Educational

Author Topic: Photo Thread.  (Read 144471 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Photo Thread.
« Reply #3540 on: January 04, 2008, 03:42:29 AM »
  But isn't she cute? ;D

Terribly so. I suppose she'd hurt you,
if you pounced on her, like that, and
licked her nose?

Yes...Much pain would be inflicted upon my person.
I find that hard to believe!   :laugh:  She seems like the sweetest person ever - she's become my role-model!   ;D
I have? Wow, no one has ever called me that before. Thank you very much.

When GA took that photo, the sound of the camera woke me up. I am a light sleeper so during the night I can get woken up many times. So if that happens, I have a nap in the day time.

parts, I have noticed in many photos of you that your eyes look violet. Really nice. :)
And some very cute furry kittens.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3541 on: January 04, 2008, 04:14:41 AM »
At 19 My best mates mother asked me if I remembered how I used to have sleep overs in primary. I said I did. She told me "I used to dread them. You were REALLY well behaved but....you used to go to sleep and in the morning you would not move, your chest did not even look like it was breathing. You did not respond to me calling or even shaking you. It was scary. I even felt your pulse a few times to make sure. You used to wake in your own time and seem quite happy". My ex-wife used to say the same thing. As have other girlfriends.
I like my sleep.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #3542 on: January 04, 2008, 05:01:27 AM »
Death sleep.

That's hot.

Soph

« Reply #3543 on: January 04, 2008, 05:03:20 AM »
death sleep is sad

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #3544 on: January 04, 2008, 05:09:37 AM »
Depends on how it's done.

I think it's hot.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3545 on: January 04, 2008, 05:59:59 AM »
We got a little bit of snow.  I took Waggy out in it, but it wasn't deep enough for her to play in.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3546 on: January 04, 2008, 06:37:35 AM »
Just enough to make everything look nice though
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3547 on: January 04, 2008, 08:43:08 AM »
Some geeky childhood photos.   :laugh:

bottom row, second from left

me with my mom

easter, 4th grade

age 12 with a friend

hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3548 on: January 04, 2008, 09:23:12 AM »
I made an IR filter for my camera.  I couldn't get any particularly good pics today, since it's almost dark and there's not much IR light to work by, but I got a few to test it out, and it works pretty well.  It also works for my eyes when I use it as a monocle thingy; my fluorescent tube, which is cool and doesn't give off much IR, looks dim through it, and an incandescent bulb is much brighter despite being dimmer at visible wavelengths.  The pics are a bit blurry, since they needed a 1/2 second exposure and I didn't use a tripod.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3549 on: January 04, 2008, 09:24:53 AM »

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3550 on: January 04, 2008, 10:07:18 AM »
I made an IR filter for my camera.  I couldn't get any particularly good pics today, since it's almost dark and there's not much IR light to work by, but I got a few to test it out, and it works pretty well.  It also works for my eyes when I use it as a monocle thingy; my fluorescent tube, which is cool and doesn't give off much IR, looks dim through it, and an incandescent bulb is much brighter despite being dimmer at visible wavelengths.  The pics are a bit blurry, since they needed a 1/2 second exposure and I didn't use a tripod.

I would give you one of my old bogen tripods, if you were within a reasonable driving distance.

I have actually given away many photo things to people who have shown me an aptitude or interest in this area. I gave away an old Yashica to a person who I photographed a couple of years ago.

I made a eal with an ebay contact last year and he got buttloads more stuff to play with than we agreed on at ebay. He also gave me more money, but he got strobe lighting and knowledge to take with him.

I dug out an old medium format camera (Mamiya 645, standard lens, multiple film backs and a 3021 Bogen tripod with a three-way head) to give to a youngster at work a few days ago. He seemed a bit taken aback, but I reminded him that the camera has no commercial value. He will have to buy film for it and pay for processing or create a darkroom situation to use it. I gave him four rolls of film, too.

He is a punk kid, but his interests are similar to mine. I made him promise to not tell anyone at work. That was THE condition!

Funny thing is that he is also into audio, but his life is geared around Car-Fi, which I am not interested in. He had blown several speakers in his doors when he cranks up his gear. I showed him how to keep that from happening. He now thinks I'm smart or something.

NO! I'm an old rocker who knows how to get the most out of what gear you are trying to use, that's all. I don't give a fuck about car-fi
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 10:21:05 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3551 on: January 04, 2008, 10:23:21 AM »
I brought them up in IrfanView and simply increased the gamma.

They are creepy as hell!

I love infra-red photography.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3552 on: January 04, 2008, 10:40:03 AM »
I brought them up in IrfanView and simply increased the gamma.

They are creepy as hell!

I love infra-red photography.

It's ok; I've got a tripod, but it's folded away at the moment and I just wanted to do some quick tests, since the light was fading fast.  I'll see if I can get some better pics tomorrow when the light's better and there's more time for it.  A sunny day would be great, but I don't think there's much chance of that in the immediate future.

I'm quite pleased with my filter; I was wondering how to fit one to my camera, and the tube arrangement I came up with just slides on and off and has a snug and secure fit.  Next job is to make some IR goggles.  I could get some welding goggles that would be perfect for it, but I'd pay more in postage than I'd pay for the goggles if I got them online, and there's no rush to get them since I wouldn't be likely to get much use from them until spring.  I have my IR camera filter/monocle for now.

Do you do any IR photography?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3553 on: January 04, 2008, 10:42:22 AM »
A normal pic of Waggy.  Her tongue sticks out when she's sleepy.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #3554 on: January 04, 2008, 10:48:31 AM »

age 12 with a friend

Happy one, or bitchy?

I'm guessing the former.

I remember those shorts.  :laugh: