Educational

Author Topic: WP London meetup tomorrow?  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: WP London meetup tomorrow?
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2007, 01:36:07 PM »
nope.  dunno what gave you that idea.
The way that some members claim to almost intimately know you. Anyway, who on here would you like to meet? (asides Odeon  :P)

i talk a lot to various other members, via PM, email, IM and phone, variously.  some people here, i've known for years, and probably spoken with more online than most people i know in the flesh, as it were.
I am of the school that you dont really know someone until you meet them in real life, i can never really figure people out online as well as in real life. In real life its a struggle, online its almost impossible.

you're entitled to your opinion, based on your own experience, naturally.  i can work people out very quickly, both online and irl, but then i've been trained to do so, and seem to have a natural bent for it to start with.  empathy of a house brick, but very intuitive, and have studied people and their behaviour for decades.
How come you got trained to do so, did you study psychology or something in that area? People do fit models, but I dont like to treat people in such a fashion when dealing with them. I like to hope for some quirks.

yes.  and still do.

ozymandias

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2007, 02:25:13 PM »
I'd like to meet a fair number of people IRL who are on this forum.  But, certainly not in a large group or in a busy, noisy place where I couldn't hear myself think.  A small group, 3 maybe 4 would be ok!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2007, 02:29:44 PM »
Those of you that I want to meet in real life are easily counted. No offense to anyone, but I don't like people. The vast majority of you are only electrons on my screen.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

The_P

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2007, 02:32:04 PM »
Those of you that I want to meet in real life are easily counted. No offense to anyone, but I don't like people. The vast majority of you are only electrons on my screen.

I feel the same way, Od.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2007, 02:33:53 PM »
Me three.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

ozymandias

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2007, 02:39:52 PM »
No problem Odeon, the times that I actually want to meet people in a social situation are few and far between.  And I am not likely to initiate the meeting.  The one time I met an aspie from a forum was because she suggested it and lived nearby.  So my wife, daughter and myself went down to meet her.  She was 21 and had more in common with my daughter than she did with me, for obvious reasons. :laugh:  But, it was interesting meeting her parents.  Her father was definitely an aspie and a retired doctor!

The_P

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2007, 02:45:32 PM »
Me three.

But you're more than an electron to me, my dear -- you are a special electron.

:violin:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 02:48:32 PM by The_P »

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2007, 02:48:08 PM »
I prefer meeting one person at a time for some reason. More than one seems to much for me. I'm just a follower when it comes to social gatherings and I do my own thing. I'm an NT if I'm with one person.

The_P

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2007, 02:49:33 PM »
Trying to serenade Py with my l33t violin skills. :laugh:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2007, 02:50:11 PM »
But you're more than an electron to me, my dear -- you are a special electron.

And you, you're several thousand special pixels.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2007, 02:50:51 PM »

:laugh: You have such exquisite taste in women.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2007, 02:51:18 PM »
The way that some members claim to almost intimately know you. Anyway, who on here would you like to meet? (asides Odeon  :P)

i talk a lot to various other members, via PM, email, IM and phone, variously.  some people here, i've known for years, and probably spoken with more online than most people i know in the flesh, as it were.
I am of the school that you dont really know someone until you meet them in real life, i can never really figure people out online as well as in real life. In real life its a struggle, online its almost impossible.

you're entitled to your opinion, based on your own experience, naturally.  i can work people out very quickly, both online and irl, but then i've been trained to do so, and seem to have a natural bent for it to start with.  empathy of a house brick, but very intuitive, and have studied people and their behaviour for decades.
How come you got trained to do so, did you study psychology or something in that area? People do fit models, but I dont like to treat people in such a fashion when dealing with them. I like to hope for some quirks.

yes.  and still do.
Ok, what exactly have you figured me out as then? Lets see how close you are.

The_P

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2007, 02:51:56 PM »

:laugh: You have such exquisite taste in women.

Alas, for you are no longer single, so no go.  :'(

The_P

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2007, 02:52:45 PM »

yes.  and still do.

You're an arrogant spod and you use hair conditioner.

I'm a winnar!

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2007, 02:54:09 PM »

yes.  and still do.

You're an arrogant spod and you use hair conditioner.

I'm a winnar!
Got the last one wrong, I am afraid P, just shampoo. As for me being an arrogant sod, on occasion, true. But not all the time.