Author Topic: odeon's ask away-thread  (Read 68669 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: odeon's ask away-thread
« Reply #2250 on: December 30, 2016, 12:48:15 PM »
I'm not trying to win you over, I'm trying to give you a way out. Face it, people want this to end. They don't care about any of it, they just want it to end.

But yes, sure, it's an ultimatum, too. This is not something you can win.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2251 on: December 30, 2016, 01:28:07 PM »
Why do you think I locked that thread? It was that or the sinbin for you,
These aren't the only options.

I could ban him, too. :M
There's the option to simply stop. There's also the option to continue reacting to every single thing he says to or about you; that seems to be working out okay.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2252 on: December 30, 2016, 02:32:32 PM »
Why do you think I locked that thread? It was that or the sinbin for you,
These aren't the only options.

I could ban him, too. :M
There's the option to simply stop. There's also the option to continue reacting to every single thing he says to or about you; that seems to be working out okay.

:indeed:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #2253 on: December 30, 2016, 02:50:46 PM »
I'm not trying to win you over, I'm trying to give you a way out. Face it, people want this to end. They don't care about any of it, they just want it to end.

You didn't have to pick fights with him those times you did. You chose to.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2254 on: December 30, 2016, 04:26:56 PM »
I've marked my calendar for March 15, and if this is still going on I plan to create an anniversary thread to commemorate the day this crap all started. I may even be inspired to write a poem. :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2255 on: December 30, 2016, 04:32:00 PM »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2256 on: December 30, 2016, 04:36:10 PM »
I've marked my calendar for March 15, and if this is still going on I plan to create an anniversary thread to commemorate the day this crap all started. I may even be inspired to write a poem. :zoinks:

It's been less than a year?  :laugh:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2257 on: December 30, 2016, 04:39:51 PM »
 :lol1:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2258 on: December 30, 2016, 06:11:43 PM »

That is exactly right. Of course, I will not win. I do not have an Admin Panel to ban opinions or censor opinions I do not like. It's the Authoritarian "might makes right" approach to moderation, but it is not observing this mission statement is it?

You have found INTENSITY², the autistic spectrum site everyone loves to hate.

We stand for freedom of expression, combative debate, and the generation of ideas. There are no boundaries here over what may be said, save for one rule - be prepared to back up your words. Or face the wrath of the community.

As such this site is not suitable for children. If you are under 18 please come back when you aren't any more.

If you are over 18 and have the bottle for it,

Odeon does not have the bottle for it.

Equally, as interestingly:
* We know Odeon interceded against me in my feud with Zegh and called it bullying. That is a fact.
* We know that was his motive for interceding despite his assurances in the past that this was not the reason.
* However, we also know that Zegh started the feud and went really personal (and as Jack pointed out, was a bit of an MO).
* So did anyone see where Odeon went after Zegh and with equal commitment? Anyone?
* If not is it beyond unreasonable that Odeon sees his Admin role as at least in part, allowing members to get nasty with each other and then choose sides and gang up "as a member", against one party,  then when the member engages at that level back, to seek to use the Admin panel as an Admin to win the argument and put an end to that ganged up member?
* Anyone else see the problem with that and why the ganged up on member may ACTUALLY have grounds to not accept that as a reasonable exchange, result nor one that ought to be accepted?

C'mon people!
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2259 on: December 31, 2016, 04:04:08 AM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2260 on: December 31, 2016, 04:08:08 AM »

What part of the above do you not understand? Or is it that you want this to continue?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2261 on: December 31, 2016, 04:38:28 AM »

What part of the above do you not understand? Or is it that you want this to continue?

What part of what DFG just said do YOU not understand? I don't think you do. Can you explain what she means?

Edited for PSMELLE to see questions asked
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:35:31 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2262 on: December 31, 2016, 04:43:36 AM »
This just stopped.

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2263 on: January 01, 2017, 10:03:19 AM »
So, an actual questions for odeon in the question-thread:

How much money does it cost you to cost this site (or is that someone else's wallet)?
How much of your own time do you at this point spend doing the kind of stuff it takes to keep the site itself functional (updating, upkeep, whatever)?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2264 on: January 01, 2017, 11:11:56 AM »
So, an actual questions for odeon in the question-thread:

How much money does it cost you to cost this site (or is that someone else's wallet)?
How much of your own time do you at this point spend doing the kind of stuff it takes to keep the site itself functional (updating, upkeep, whatever)?

It's my wallet. The yearly cost, all in all, is around $150. I've been wondering if we need to upgrade to a bigger plan because of the size of the DB, but right now, that's about it, money-wise.

There's usually not that much to do beyond backups, updates and routine maintenance of the site and DB, so I guess a couple of hours per month. Sometimes more, if troubleshooting something. Py's mysterious posting issues, for example, took some time. Annoyingly they didn't lead anywhere.

- Albert Einstein