Author Topic: Photo Thread.  (Read 144549 times)

Frolic_Fun

Re: Photo Thread.
« Reply #7455 on: January 08, 2011, 04:58:39 PM »
Love the pic, but you need a large pipe and a leather bound book to complete the image.

I am not taking a piss on you. I am merely adding my insanity to the artistic statement you have made.

... also lower the lighting intensity and make it more directional from the short side, leaving the short side to go into deep shadow.

I was messing about with the wireless flash feature to see how well it worked, so I wasn't really thinking of light placement and such. I'd bring out the heavy duty studio lights for shots like that. :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7456 on: January 08, 2011, 05:19:31 PM »
Love the pic, but you need a large pipe and a leather bound book to complete the image.

I am not taking a piss on you. I am merely adding my insanity to the artistic statement you have made.

... also lower the lighting intensity and make it more directional from the short side, leaving the short side to go into deep shadow.

I was messing about with the wireless flash feature to see how well it worked, so I wasn't really thinking of light placement and such. I'd bring out the heavy duty studio lights for shots like that. :laugh:

It looks like Wireless works kick ass for exposure.

Now, are you interested in finding if wireless can do "creative?"  Once I had (back in the old days) several slave flashes that had 1/3 stop settings, I found that auto-settings could actually do some cool stuff.  You just have to learn the right lies to tell the flash units.

I had a string I used to set them up quickly. I had knots tied in ONE STOP distances (anywhere in between it is possible to interpolate - using the square root of two and its reciprocal) and measured things with that "master string."  It made it easy to get all the settings right, first try.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 05:21:19 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Osensitive1

« Reply #7457 on: January 08, 2011, 05:30:58 PM »
I don't want people defending the non-existent insecurity I have over my weight. ???

I am a fat cunt, but I've better things to worry about. Have the man-tits, double chin and belly to prove it. A couple of jokes is hardly going to annoy me.
Maybe so, but you're not even half the size of that other guy. You look tired.

GalileoAce

« Reply #7458 on: January 08, 2011, 07:07:00 PM »
GA is transitioning nicely

I like to think so, thanks :)

The perm is nice.
You are getting more pretty all the time, Ace.
NOT my type, though, so take my compliment as one a brother might make.

Thank you. :)

The 'perm' is actually my natural hair style, I usually straighten it, but my Mum and sisters decided that I would look better with curls.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7459 on: January 08, 2011, 07:46:27 PM »
Your Mum and sisters were right.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

P7PSP

« Reply #7460 on: January 08, 2011, 07:51:04 PM »
Maybe I've had an aneurysm or something, but Schleed doesn't look overly fat to me.
Well you do tend more towards having a stick in your ass than having a sense of humor.

GalileoAce

« Reply #7461 on: January 08, 2011, 07:53:27 PM »
Your Mum and sisters were right.

As they usually are :P

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7462 on: January 09, 2011, 06:57:56 PM »

Osensitive1

« Reply #7463 on: January 09, 2011, 07:17:38 PM »
Protesting the man; good on you.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7464 on: January 09, 2011, 07:21:04 PM »
Protesting the man; good on you.

Fight the power!  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7465 on: January 10, 2011, 05:38:04 AM »
Looking good GA!  :thumbup:

GalileoAce

« Reply #7466 on: January 10, 2011, 06:29:15 AM »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7467 on: January 11, 2011, 12:48:07 AM »
Posted someone's video of the protest on facebook if anyone's interested. It's about 10 mins long I think, but you can see where I live and me walking around looking like I dunno what I'm doing   :autism: (I was near the front - with the kids lol - so I'm in it quite a bit I think)

Scrapheap

« Reply #7468 on: January 11, 2011, 12:59:44 AM »
Posted someone's video of the protest on facebook if anyone's interested. It's about 10 mins long I think, but you can see where I live and me walking around looking like I dunno what I'm doing   :autism: (I was near the front - with the kids lol - so I'm in it quite a bit I think)

What's the issue with the incinerator?? is it just a case of "not in my backyard"?? or is it an all around bad idea??

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7469 on: January 11, 2011, 01:03:28 AM »
We don't want it here first and foremost, but against them in general, from what I've read about them. I'll admit I'm far ffrrom being an erxpert on the subject, but the only sources that point to anythig positive seem to ber VERY biased (for example in our case, the company trying to get planning permission). Most people in my town who are strongly against it are parents concerned about their kids' health