Educational

Author Topic: Photo Thread.  (Read 145741 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Photo Thread.
« Reply #7470 on: January 11, 2011, 01:05:07 AM »
We've also had support from the Green Party (political party in the uk  - environmental stuff mainly), but the reasoning behind it for most people isn't really to do with the environment, more the health impact. We already have a lot of pollution in this area and the company planning to build it weren't popular here to begin with, because of their history with other projects here

Scrapheap

« Reply #7471 on: January 11, 2011, 01:05:26 AM »
We don't want it here first and foremost, but against them in general, from what I've read about them. I'll admit I'm far ffrrom being an erxpert on the subject, but the only sources that point to anythig positive seem to ber VERY biased (for example in our case, the company trying to get planning permission). Most people in my town who are strongly against it are parents concerned about their kids' health

Aaah, that sounds like "not in my backyard".  ::)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7472 on: January 11, 2011, 01:07:32 AM »
Mostly yeah. People are primarily concerned about their immediate family, but the group running the protests (which my mum is a member of) are against them in general. If we succeed in preventing this one, then they won't just give up there. Quite a lot of people feel very strongly about it now after a few months - whether in our town or anywhere else

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7473 on: January 11, 2011, 01:30:59 AM »
Mostly yeah. People are primarily concerned about their immediate family, but the group running the protests (which my mum is a member of) are against them in general. If we succeed in preventing this one, then they won't just give up there. Quite a lot of people feel very strongly about it now after a few months - whether in our town or anywhere else

Good luck with it. I know I wouldn't like to live near anything like thjat :2thumbsup:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7474 on: January 11, 2011, 07:12:37 PM »
We don't want it here first and foremost, but against them in general, from what I've read about them. I'll admit I'm far ffrrom being an erxpert on the subject, but the only sources that point to anythig positive seem to ber VERY biased (for example in our case, the company trying to get planning permission). Most people in my town who are strongly against it are parents concerned about their kids' health

Aaah, that sounds like "not in my backyard".  ::)

While that is true, Some back yards are worth saving.

It is NOT all about the holy dollar or the pound.

If I could find a way to shut down a boat factory in my back yard, I surely would. That damn thing stinks to high HELL!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7475 on: January 11, 2011, 07:14:15 PM »
We've also had support from the Green Party (political party in the uk  - environmental stuff mainly), but the reasoning behind it for most people isn't really to do with the environment, more the health impact. We already have a lot of pollution in this area and the company planning to build it weren't popular here to begin with, because of their history with other projects here

Possibly with help from the Green party you can make a change.

So many people with the same idea, all making the same statement, is how things can begin to change.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7476 on: January 11, 2011, 09:32:32 PM »
Yeah I hope so. We also have support from local councillors and opur local MP

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7477 on: January 12, 2011, 08:08:19 AM »
Snow  out the front door my truck on the lawn partially dug out
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

GalileoAce

« Reply #7478 on: January 12, 2011, 08:56:18 AM »
You appear to have some truck in your snow there Parts.

DukeNukem

« Reply #7479 on: January 12, 2011, 09:27:57 AM »

If I had it my way, you would lose the protest and they would build the incinerator in YOUR backyard. :orly:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7480 on: January 12, 2011, 09:34:26 AM »
No thanks, I have two kid brothers, so no one's building any incinerator near me  :zoinks:

DukeNukem

« Reply #7481 on: January 12, 2011, 09:37:49 AM »
No thanks, I have two kid brothers, so no one's building any incinerator near me  :zoinks:

You'll change your mind once you get pwned by the wrecking ball they will bring out to demolish your house. KABOOM! :evillaugh:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7482 on: January 12, 2011, 09:38:49 AM »
If they demolish our house I'll sue them and they'll have to buy me a new one  :snowman:

GalileoAce

« Reply #7483 on: January 12, 2011, 09:40:18 AM »

If I had it my way, you would lose the protest and they would build the incinerator in YOUR backyard. :orly:

If you had your way you wouldn't know what to do with it.

DukeNukem

« Reply #7484 on: January 12, 2011, 09:40:39 AM »
If they demolish our house I'll sue them and they'll have to buy me a new one  :snowman:

Then they will counter-sue you for hindering progress. And win. And throw you into the new incinerator. :toporly: