Author Topic: Photo Thread.  (Read 144324 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Photo Thread.
« Reply #7245 on: December 21, 2010, 03:34:27 PM »
I rinse my cans and bottles, for the obvious reasons.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7246 on: December 21, 2010, 03:54:05 PM »
We haven't had recycling since 2005, after Katrina.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

GalileoAce

« Reply #7247 on: December 21, 2010, 09:03:13 PM »

Hey, looks you finally got THAT sex change, Schleed. :wanker:
That's not Schleed...

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7248 on: December 21, 2010, 09:13:55 PM »
Cousin nobody washes out thier cans. who does that? And of course i recycle. I'm a friend of the earth,  :orly:

I do! My recyclable containers are virtually spotless when I toss them in the bin!  :angel:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Scrapheap

« Reply #7249 on: December 21, 2010, 09:40:40 PM »

GalileoAce

« Reply #7250 on: December 21, 2010, 10:12:29 PM »

richard

« Reply #7251 on: December 22, 2010, 12:52:06 PM »
:LMAO: at pisstake of me.
I feel like a whool coat to tell you the truth. the hair is slowly driving me crazy

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7252 on: December 22, 2010, 03:30:22 PM »
Cousin nobody washes out thier cans. who does that? And of course i recycle. I'm a friend of the earth,  :orly:

I had to do this when I lived in Anaheim. If you don't, gnats will start to live in the bag of cans you have. You either have to rinse out the cans, or keep them outside.

Quite a few "places" insist that you clean out your recyclables, before you put them into the bins. They will fine you if you do not.

FFS, sometimes I throw things away, simply BECAUSE I do not want to clean them!!

:zombiefuck:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7253 on: December 22, 2010, 04:52:56 PM »
Cousin nobody washes out thier cans. who does that? And of course i recycle. I'm a friend of the earth,  :orly:

I had to do this when I lived in Anaheim. If you don't, gnats will start to live in the bag of cans you have. You either have to rinse out the cans, or keep them outside.

Quite a few "places" insist that you clean out your recyclables, before you put them into the bins. They will fine you if you do not.

FFS, sometimes I throw things away, simply BECAUSE I do not want to clean them!!

Me too depends on what it will take to get it clean and how gross it is some stuff is just not worth it.  Say if you have to spend 10 minutes cleaning it using five gallons hot water and soap the value saved is probably nothing.  I rinse but not much else
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7254 on: December 23, 2010, 02:43:19 AM »

Me too depends on what it will take to get it clean and how gross it is some stuff is just not worth it.  Say if you have to spend 10 minutes cleaning it using five gallons hot water and soap the value saved is probably nothing.  I rinse but not much else

Exactly, I have thrown away crusty recyclable stuff that would have taken major effort to clean. I do try to clean most of it before it GETS crusty!  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #7255 on: December 23, 2010, 05:18:23 AM »

Exactly, I have thrown away crusty recyclable stuff that would have taken major effort to clean. I do try to clean most of it before it GETS crusty!  :laugh:

i recycle my pop cans/bottles and thats about it... not because i dont feel like doing more but because if i put the effort in to help the earth i will get significantly less video game time, which is all thats keeping me sane at the moment as there are thousands of annoying women in my life it seems... thank god glueys not one of them, if i wasn't over on the mainland when writing this i would probably jump ship and go to her place. god i hate family holiday celebrations >.<

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7256 on: December 23, 2010, 03:59:12 PM »
Cousin nobody washes out thier cans. who does that? And of course i recycle. I'm a friend of the earth,  :orly:

I generally do less cleaning on recyclables when the temperature is expected to be below freezing for four or five months. In the very short summer, I am anal about not attracting pests, but that is my motivation in cleaning out the recyclables before I dump them into the bin, not the convenience of the company that I PAY fifty something dollars per month to recycle my garbage (while that company makes quite a bit of profit from recycling all of our garbage).

Mainly, I do not want my garbage to attract raccoons, opossums, rats, mice, ants, etc.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7257 on: December 23, 2010, 04:45:54 PM »

I generally do less cleaning on recyclables when the temperature is expected to be below freezing for four or five months. In the very short summer, I am anal about not attracting pests, but that is my motivation in cleaning out the recyclables before I dump them into the bin, not the convenience of the company that I PAY fifty something dollars per month to recycle my garbage (while that company makes quite a bit of profit from recycling all of our garbage).

Mainly, I do not want my garbage to attract raccoons, opossums, rats, mice, ants, etc.

:o  My city does it so it's in my taxes.  I actually take a lot of stuff to the dump myself especially in the summer for reasons such as yours.  I go two to four times a month for work and almost always take the house garbage too
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7258 on: December 24, 2010, 03:50:36 PM »
all this talk about recycling and no photos :(

DukeNukem

« Reply #7259 on: December 26, 2010, 11:51:47 AM »
Here's a photo of me in my new Saint Vitus t-shirt.