Educational

Author Topic: Rookie Rules  (Read 3086 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Rookie Rules
« on: April 01, 2006, 07:50:13 PM »

OK Rooks. ?these are the rules;

No biting, no hair pulling no rabbit punches and no hitting below the belt.

you have 30 days of freedom.
you may check us out all you like. ?
you may post in this forum to warm up.
you will be safe in this forum, noone can attack you.
if you post out of this forum you are fair game. but you may return here til your 30 days are up.
you may decide that after your trial period ends that you aren't intense enough.
if that is the case then you may go.
you will always be welcomed back with open arms.
but you get, just one, 30 day grace period.

you have been warned and you have a safeplace to warm your nerves. ?don't be afraid. ?its not as bad as you think.
Misunderstood.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Rookie Rules
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 02:29:42 PM »
 :laugh:

Why wasn't this one stickied?  :2thumbsup:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 05:21:29 PM »
wow.

my grammar hasn't improved in 4 years.  :'(
Misunderstood.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 05:25:32 PM »
Aaaaaawwwwwwww

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 05:27:42 PM »
don't feel sorry for me.

i used to have much better grammar, but, i began using this method as a means to make others think that i was simple of mind and humble.
now the filthy habit remains.
Misunderstood.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 05:30:18 PM »

That'll teach you! (not)

And I now soooo wonder if it helped you to come across the way you wanted.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 05:36:01 PM »

That'll teach you! (not)

i doubt people see the humility.  but yes, i do think that people underestimate me.  and alot of my past debates have ended when my opponent becomes a grammar nazi.  that always told me that i won on the points and they were reduced to name calling.
Misunderstood.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 05:45:27 PM »

That'll teach you! (not)

i doubt people see the humility.  but yes, i do think that people underestimate me.  and alot of my past debates have ended when my opponent becomes a grammar nazi.  that always told me that i won on the points and they were reduced to name calling.

I was wondering on the humble part mostly.
In my experience, lots of people find it very easy to view someone as dumb. Probably makes them feel better about their own wit. And one spelling error can change the opinion of people indeed. Don't know why, apart from hungering for a superiority feeling.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 05:49:23 PM »

That'll teach you! (not)

In my experience, lots of people find it very easy to view someone as dumb. Probably makes them feel better about their own wit. And one spelling error can change the opinion of people indeed. Don't know why, apart from hungering for a superiority feeling.
we are human beings after all.  we have raped the earth and subjugated all the other animal species.  of course we all think, or want to think, that we are special.
Misunderstood.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 05:53:30 PM »

That'll teach you! (not)

we are human beings after all.  we have raped the earth and subjugated all the other animal species.  of course we all think, or want to think, that we are special.

Oh, and we are. We've done all that in our own special way. Doesn't make us better though.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 05:55:02 PM »

That'll teach you! (not)

Oh, and we are. We've done all that in our own special way. Doesn't make us better though.
i think that it can be argued that it makes us worse.

though it doesn't change the fact that most humans have a need to feel special/better.
Misunderstood.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 06:02:24 PM »

That'll teach you! (not)

though it doesn't change the fact that most humans have a need to feel special/better.

Oh, I admit that I like to feel special for some. For those who are special to me.
Don't need to feel better I think. Could be false humility, will leave that to the shrinks.
I do want to better myself though. And changing a bit in the world would be nice. Even when I think there is no real progress in the world and humanity. Still, changing it a bit...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 06:07:54 PM »

That'll teach you! (not)

Oh, I admit that I like to feel special for some. For those who are special to me.
Don't need to feel better I think. Could be false humility, will leave that to the shrinks.
I do want to better myself though. And changing a bit in the world would be nice. Even when I think there is no real progress in the world and humanity. Still, changing it a bit...
all you really need to do is 3 kind deeds per week.  recycle more and take less showers.
Misunderstood.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »

That'll teach you! (not)

all you really need to do is 3 kind deeds per week.  recycle more and take less showers.
Damn, what can I recycle more? Just added plastic to the list this year. And less showers... That would go against 3 kind deeds. I should shorten my showers though. I tend to dream away and forget time and space.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 06:15:25 PM »
Damn, what can I recycle more? Just added plastic to the list this year. And less showers... That would go against 3 kind deeds. I should shorten my showers though. I tend to dream away and forget time and space.

you can share a shower with a man or a woman, whatever your preference is.  ;D
Misunderstood.