Author Topic: Ask dunc anything (if you must)  (Read 30018 times)

le travesti angelique

Re: Ask duncvis anything (if you must)
« Reply #420 on: August 27, 2006, 10:15:08 AM »
Ever played the R-Type video games?

duncvis

« Reply #421 on: August 27, 2006, 10:46:20 AM »
Yeah. I liked R-Type. My favourite game of that type was Xenon II:Megablast on Amiga - Just fucking blasting up the screen. With the power ups the ship ended up about half the width of the screen.  8).

thepeaguy

« Reply #422 on: August 28, 2006, 11:22:00 PM »
Yeah. I liked R-Type. My favourite game of that type was Xenon II:Megablast on Amiga - Just fucking blasting up the screen. With the power ups the ship ended up about half the width of the screen.  8).

How far did you get on R-Type?

If you say that you've completed the damn game, I will throttle you because I had to cheat (first in a fucking while) in order to complete levels 7 & 8.

duncvis

« Reply #423 on: August 29, 2006, 05:33:44 AM »
Not all that far, about level 4 I think. I didn't play it much.

thepeaguy

« Reply #424 on: August 29, 2006, 11:09:07 AM »
Not all that far, about level 4 I think. I didn't play it much.

That's the level where you have to clear out those Bydo spores, isn't it?

I hate that level. It sucks.

thepeaguy

« Reply #425 on: August 29, 2006, 11:11:03 AM »
Sorry for being nosy, but what stopped you from going on holiday with your wife and kids? I reckon you would have one hell of a time with them.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #426 on: August 29, 2006, 11:37:20 AM »

duncvis

« Reply #427 on: August 29, 2006, 11:39:39 AM »
Several reasons -

- I don't have a passport (it expired a couple of years ago)
- xan's a bit little for a fortnight camping this year
- too much money for all of us to get there and the dog to go in kennels for two weeks
- totally selfish reason - being stuck in my in-laws field, wonderful as they are, with three squabbling kids for a fortnight really didn't appeal. :o

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #428 on: August 29, 2006, 01:17:50 PM »
- totally selfish reason - being stuck in my in-laws field, wonderful as they are, with three squabbling kids for a fortnight really didn't appeal.

and the truth shall set ye free.

i will purchase this last reason for a C-note.  its exactly the reason why i wouldn't have gone.
a man's got to have his peace and quiet from time to time to keep us sane.
Misunderstood.

Offline RobertN

• The Almighty Comrade
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #429 on: August 29, 2006, 05:15:47 PM »
How do you feel about being the owner of Intensity. Do you crave the feeling of power it gives you?

duncvis

« Reply #430 on: August 29, 2006, 07:36:34 PM »
How do you feel about being the owner of Intensity. Do you crave the feeling of power it gives you?

It varies from day to day. When, as a community, we are sharing experiences, learning from each other, or having a good laugh, I feel like I have done something useful by bailing Intensity out. I like hanging out here an all. Other times its a fucking pain in the arse and I wish someone else would take it on.

For what its worth, I don't usually view myself as 'the owner' - how can you own something which you don't control, which changes daily, and which relies on the input of those who use it to exist? I'm the guy who pays the bills, fixes stuff when they fuck up, and has to make sure the site doesn't breach the host's terms of service. I'm responsible for the site. That doesn't really give me any feeling of power, sorry to disappoint you. And power is usually a ballache - its overrated IMO and isn't something I've ever actively sought out. I just keep ending up in positions of 'power'/authority because I'm willing to make myself useful is all.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #431 on: August 29, 2006, 09:44:21 PM »
i was wondering how you were going to field that question.

i think that you keep ending up in these positions is because you are a kind, giving person.
not because you seek power because you aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves and get involved.  unlike some people who make claims of an aspie elite conspiracy, yet sit on their arse and do nothing but snipe at the people who work hard to make all this possible (and for FREE, i might add).
thanks dunc for being here for us.
Misunderstood.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #432 on: August 30, 2006, 02:01:17 AM »
i second what mcj says, and agree completely with you rpost, especially this bit:

I just keep ending up in positions of 'power'/authority because I'm willing to make myself useful is all.

i used to be like that in real life, too, but i've learned my lesson, lol.  (still am, but i'm a bit more discriminating as to what i put myself forward for).

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #433 on: August 30, 2006, 03:33:04 AM »
How can you say that, Dunc? You have to take into consideration the Ruling EliteTM myth. Try again, and this time, be a little more decisive:

"Yes, it gives me a great sense of power to be in control of unsuspecting aspoids like you."
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #434 on: August 30, 2006, 04:03:39 AM »
- totally selfish reason - being stuck in my in-laws field, wonderful as they are, with three squabbling kids for a fortnight really didn't appeal.

and the truth shall set ye free.

i will purchase this last reason for a C-note.  its exactly the reason why i wouldn't have gone.
a man's got to have his peace and quiet from time to time to keep us sane.

And the fact he'd be such a grumpy bastard if he did come is the reason why I'll probably take all 3 kids on my own next year  :laugh:  I would have taken all 3 this year, but a 3 year old and camping on a building site just don't mix well. I do think the break from each other does us good, at the moment we could be with each other almost 24 hours a day, if we didn't make sure we both got some time alone we'd end up annoying the fuck out of each other.