Author Topic: Ask dunc anything (if you must)  (Read 30017 times)

Offline Jizz

• Constant Poster
Re: Ask duncvis anything (if you must)
« Reply #510 on: September 08, 2006, 08:36:47 AM »
Was that the song that had the weird thingy screaming in an old womans face in the video or was that Come To Daddy?

I dunno much about Aphex Twin to be honest. A guy I know on MSN loves em though and sent me a few of their songs aaaaages ago but I burned em to disc then stuck the disc away and forgot about them :P

Have we mentioned Boards of Canada at all?
Created by humans...powered by METAL!!!

duncvis

« Reply #511 on: September 08, 2006, 11:25:54 AM »
that was Come to Daddy I think - Windowlicker is the one with Aphex Twin as some kind of fucked up pimp daddy and women in bikinis with beards/grotesque faces. If you haven't seen it, get thi to youtube.  ;D

And yeh, we touched on Boards of Canada, you were asking about similar stuff. I'm still re-exploring IDM, having pretty much ignored it for years until recently - Amorphous Androgynous (a Future Sound of London project) are interesting, they released an album last year Alice In Ultraland, which is hard to pigeonhole but good to skin up to. Been listening to some stuff that was a legal (gasp) torrent download - a shitload of stuff (about ten albums/EPs) off a label called Monotonik, I'm stillworking my way through it but there's some good stuff there - if you're interested shout up and I'll post the torrent.  8)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #512 on: September 10, 2006, 10:40:59 PM »
 think we should all establish a time (within the next week or so), and have a drunken chat conversation, with several members of I² participating.

shots every ten minutes and a cold beer always in hand (or wine).

we can name a designated log saver, who will post the declining results of the entire session.  that way, the next day, we can all use the blushing emoticon, frequently.

and, we should remember that this is Intensity².  so no holds barred.

also, clothing is optional.

who would be interested in this?

perhaps next sunday between 10pm and midnight british time.

that means i would be drinking by about two in the afternoon.

next sunday sept 18.  would you be interested?
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #513 on: September 11, 2006, 03:50:00 AM »
sure, if I'm feeling talkative. why sunday night anyway? some of us have to get up at stupid o'clock on monday morning, so cant get that munted.  :-\

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #514 on: September 11, 2006, 06:06:13 AM »
because i said so. >:D
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #515 on: September 11, 2006, 06:22:37 AM »
*salutes evil lower-functioning-aspie-bashing overlord*

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #516 on: September 11, 2006, 10:08:31 AM »
Hey, Dunc, am I no longer your slave? Robert claims that I'm not:

Quote from: Robert at Aspie Trash
Another note for HG's benefit. I am not omega's slave any more than Jizz is HG's slave, or Odeon is Duncvis' slave. I love my sweetie very much, and actually most of the favours have been her acting on my behalf rather than me on hers.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #517 on: September 11, 2006, 10:12:15 AM »

Another note for HG's benefit. I am not omega's slave any more than Jizz is HG's slave, or Odeon is Duncvis' slave. I love my sweetie very much, and actually most of the favours have been her acting on my behalf rather than me on hers.

:laugh:

+

I need to go read Aspie Trash again, I see.

duncvis

« Reply #518 on: September 11, 2006, 12:12:02 PM »

as of this point you're on leave. await my instructions and be ever ready to do my evil bidding though.  >:D

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #519 on: September 11, 2006, 02:33:35 PM »
<darths-voice>Yes my master.</darths-voice>
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #520 on: September 13, 2006, 09:59:08 PM »
What do You like about Intensity2 duncvis?
Guardian of the Empire

duncvis

« Reply #521 on: September 14, 2006, 05:09:08 AM »
What do You like about Intensity2 duncvis?

Its home.  8)

At random - the fact that 'you never know' (TM McJagger), the banter, the pace of the forums, the willingness of its members to challenge others and themselves, the honesty, the community spirit. That there is less apathy here, and more attitude. That a new poster can join and be dragged straight into the community despite the bullshit about cliques and in-crowds. That despite the expectation of cuntish behaviour, only one person has taken the piss at all in the 'real problems' forum - I think that shows we can and do offer support to each other. That the community truly dictates how the site runs. The open minds. The frequent laughs. And, of course, the Aspie Elite.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 05:10:42 AM by duncvis »

Offline Jizz

• Constant Poster
« Reply #522 on: September 14, 2006, 01:40:32 PM »
that was Come to Daddy I think - Windowlicker is the one with Aphex Twin as some kind of fucked up pimp daddy and women in bikinis with beards/grotesque faces. If you haven't seen it, get thi to youtube.  ;D

And yeh, we touched on Boards of Canada, you were asking about similar stuff. I'm still re-exploring IDM, having pretty much ignored it for years until recently - Amorphous Androgynous (a Future Sound of London project) are interesting, they released an album last year Alice In Ultraland, which is hard to pigeonhole but good to skin up to. Been listening to some stuff that was a legal (gasp) torrent download - a shitload of stuff (about ten albums/EPs) off a label called Monotonik, I'm stillworking my way through it but there's some good stuff there - if you're interested shout up and I'll post the torrent.  8)

That's encouraging illegal stuff Duncvis and you should be ashamed of yourself! :P

I don't really download stuff to be honest. My brother ends up having anything I'm after usually lol.

I've still to get him to put the Biosphere albums on to disc for me.....the lazy bastards!!! (him and I) :D
Created by humans...powered by METAL!!!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #523 on: September 14, 2006, 01:45:38 PM »
you are a fairly unassuming guy.  just lives from day to day.

how do you get yourself into all this duncshit?
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #524 on: September 14, 2006, 02:40:36 PM »
That's encouraging illegal stuff Duncvis and you should be ashamed of yourself! :P

would I encourage you to break the law, jizz? shame on you. its a legal download from a small label honest.  :'(

you are a fairly unassuming guy.  just lives from day to day.

how do you get yourself into all this duncshit?

just lucky I guess. Depends what you mean by 'all this' - if you mean Wobertgate, having a big gob and no tact probably. If you mean in general, I always get the shouts of 'power-crazed zomg satan etc' I think because I've moderated/run play nice forums, and I always end up being the guy with the big stick. as the poor fucker who usually had to make people behave, naturally people seem to think i got a kick out of it rather than just that I'm usually willing to get involved and help out with whatever's going on, and push stuff/do some fucking work... which as you know is how come Intensity² ended up being my responsibilty an all. I've always been one to get on with doing stuff rather than talk about it, or moan about how others are doing it.