Educational

Author Topic: Photo Thread.  (Read 144346 times)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: Photo Thread.
« Reply #1920 on: August 06, 2007, 12:37:17 PM »
If I was go get lasik surgery I would still need glasses to even drive.   That is what the doctor told me a few years ago.   My parents were going to give me laser eye surgery as a Christmas present, but when I learned that I still would have to wear glasses I decided to not bother.   My friend James can't get laser eye surgery because his eyes are fucked up to the point that his retinas are so thin that the surgery would possibly damage him more than help him.   That kid can't see a damn thing without his glasses.   I don't remember whether his prescription is stronger than mine or not, it would be hard to be stronger than my left eye haha (they don't make contacts powerful enough for my left eye).
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #1921 on: August 06, 2007, 12:40:37 PM »
If I was go get lasik surgery I would still need glasses to even drive.   That is what the doctor told me a few years ago.   My parents were going to give me laser eye surgery as a Christmas present, but when I learned that I still would have to wear glasses I decided to not bother.   My friend James can't get laser eye surgery because his eyes are fucked up to the point that his retinas are so thin that the surgery would possibly damage him more than help him.   That kid can't see a damn thing without his glasses.   I don't remember whether his prescription is stronger than mine or not, it would be hard to be stronger than my left eye haha (they don't make contacts powerful enough for my left eye).
Dont you need to have really good eyesight to drive, so you can read the signs etc. You would still get improved unaided vision wouldnt you, with Lasek. It would be useful for swimming etc. And you would be able to get contacts that work.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #1922 on: August 06, 2007, 12:50:54 PM »

I've been placid compared to last year. I was at PI's throat, Dunc's throat, McJ's throat -- everyone's throat! >:D

You went for my dick, instead.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #1923 on: August 06, 2007, 03:00:37 PM »
Dont you need to have really good eyesight to drive, so you can read the signs etc. You would still get improved unaided vision wouldnt you, with Lasek. It would be useful for swimming etc. And you would be able to get contacts that work.

This is all true to a degree.   I just was thinking that what is the point of expensive ass Lasik surgery if I am still going to have to wear glasses to see shit.   I swim fine without glasses or contacts right now, its just seeing the shoreline in the middle of a huge ass lake or something that is the problem (lost my glasses on a jetski once).    The contacts I have work decent enough.   I probably will get laser eye surgery eventually.   I was just looking for an excuse to buy more video games and shit for my PC that time I think.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #1924 on: August 06, 2007, 03:04:55 PM »

This is all true to a degree.   I just was thinking that what is the point of expensive ass Lasik surgery if I am still going to have to wear glasses to see shit.   I swim fine without glasses or contacts right now, its just seeing the shoreline in the middle of a huge ass lake or something that is the problem (lost my glasses on a jetski once).    The contacts I have work decent enough.   I probably will get laser eye surgery eventually.   I was just looking for an excuse to buy more video games and shit for my PC that time I think.
You and your games... How big is your collection, anyway?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1925 on: August 06, 2007, 03:05:25 PM »
I really like your frames.

mine make me look stupid...yours are pretty.  :)

Thanks!  :)

You must be a new member. Just a warning: I'm belligerent online, so if I come across as an asshole to you at some point, take me with a pinch of salt. (You probably will, but you seem nice and formal, so I felt like giving out a warning.)

Are you wussing out on us peegai?? I wanna see soem blood.  >:D

I've been placid compared to last year. I was at PI's throat, Dunc's throat, McJ's throat -- everyone's throat! >:D

But none of us held that against you peaguy- most of us here don't seem to do the petty grudge thing.
only the petty grudge fuck.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1926 on: August 06, 2007, 03:09:23 PM »
There's nothing petty about a grudge fuck- it wouldn't be half as much fun if there was.  :P
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 03:17:44 PM by purposefulinsanity »

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #1927 on: August 06, 2007, 03:19:39 PM »

No clue.   Current generation not much due to me just having an Xbox360 and a few games.   I have a GC, Xbox, PS2, DS and GBA that all combined total probably over a hundred games between them (espeically if you include the dreacast).   I have more games than I can play probably, it is a sickness when I look at it really.   Especially going back to when I was playing FFXI for 40-60 hours a week while working and going to classes.   I rarely slept back then, it was fucking crazy.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #1928 on: August 06, 2007, 03:30:30 PM »

No clue.   Current generation not much due to me just having an Xbox360 and a few games.   I have a GC, Xbox, PS2, DS and GBA that all combined total probably over a hundred games between them (espeically if you include the dreacast).   I have more games than I can play probably, it is a sickness when I look at it really.   Especially going back to when I was playing FFXI for 40-60 hours a week while working and going to classes.   I rarely slept back then, it was fucking crazy.
I wish i could get away with avoiding sleep like that. What do you study anyway?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #1929 on: August 06, 2007, 03:40:08 PM »

I wish i could get away with avoiding sleep like that. What do you study anyway?

At the time it was just CCNA/CCNP related stuff, I didn't study much though haha.   I went to classes and took tests and did labs and projects.   I got my grades and that was it, then I went home and played FFXI all night.   Before that I was more into Comp Sci (which is where I might go back to this semester). 

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #1930 on: August 06, 2007, 03:40:56 PM »

At the time it was just CCNA/CCNP related stuff, I didn't study much though haha.   I went to classes and took tests and did labs and projects.   I got my grades and that was it, then I went home and played FFXI all night.   Before that I was more into Comp Sci (which is where I might go back to this semester). 
I will probably be doing some CS next year.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #1931 on: August 06, 2007, 06:16:44 PM »
What is CCNA/CCNP?

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #1932 on: August 06, 2007, 07:23:09 PM »
What is CCNA/CCNP?

Cisco Certifications.  Cisco has pretty much made the majority of hardware that makes the internet work.  A certification from them is supposed to prove that you know computer networking.

And while the value of said certifications as proof of techinical capability vs. test taking ability are always up for debate, most professionals I've ever worked with will take a CCNA/CCNP as more valuable than anything from Microsoft.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #1933 on: August 06, 2007, 07:29:54 PM »
Ah thanks. Yeah, always wondered if something
of that nature would help me. I'm so damned lame
with dealing with the real world aspects.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #1934 on: August 07, 2007, 08:57:22 AM »
Yeah Cisco certs can get you a good job.   I should probably be looking for one rofl.   The last Cisco class I took was VoIP (Voice over IP), I probably should take QoS (Quality of Service) which is related somewhat to VoIP.    The current job I have really doesn't even take advantage of my A+ cert lol.   I should get off my ass and get a better job basically, but I am going back to school full time.   It will be hard to balance hours at work with college classes probably.   My free time will probably be what suffers the most.