Author Topic: Photo Thread.  (Read 144420 times)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Photo Thread.
« Reply #6120 on: October 24, 2009, 08:40:39 AM »

Spaz said he wants a tribal armband, but I told him they stopped being cool once frat boys started getting them.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #6121 on: October 24, 2009, 09:05:05 AM »

Are those animals indigenous to OZ?

Not at all, but they are cool anyway.

Plus they have breeding programs like most zoos do, which is good.

I think it's cool to see animals that you normally wouldn't see outside of the zoo.

But I like animals that can main and or kill! Meerkats just don't measure up.

Giraffes maim and kill?

Well he came up really really close to the bus, and I think that was pretty cool.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6122 on: October 24, 2009, 09:06:54 AM »
I don't like zoos.  It's horrible seeing those animals cooped up in fake conditions just so humans can have a gawk at them  :(

In the wild they get hunted to extinction or lose their habitat to man, so when zoos help bring up their numbers with breeding programs, then I think they are good thing. 

Celticgoddess

« Reply #6123 on: October 24, 2009, 09:55:14 AM »
I don't like zoos.  It's horrible seeing those animals cooped up in fake conditions just so humans can have a gawk at them  :(

In the wild they get hunted to extinction or lose their habitat to man, so when zoos help bring up their numbers with breeding programs, then I think they are good thing. 

That's what I was going to bring up too. There are so many animals that would have been extinct due to hunting/loss of habitat if there were no zoos or animal sanctuaries.

When I was younger, we were driving through African Lion Safari (it's like the safaris in the africa) and you're smart to keep your windows up during baboons and vicious animal areas. But when we got to where the giraffe's were, my Dad accidentally leaned on the button for the power windows and my back window went down. So this giraffe stuck his whole head in our car (I scooted over to the OTHER side of the car) and due to his long nect and exceptionally long purple tongue, he proceeded to lick me all over my face.  :zombiefuck: The park rangers had to come over and convince the silly thing to leave our car.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6124 on: October 24, 2009, 10:06:15 AM »

That's what I was going to bring up too. There are so many animals that would have been extinct due to hunting/loss of habitat if there were no zoos or animal sanctuaries.

When I was younger, we were driving through African Lion Safari (it's like the safaris in the africa) and you're smart to keep your windows up during baboons and vicious animal areas. But when we got to where the giraffe's were, my Dad accidentally leaned on the button for the power windows and my back window went down. So this giraffe stuck his whole head in our car (I scooted over to the OTHER side of the car) and due to his long nect and exceptionally long purple tongue, he proceeded to lick me all over my face.  :zombiefuck: The park rangers had to come over and convince the silly thing to leave our car.

Yeah, the guy driving the bus was talking about one of the animal species there that is usually hunted for its horns. He said that the release a whole bunch of them that had been bred in captivity and within two days, poachers have killed the lot of them. That shit is fucked up.

Blasted

« Reply #6125 on: October 24, 2009, 10:34:27 AM »

I guess but some are just really sad places.  There is this really frightful zoo in Warsaw where the animals look downright miserable.  The conditions there are not too good either.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6126 on: October 24, 2009, 10:35:41 AM »
Some zoos are better than other
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #6127 on: October 24, 2009, 12:38:33 PM »
The zoo in Dublin is really crap, can't even get a good photo of animals let alone see them properly. Belfast zoo is supposed to be miles better.

That said though, I find zoos to be fucking boring. Pet shop does the same job to me. :zoinks:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6128 on: October 24, 2009, 01:25:37 PM »
I've always gone to the Bronx zoo in NYC which is very nice I have seen some that I out close down though

George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #6129 on: October 24, 2009, 02:15:46 PM »
My new M&P9c in box.

And hanging out with the P2KSK.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6130 on: October 24, 2009, 02:18:11 PM »
They look very ergonomic are the easy on the hands?

George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #6131 on: October 24, 2009, 02:20:15 PM »
Yeah they are both pretty cool. You should come visit the PRK Parts and we'll go shooting.  :thumbup:

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6132 on: October 24, 2009, 02:22:08 PM »

They do look comfortable. Are the slides composite as well, or just the bodies?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6133 on: October 24, 2009, 02:24:29 PM »
My wife hates guns still working on getting my own she says when we move to the country

George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #6134 on: October 24, 2009, 02:24:52 PM »
No the slides are steel. A certain amount of mass is required to control slide velocity, remenber mv = m'v'. The invite to shoot if you visit PRK extends to you as well ebf.