Author Topic: WP London meetup tomorrow?  (Read 4211 times)

richard

Re: WP London meetup tomorrow?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 08:17:25 AM »
well i hope you guys have fun :)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 08:18:40 AM »
i don't think that that they have a right to limit your speech.  if you go, and you wish to talk about graelwyn's lover then that is your prerogative.  if she chooses not to answer, then that is hers.
What if her reply is violent?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »
nope.  dunno what gave you that idea.
The way that some members claim to almost intimately know you. Anyway, who on here would you like to meet? (asides Odeon  :P)

i talk a lot to various other members, via PM, email, IM and phone, variously.  some people here, i've known for years, and probably spoken with more online than most people i know in the flesh, as it were.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 08:21:03 AM »
The way that some members claim to almost intimately know you. Anyway, who on here would you like to meet? (asides Odeon  :P)

i talk a lot to various other members, via PM, email, IM and phone, variously.  some people here, i've known for years, and probably spoken with more online than most people i know in the flesh, as it were.
I am of the school that you dont really know someone until you meet them in real life, i can never really figure people out online as well as in real life. In real life its a struggle, online its almost impossible.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 08:21:27 AM »
Anyone know about this?  Graelwyn's going.  I have been told today not to mention her young lover if anyone goes.
Like the germans in the Fawlty Towers Episode - whatever you do, don't Mention the war!
Have fun.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 08:21:59 AM »
i don't think that that they have a right to limit your speech.  if you go, and you wish to talk about graelwyn's lover then that is your prerogative.  if she chooses not to answer, then that is hers.
What if her reply is violent?
violence begets violence.

all is fair, i suppose.
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 08:22:40 AM »

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 08:24:01 AM »

I am of the school that you dont really know someone until you meet them in real life, i can never really figure people out online as well as in real life. In real life its a struggle, online its almost impossible.

you're entitled to your opinion, based on your own experience, naturally.  i can work people out very quickly, both online and irl, but then i've been trained to do so, and seem to have a natural bent for it to start with.  empathy of a house brick, but very intuitive, and have studied people and their behaviour for decades.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2007, 08:29:09 AM »
Anyone know about this?  Graelwyn's going.  I have been told today not to mention her young lover if anyone goes.
Like the germans in the Fawlty Towers Episode - whatever you do, don't Mention the war!
Have fun.
That episode was briliant. :rofl:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007, 08:31:05 AM »

you're entitled to your opinion, based on your own experience, naturally.  i can work people out very quickly, both online and irl, but then i've been trained to do so, and seem to have a natural bent for it to start with.  empathy of a house brick, but very intuitive, and have studied people and their behaviour for decades.
How come you got trained to do so, did you study psychology or something in that area? People do fit models, but I dont like to treat people in such a fashion when dealing with them. I like to hope for some quirks.

Eamonn

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2007, 08:37:50 AM »
No, and I'm not going to go either.

You should go if it is not too far away and you aren't doing anything else.

I've been to an aspie pub meeting a couple of times in the city centre. Didn't like it.

Once I get a job, I might consider meeting Mutate and Robert outside of Bristol with the money I've earned.

I'd climb mountains to introduce my middle leg to your hairy ginger skinny arse but have little interest in the rest of you. Good sig BTW.

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2007, 09:14:49 AM »

Agreed for the most part.  Although, I'd add that it doesn't necessarily require training.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2007, 12:11:02 PM »
what can you say about me Lucifer? :P

i am intuitive also and work out fast which people i like.

i don't believe people fit models. they can fit models but they don't perfectly, because they are unique.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2007, 12:23:31 PM »
i don't believe people fit models. they can fit models but they don't perfectly, because they are unique.

I think that Peter Doherty character fits into at least one model. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein