Educational

Author Topic: Photo Thread.  (Read 144408 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Photo Thread.
« Reply #4350 on: March 10, 2008, 10:41:33 AM »
I think that I lost some of my modesty while I was in the hospital giving birth.

Did you poo in front of people?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

richard

« Reply #4351 on: March 10, 2008, 01:49:50 PM »
haha peter, when my sister gave birth she did and thankfully i didnt see it :P

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4352 on: March 11, 2008, 02:06:01 AM »
I think that I lost some of my modesty while I was in the hospital giving birth.

No, not exactly.

I wore one of those backless gowns and I couldn't get out of bed because my water had broken but her head was not down, so they were afraid that her cord would prolapse, so I did poo in a bedpan, but not in front of people. 

Every so often, someone else came in for another peek under the covers to see how my daughter was coming along, which was sort of like aversion therapy for modesty.

At first, her hand was on her head, but as things progressed, her arm stuck out more and more.

In the end, I had a Caesarean section, because my daughter's right arm was sticking out beside her head and a vaginal birth could have hurt her shoulder.

I had an epidural and was strapped down to a table that looked like a cross for this procedure.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #4353 on: March 11, 2008, 07:33:52 PM »
No WONDER you liked scrap's pic.

ozymandias

« Reply #4354 on: March 11, 2008, 09:06:13 PM »

No, not exactly.

I wore one of those backless gowns and I couldn't get out of bed because my water had broken but her head was not down, so they were afraid that her cord would prolapse, so I did poo in a bedpan, but not in front of people. 

Every so often, someone else came in for another peek under the covers to see how my daughter was coming along, which was sort of like aversion therapy for modesty.

At first, her hand was on her head, but as things progressed, her arm stuck out more and more.

In the end, I had a Caesarean section, because my daughter's right arm was sticking out beside her head and a vaginal birth could have hurt her shoulder.

I had an epidural and was strapped down to a table that looked like a cross for this procedure.

I watched two caesareans during my nursing student practicals.  The table that was used for you is standard.  One arm of the "cross" is used to hold the arm stable for IV fluid infusion, the other can be used to strap down the other arm to keep the mother from reaching down into what is considered a sterile surgical field.  Especially with a surgically opened abdomen, the danger of abdominal infection is just too great

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4355 on: March 11, 2008, 10:53:10 PM »

No, not exactly.

I watched two caesareans during my nursing student practicals.  The table that was used for you is standard.  One arm of the "cross" is used to hold the arm stable for IV fluid infusion, the other can be used to strap down the other arm to keep the mother from reaching down into what is considered a sterile surgical field.  Especially with a surgically opened abdomen, the danger of abdominal infection is just too great

I wondered why my other arm had to be strapped down, like what did they think I would do with it?

That also explains why they put up a screen so I couldn't see her come out. 

I guess they may have been afraid that I would sneeze on the sterile field or else reach down there to try to hold her.

As it was, I didn't get to hold our daughter, but my husband did.

ozymandias

« Reply #4356 on: March 12, 2008, 05:10:14 AM »

No, not exactly.

I wondered why my other arm had to be strapped down, like what did they think I would do with it?

That also explains why they put up a screen so I couldn't see her come out. 

I guess they may have been afraid that I would sneeze on the sterile field or else reach down there to try to hold her.

As it was, I didn't get to hold our daughter, but my husband did.

Reaching down to hold a baby as it is born is a pretty strong urge, my wife did it when Amber was coming out.  And yes the screen is is for that reason.  Plus, would you REALLY want to see them operating on you?   :o

Offline WillOne

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #4357 on: March 12, 2008, 09:11:40 AM »
Eh...

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4358 on: March 14, 2008, 12:57:30 PM »
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4359 on: March 14, 2008, 01:07:51 PM »
Cute dog. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

richard

« Reply #4360 on: March 14, 2008, 02:24:53 PM »
my mom has a dog like that

Sophgay

« Reply #4361 on: March 14, 2008, 02:46:55 PM »
he looks nice and cuddly

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4362 on: March 14, 2008, 06:05:43 PM »
He looks like he's very comfy :green:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Persona

« Reply #4363 on: March 14, 2008, 06:17:25 PM »
Waggy FTW.

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #4364 on: March 14, 2008, 08:58:02 PM »
this is when i was 18.  I was such a dork then, less now.  Nope, I'm still a dork.

Hmmm.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 09:16:10 AM by driftingblizzard »
Feeling neutral is very normal.