Educational

Author Topic: Illegal immigration in the USA  (Read 1426 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Illegal immigration in the USA
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 05:57:17 PM »
looking for parking spaces, too, probably. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 05:58:27 PM »
It depends what side of the force their spaceship is on...

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 05:58:54 PM »

:LMAO:   :clap:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 05:59:44 PM »
It depends what side of the force their spaceship is on...

only the disabled ones can be arsed, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 06:02:18 PM »
:laugh:

Teejay

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 06:05:36 PM »

Teejay, what's your point? The number of illegal immigrants per capita in UK (4/60) and Australia (1.3/21) are are roughly the same as in the US (20/300).

::)

Oh Sorry I was saying that 20 million illegal immigrants and their childern in the USA would be the same as 4 million in UK and 1.3 million in Australia. There are only 50,000 illegal immigrants here in Australia.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 06:09:08 PM »

Teejay, what's your point? The number of illegal immigrants per capita in UK (4/60) and Australia (1.3/21) are are roughly the same as in the US (20/300).

Oh Sorry I was saying that 20 million illegal immigrants and their childern in the USA would be the same as 4 million in UK and 1.3 million in Australia. There are only 50,000 illegal immigrants here in Australia.

Depends on the type. Illegal swedes would be pretty safe,
in terms of number of kids. Then again, many Mexicans don't
bring the little ones.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 06:13:29 PM »

They are all estimates though. The fact is no country knows how many illegals the country has, i have heard of estimates of up to 2 million for the UK.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2007, 06:20:28 PM »

And in what way are Australia and the UK comparable with the US? From where would they get their illegal immigrants? Boat refugees from Ireland or New Zealand?

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2007, 06:21:59 PM »

And in what way are Australia and the UK comparable with the US? From where would they get their illegal immigrants? Boat refugees from Ireland or New Zealand?
For us (UK) they walk through the tunnel (or ride the back of a lorry) , catch a plane or take a boat.

Scrapheap

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007, 07:53:44 PM »

For us (UK) they walk through the tunnel (or ride the back of a lorry) , catch a plane or take a boat.

I didn't know you could walk through the chunnel.... isn't it close to 30 miles long or something??

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2007, 08:47:55 PM »
I heard there are like 20 million illegal immigrants and their children in the USA (comparable to 1.3 million in Australia and 4 million in UK). Why hasn't the government there done anything to prevent more illegal immigrants coming like border fencing, vastly more patrols, serious punishment for employers who hire illegal immigrants and make life as unpleasant as possible for those wanting to enter the USA illegally.
it is a tough issue.  it kinda goes against our philosophy and history to completely close the borders.

and, if you are really curious, then i suggest you follow the money trail.  that usually points to the logic of the seemingly illogical.
Misunderstood.

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2007, 09:10:51 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty obvious why Bush is so illegal immigrant friendly, if you think about it.
It's definitely true that there's no way to know exactly how many illegals there are; in this city, the Hispanic population is supposed to be something like 30% according to the last census, but I'd place it more around 50%.
!!Super atomic enema!!

willow

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 09:13:11 PM »
I heard there are like 20 million illegal immigrants and their children in the USA (comparable to 1.3 million in Australia and 4 million in UK). Why hasn't the government there done anything to prevent more illegal immigrants coming like border fencing, vastly more patrols, serious punishment for employers who hire illegal immigrants and make life as unpleasant as possible for those wanting to enter the USA illegally.

qft.

Teejay

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 11:16:43 PM »

Our illegal immigrants are visa over stayers, we used to have some coming by boats from Indonesia (they came from places like Iraq and Afghanistan in first place) and claiming asylum, before the government decided to process them on islands like Nauru.