Educational

Author Topic: Ask ozymandias.......................if you've nothing better to do!  (Read 11306 times)

ozymandias

Re: Ask ozymandias.......................if you've nothing better to do!
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2006, 03:05:47 PM »
Do you believe that some form of morality (not the ability to accept morality, but actual moral tendencies) can be, or is, present in humans regardless of what they have been taught and exposed to?  In simplistic terms, are some morals hard-wired in some or all humans?  Elaborate on this your answer as much as you like.

OK, here's my shot at this question.  No, I do not believe that we are hardwired for morals, obviously reward/punishment or pleasure/pain dictate a lot of where we go and how we do things and why we do things.  From my perspective, if we were hardwired for moral behaviour, Why do we have thieves, rapists, serial killers, con people, racists, sadists, bullies, etc, etc, etc.

Anyway, you asked and thats my take on it!

Offline CuriousPrimate

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2006, 07:24:52 AM »
If you were voted for as admin would you consider doing the job?
An intelligent enemy is better than a stupid friend - Senegalese proverb

ozymandias

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2006, 10:42:18 AM »
NO, I honestly do not have the time, patience and I don't think I would do a good job anyway.  Add to that, I'm a cyber moron of the highest caliber!!  (or is that lowest caliber?)

After having read all the "stuff" going on, I'd like to add that you couldn't pay me to do that job. >:(

« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 05:53:34 PM by ozymandias »

Jizz

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2006, 05:16:01 AM »
Are these my feet?

*points down with a curious look in his eye*

ozymandias

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2006, 06:39:34 AM »
 ::)  Somebody has waaaaaaaaaaaayy too much time on their hands or feet!

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2006, 11:37:24 AM »
Have you ever made a special meal for a special someone? If so describe the meal and the person.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Triste

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2006, 04:19:07 PM »
How did you first find out about AS?
How old were you at the time?

ozymandias

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2006, 05:23:43 PM »
Have you ever made a special meal for a special someone? If so describe the meal and the person.

Sorry for the delay, just got back from vacation!

Anyway, while I was dating my soon to be wife, I made my special omelets with grated muenster cheese and a decent tomato sauce.  I made several types of omelets, so it's hard to remember any specific one.  She's tall, very nice figure, dark haired, blue eyed, honest, loving and finds me "deliciously different", (her words).  So we would have the omelet, some fun and the rest is history!

ozymandias

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2006, 05:28:55 PM »
How did you first find out about AS?
How old were you at the time?

When our daughter was first suspected of AS about 4-5 years ago, in our research leading up to and a little past her official dx.  It became fairly obvious that a lot of the traits described me and my past experiences perfectly.

I was about 44-45 at the time.

ozymandias

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2006, 05:42:37 PM »
 :'(

Nothing serious, just inflating my post count! :P :-*

Triste

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2006, 06:03:40 PM »
I'm gratified that there are quite a few of us more mature people here.  Do you think your life would have been different if you'd known about AS as a child?

ozymandias

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2006, 06:28:33 PM »
I'm gratified that there are quite a few of us more mature people here.  Do you think your life would have been different if you'd known about AS as a child?

Unfortunately...no, at least from my parents point of view.  It would have served as another weapon in my female progenitor's (aka "mother")  arsenal to keep me enslaved to her twisted view of what an "Ideal" son should be.  On the other hand at least I might have had an idea of  why I was different and "maybe" avoided the pitfalls of life that I stumbled into otherwise.  But, then again, it's those pitfalls and the lessons learned that got me where I am today.  Hindsight is always 20/20.  Woulda, coulda, shoulda, can be amusing, but, one must take care not to be too obsessed over the past, especially since it can never be undone.

"Man plans, God laugh's!"  "Life is what happens, when your making other plans."  yadda yadda yadda, I have a lot of quotes about such stuff.

Peace

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2006, 06:34:45 PM »
Religion: apathetic, agnostic, atheist, believer?
Do you believe in a higher power?
If so what made you believe in it, what form do you think it takes, what makes you believe it takes that particular form?
If not, how do you feel about the people who do believe, whats your general attitude towards them?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 06:37:21 PM by Draggon »
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

ozymandias

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2006, 06:59:44 PM »
I have no belief in a higher power!!!!  And as far as other people are concerned, let them believe what they want, as long as they don't try to ram it down my throat.

I do what I do and follow my own peculiar code.  If it sends me to hell...so be it.....thats where my friends and those I RESPECT will be.     
If it sends me to heaven, screw that, I ain't going...an eternity of boredom is not for me.  What the hell is "free will" for if it's meant to be spent kissing the ass of some fucking deity before and after death.

Time

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2006, 07:05:17 PM »
are you the left one or the right one................sockpuppet