if I'd rolled over or kicked the quilt off in my sleep, witness me with my bollocks swinging in the wind, draped over the sofa and my dick would get sore, constantly swinging likewise whilst in contact with the floor :P

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2017, 10:02:33 PM »
The only time I slept in my clothes was when I was traveling from the states to South Africa. Other times I don't remember why I fell asleep to begin with :-/

All I knew from before was that I couldn't breathe through my nose. (Spoiler Alert: It was sleep apnea because of my weight issues)

Does that mean you usually sleep naked?  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2017, 06:50:25 AM »
Can't.
:runaway:

:laugh:

Join us on the Dark Side!  :vader:    :kapkao:

Come over to the Dark Side.  We have cookies!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2017, 06:58:58 AM »

I generally do not sleep with clothes on, except in winter when it is cold I use a t-shirt and sometimes very loose fitting jammy bottoms.

I voted sometimes, because I sometimes fall asleep, totally exhausted, on the couch in my work clothes for a couple of hours. Do not sleep well, more like emergency, self defense sleep, but still beneficial.

I enjoy a shower about half an hour before hitting the sack. I like for my hair to mostly dry (my hair now hangs to near my shoulders since not cutting it last year. I have not grown out my hair since I was about twenty five years old - over thirty five years. I actually look really cool these days.  :LOL:)  and a half hour or so allows me to mellow out after the stimulation.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2017, 09:49:37 AM »
I miss men with long hair. :'(

It's rare anymore, especially around here. My son likes his longer and my BIL and MIL are always harping on him about it.

I told them to stifle or I would dye it blue for him next.  >:D
Still will if he ever so desires.  ;)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2017, 10:28:56 AM »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2017, 10:35:49 AM »
As long as those wookies have showered I will consider it. :M

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2017, 04:06:31 AM »

It's rare anymore, especially around here. My son likes his longer and my BIL and MIL are always harping on him about it.

Awww

As long as it is not tied up in a man bun, long hair is an asset for a lot of men.

Dyeing the hair of offspring in amazing colours is great fun. Time to motivate your son to go for it. Electric lizard from manic panic is an amazing green, a colour that lasts long too.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2017, 03:43:51 PM »

My massive beard is sometimes seen in other men, even twenties guys who CAN, sometimes, but usually the bearded wonder has shaven his head. Not like a Nazi skinhead thing, since most of these guys are more like dystopiate era hippies or biker leftovers.

It is rare to see a guy who has long-ish hair AND a massive beard around here.

One day, I had just finished my shift and I was waiting for the security guy to have my bag and lunchbox and coat searched so I could leave the building, when this Vietnam era veteran with hair down to the middle of his back and beard down past his chest (I found out later he was a veteran after quite a bit of conversation) approached me and said, "Fond greetings, fellow brother of the "bush." How do you find yourself?"

I chuckled a bit and told him that I am not lost.
He extended his hand and introduced himself as  (eventually, a retired mechanical engineer from the local Eli Lilly research facility. We had an extended conversation and the other two "old guys" both clean shaven and short haired - one guy is an old navy vet from the same era, other is an eastern block eighties era emigrant, Bulgarian - joined in after a bit.) a "friend to all and a gatherer and accumulator of all manner of brethren of the bush."  Hilarious!
 :lol1:

The guy had personality PLUS!!

I did help my daughter do her hair in "Electric Purple Flame" (short  lived dye)  just before Halloween. She had a blast with it, but of the amazing portraits we took with her funky hair and witchy outfit, she chose the prints to be all black and white. After some manipulation before going to monochrome I had some creepy highlights showing up in her dark hair that worked well in B&W. Really cool, actually, but do not ask.  I will not ever post pics of my kids online.
Sorry.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2017, 04:03:48 PM »
About to sleep again. My clothes are taking a nap without me.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2017, 06:02:39 PM »
I have long hair IQ, really long. Its down to where my boobs would be if I was female. Sometimes a nuisance actually, mainly when fitting my gas mask on.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2017, 02:29:57 AM »
I have long hair IQ, really long. Its down to where my boobs would be if I was female. Sometimes a nuisance actually, mainly when fitting my gas mask on.
What if you tied your hair back first? I used to do that when wearing my mask watering mushrooms. I would tie my hair quite low so the mask would fit better.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2017, 06:15:49 AM »
Had no hair ties. Need to get some. Also I've  started shaving apart from a little patch under my lip and re-growing my goatee again, or as some call it 'the devil beard'. Plus I have to get the mask on, tie it so its tightly fitted, then put on my goggles and finally, don the adjustable blast shield that flips down over my face covering everything down from the top of the head to  upper chest level.

Will be needing those, especially for today's lab-work, saved the side-arm of the alembic that broke yesterday whilst ful of white phosphorus, and fused one end closed with a torch and pair of heated pliers, going to pack it with red phosphorus mostly, and then torch, carefully, after filling the deadspace with inert gas to prevent ignition  of the phosphorus, fuse it closed at the open end and, outside, start torching the bejeebers out of it until the red turns to white, since I was unable to recover the phosphorus I'd produced yesterday, only a small amount was trapped during the distillation, much stayed in the flask, and what was left in there, a mixture of red P, soaked in white to make a begrugingly pyrophoric solid solution, as the molten willy pete soaked into the remaining quantity (did a couple of hundred grams or so) and made it unfit for use as a reagent, so I just took it into the garden and allowed it to burn, watching it as it did and flicking bits over the garden to watch the smoking trails of blazing greenish-yellow lurid coloured liquid fire, dripping blobs of willy pete along the trajectory of the flicked pieces, and spitting off bits of WP at an angle, themselves burning and cracking and sparking with that eerie white-green-yellow fire.

It was quite fun, although fucked off about the loss of my alembic, I need to buy another one now, think I'll buy two or three actually just because, and this time  make SURE its borosilicate heat resistant glass. I'd really love to have some made out of fused quartz, since those could withstand REALLY intense heat, way above what the torches here can produce, even with supplemental oxygen.

So, after working a full night and day, before losing the product, which wasn't recoverable since it just burst into flames the instant it escaped from the alembic (which was filled with inert gas and purged thoroughly with the tube submerged in a long volumetric tube full of water. This time, I'll try doing it in a sealed, argon-purged tube, which I've had success with in the past. I WILL have my violet phosphorus, never mind it taking up to two days stewing in molten lead, and concentrated nitric acid to dissolve away the lead. At least I'll end up with useful lead nitrate as a byproduct and recrcle that. Need to buy some fuming nitric acid (I always buy my acids as concentrated as I can obtain, with the exception of perchloric acid, which is extremely dangerous above about 65% concentration. Well perchloric acid is just dangerous no matter what, but at least at that conc. or less, it doesn't explode. Wouldn't mind some perchloric anhydride though. But its probably the commonly available acid, bar the deadly as hell hydrofluoric acid, which I really don't want to ever work with if  I can avoid it, its probably the most notorious non-niche chemical there is amongst chemists. Skin contact, despite being a relatively weak acid is potentially fatal, even for a smallish exposure to dilute HF solution because it passes through the skin really easily and chelates the calcium from your blood, bones, and precipitates i as an insoluble calcium fluoride salt, also causing massive hypocalcaemia interfering with and potentially stoppingthe heart. HF is REALLY nasty shit, and it needs handling in teflon containers, because it dissolves its way straight through glass. Perchloric, HClO4, is one of the strongest of the mineral acids, special superacid combinations aside, and a trace on skin of concentrated acid will burn potentially down to the muscle. I've had it happen once. Its safe, sort of, at up to about 65-70%  but above that it becomes unstable and explosive. Also one needs, if using a fumehood rather than handling cooled right down, outside, at arms length with heavy, heavy protective gear, special dedicated fumehoods for perchloric, because of the potential to form explosive organic perchlorates in fume hood ductwork and filters. Very, very strongly acidic and a powerful oxidizing agent. Also, it needs to be avoided ever spilling it on a wooden benchtop because it can render the parts of the bench itself explosive and shock-sensitive, potentially leading to an  exlosion years later. HCLO4 is one to be very, very careful with :P

So after the long work on the phosphorus, I was again tired enough to just flop down on the sofa. Plus it was too cold. So I wanted to be wrapped up under the quilt.