6mm soft pellets
1 (7.7%)
.22 Lead pellets
1 (7.7%)
M-16's and AK-47's
1 (7.7%)
Mixed Martial Arts fight.
1 (7.7%)
Free-for-all orgy. first one to come wins.
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: 1st Annual I² Paintball Fight  (Read 4090 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: 1st Annual I² Paintball Fight
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2007, 03:39:21 PM »
Problems like this don't arise if you don't use the word 'is'.

quite.  the word "fettucine" is a far better substitute.

Suggestion for the word filter?  :laugh:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2007, 03:44:04 PM »

this is turning into an orgy.

No surprise there.

Scrapheap

« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2007, 07:49:01 PM »
I thought this thread would start out funny. Apparently some perpetually-bitter types had to throw in some sour grapes first.  :wanker:

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2007, 10:58:20 PM »
It has been probably 9 years since I last seriously played paintball (beyond fraternity paintballing drivebys on other frats on their front lawn).    I remember the people who got shot and didn't stop playing (cheaters) and those who you would sneak behind and yell "BANG" and they would shoot you (they should technically be dead and out of the game).   The whole yelling "BANG" thing was to stop you from shooting them at really close range anyways.   I liked the indoors facilities in Orlando almost as much as the giant outdoors one in Kissimee (held the World Championships lol).  Fun times.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2007, 04:20:43 AM »
and how are the two contradictory? it's obviously fully possible for scrap to be humiliated on what is basically just another internet message board.

huh²
You are implying with one statement that an internet message board is a big thing, and then saying with the other that its not.

er, no. humiliation can easily happen on an insignificant internet message board. you of all people should know that. :P
In which case why are you not admitting you have been pwned. Or is it a dent in your pride?

cos i haven't.
So that would mean you care about being pwned. Otherwise you could be nice and easy and admit it.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2007, 05:53:56 AM »
and how are the two contradictory? it's obviously fully possible for scrap to be humiliated on what is basically just another internet message board.

huh²
You are implying with one statement that an internet message board is a big thing, and then saying with the other that its not.

er, no. humiliation can easily happen on an insignificant internet message board. you of all people should know that. :P
In which case why are you not admitting you have been pwned. Or is it a dent in your pride?

cos i haven't.
So that would mean you care about being pwned. Otherwise you could be nice and easy and admit it.

actually i don't care all that much. the reason why i react, now, is that i can't see what you're talking about and it seems i'm not alone in not seeing it. call it a dent in your logic if you want to be charitable about it.

i suppose that your reason for pursuing this is that you'd never get so far on your own. you always need someone to do the work.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2007, 06:18:57 AM »

huh²

cos i haven't.

Honestly, I don't see the contradiction in Odeon's statements, either, unless you take into account the notion that McJ is trying to promote. It is only possible to humiliate someone in their own mind. Try as we might, if someone is not receptive to our view point, nothing we do or say will humiliate them. We may believe we are humiliating them, and quite often it will encourage them, but humiliation is from within one's own self.

On the other hand, pointing out a contradiction can behave the same way. Not all see the same contradictions or interpret actions as reversals of fortune or position.

I think Scrapheap has begun to have a bit of sarcastic fun with how impossible it is to row in concrete. I don't believe he is humiliating himself, either. I believe he is trying another angle to make a few political points that many of us either don't get, don't agree with or can not conceive of.

The only loser here is my time.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 06:20:28 AM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2007, 08:59:17 AM »

huh²

cos i haven't.

Honestly, I don't see the contradiction in Odeon's statements, either, unless you take into account the notion that McJ is trying to promote. It is only possible to humiliate someone in their own mind. Try as we might, if someone is not receptive to our view point, nothing we do or say will humiliate them. We may believe we are humiliating them, and quite often it will encourage them, but humiliation is from within one's own self.

On the other hand, pointing out a contradiction can behave the same way. Not all see the same contradictions or interpret actions as reversals of fortune or position.

I think Scrapheap has begun to have a bit of sarcastic fun with how impossible it is to row in concrete. I don't believe he is humiliating himself, either. I believe he is trying another angle to make a few political points that many of us either don't get, don't agree with or can not conceive of.

The only loser here is my time.

:plus:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

richard

« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2007, 05:34:18 PM »
this is what happens when you make scrapheap a moderator. didnt i warn you? :laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2007, 05:35:58 PM »
this is what happens when you make scrapheap a moderator. didnt i warn you? :laugh:

Yes, you warned us, Richard.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2007, 02:04:19 AM »

:plus:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2007, 03:40:10 AM »
He was an elected admin. Personally I quite liked him doing it tbh. (expects flood of gheys :P)

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2007, 04:09:45 AM »
This is what happens when you
elect admins.  :laugh: