Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 335734 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #3000 on: September 13, 2006, 09:45:02 AM »
its never too late.
if they refuse, i think of a different way to ask them.  i hate not knowing...
Misunderstood.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3001 on: September 13, 2006, 09:45:53 AM »
How do you know online if people would rather you didn't ask them about a certain topic? Without the body language how can you tell?

you can't tell!
i can't tell in real life either.

my solution:  i just ask anyway.

i think that's smart. :)
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #3002 on: September 13, 2006, 09:52:42 AM »
sometimes its ballsy.  but i need to know...
Misunderstood.

ozymandias

« Reply #3003 on: September 13, 2006, 11:27:29 AM »
How do you know online if people would rather you didn't ask them about a certain topic? Without the body language how can you tell?

you can't tell!

I can never tell in real life until its too late either.  I'm worst at telling people too much about myself and not knowing when I'm telling them something they'd rather not hear.  I'm also bad at knowing who the right people are too trust and end up regretting being so open with some people (IRL that is).

Ditto, the story of my life from another perspective!

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #3004 on: September 13, 2006, 12:26:32 PM »

you can't tell!

I can never tell in real life until its too late either.  I'm worst at telling people too much about myself and not knowing when I'm telling them something they'd rather not hear.  I'm also bad at knowing who the right people are too trust and end up regretting being so open with some people (IRL that is).

Ditto, the story of my life from another perspective!

Do you find that you end up being taken for a ride by people because of your difficulties knowing who to trust?  I tend not to bother with people in the real world anymore, but when I did everyone I made friends with just constantly dumped on me (baby sitting, borrowing money, etc, etc) without offering anything in return.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #3005 on: September 13, 2006, 12:33:35 PM »
used to.
i am more vigil now.

maybe not, dunno.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #3006 on: September 13, 2006, 12:37:18 PM »
used to.
i am more vigil now.

maybe not, dunno.

I always think I can spot it coming now, but I never fucking do.   :-\

duncvis

« Reply #3007 on: September 13, 2006, 12:42:00 PM »
I want booze.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3008 on: September 13, 2006, 01:03:36 PM »
I haven't expressed much interest since this websites inception in me being an admin or a moderator or whatever mainly because I feel that it would seem I wanted to just because I am an attention whore.  But I have always felt that I would make an excellent admin because of my deep seated and passionate desire to serve competantly.

I see authority figures as people who have been given the incomparable gift of being the model of unwavering rationality, maturity, and benevolence when using their priveledges to serve the people. 

And I always feel annoyed(if you'd believe it's actually kind of betrayed) when authority figures allow anything to stop them from serving their people with absolute respect to their duties to the above mentioned 3 qualities.

I have only served as an authority figure in one way before and it wasn't very important or noble, but I became that authority figure because I was so sick of seeing others do it poorly.  I hated that there was no one who could be trusted to use their powers fairly at all times.  I hated that I knew others were suffering because of others misuse of their powers.  I wished there was just 1 damn example of somebody flawlessly preforming their duties without abuse, but there was none.  So I fucking made myself that authority figure.  If I can trust no others to provide service without abuse at least I can make sure that I don't abuse.  I cannot change others but I can change myself.  And my... passion to provide that example was so strong that I adheared to my duties when sad, when in despair, when blind with rage, when drunk, when stoned.

The reason I plan to become a teacher is because I hate seeing bad teachers causing people to suffer(and the damage they can do is more grevious than you might ever suspect).  I NEED(and i use that term because if i am not allowed to do it, i will either die or kill myself) to be the perfect teacher for kids, and lead others teachers with my example and help create an education system that truely SERVES the students.  It should be known to teachers that while their job description is teaching, their most important mission is to serve their students.

Well this started out as a post about why I'd like to be an admin or whatever incase you guys need one, and to just mention my feelings on authority figures but it turns out the subtle feeling ever present in me about them all turned out to require a little more than a mention to explain.

And this was gonna go in the elections thread but because it is mostly about how I feel about authority figures, i'm putting it in here.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 01:07:15 PM by Nomaken »
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

duncvis

« Reply #3009 on: September 13, 2006, 01:10:12 PM »
Good post.  8)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3010 on: September 13, 2006, 01:11:59 PM »
very good post.

as far as teaching's concerned, just remember that you have to play along with the system for a bit before you can start subverting it.  and it's probably wiser not to let on about you intentions.  other than that, bloody go for it.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3011 on: September 13, 2006, 01:26:40 PM »
Thank you, but I dont think i'll need to really subvert the system to improve it.  I have explicit memories of every teacher i've ever met, and remember the behaviors they had which had a positive affect on the students, and what techniques worked best at getting the class to work together and not be afraid, and gain their interest, and actually teach them the skills and knowledge theyre trying to learn.  And I remember the habits and techniques of every bad teacher i've ever met.

And seriously, the most reliable difference between good and bad teachers has more to do with their social habits than their intelligence.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3012 on: September 13, 2006, 01:40:07 PM »
I'm thinking that this snake character is either very young and very naive, or just very naive. I'm thinking that I should probably point out at least the most blatant errors in his posts, but alas, I just can't be arsed. And I'm thinking that I'm incredibly bored and incredibly annoyed in an annoyingly undefinable way, and that I'm probably going to flame some poor sod's sorry ass before tonight's over.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3013 on: September 13, 2006, 01:43:30 PM »
maybe the snake is alex in a snake costume. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3014 on: September 13, 2006, 01:44:23 PM »
 :laugh: