Author Topic: Ask dunc anything (if you must)  (Read 29906 times)

duncvis

Re: Ask dunc anything (if you must)
« Reply #1260 on: March 06, 2008, 07:43:20 PM »
I have no insight. I found the first ten pounds a doddle too, and the second ten was ok but sadly went straight back on when I got sick and couldnt exercise. when the weather improves a bit I'm starting fell walking again in earnest which should help. bought some new hiking boots last week, so as soon as I get my foot fixed next week I'm good to go.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1261 on: March 06, 2008, 08:13:58 PM »
I have no insight. I found the first ten pounds a doddle too, and the second ten was ok but sadly went straight back on when I got sick and couldnt exercise. when the weather improves a bit I'm starting fell walking again in earnest which should help. bought some new hiking boots last week, so as soon as I get my foot fixed next week I'm good to go.

Foot?
WTF is that?
I haven't heard about a foot.
With me it's the back, but I won't feeel pain anymore. i try to punk my back. It gets better when I do. It huerts trying to punk it out, but I win if I keep the pace up.

/randy out!

yeah, my second ten were a huge problem, too.

They kept coming back around. I am well past my third ten, now. It may be even harder to go more. Seems so.

Shit! Forgot to mention ... it's been over a year and I'm less than forty pounds from my fatfuck weight. The fourth ten pounds seems to be even more determined to hang on, diet, exercise (the bag!) and all.

(my doctor thinks it's fucking awesome. I think I'm a fucking puss!)

Courage, man!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 09:23:05 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #1262 on: March 07, 2008, 06:16:56 AM »
I put on 16kgs (35 lbs) in the last 16 months.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1263 on: March 07, 2008, 06:24:56 AM »
I'm round 10 kg heavier than I used to. Oh, the joys of middle age, a faulty diet and little physical exercise. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1264 on: March 07, 2008, 06:32:14 AM »
I'm round 10 kg heavier than I used to. Oh, the joys of middle age, a faulty diet and little physical exercise. :P

It takes more than a controlled diet and loads of exercise, though, to fight off the excess poundage of age.

If you saw my exerciseroutines you would likely be impressed, more so if you think that it is a fifty year old man jumping that high with such force.

I am trying to awaken the sleeping tiger within me, once again. She is a sleepy bitch, though.

I only seem to have moments, then it's back to the grave.

???
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #1265 on: March 07, 2008, 06:38:59 AM »

Foot?
WTF is that?
With me it's the back, but I won't feeel pain anymore. i try to punk my back. It gets better when I do. It huerts trying to punk it out, but I win if I keep the pace up.

/randy out!

They kept coming back around. I am well past my third ten, now. It may be even harder to go more. Seems so.

Shit! Forgot to mention ... it's been over a year and I'm less than forty pounds from my fatfuck weight. The fourth ten pounds seems to be even more determined to hang on, diet, exercise (the bag!) and all.

Courage, man!

I have an ingrown big toenail which had become badly infected and very painful. I've just had a course of antibiotics to subdue the bastard, then on the 19th the nail is being cut out. sadly local anaesthetic doesnt seem to work well on me, so i've been putting it off. *wince*

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1266 on: March 07, 2008, 07:23:15 AM »

Foot?
WTF is that?

/randy out!

Courage, man!

I have an ingrown big toenail which had become badly infected and very painful. I've just had a course of antibiotics to subdue the bastard, then on the 19th the nail is being cut out. sadly local anaesthetic doesnt seem to work well on me, so i've been putting it off. *wince*

Locals don't do much for me either.
I just think of earlier pains and try to make a gradient in my mind. Does this pain, right now, add up to much? Yes it is happening, NOW, but how big is it? How does it compare with previous pain that has not killed me? Is this pain going to kill me or can I take this one, too?

It's easy for me though. I have very little physical sensation to deal with, anyway, except at times when exerything is tingly and even my music hurts.

I have a "friend" who has had four toenails removed for the same reasons. He is a much bigger puss than most people I know, but he got through it.

You will, too.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1267 on: March 07, 2008, 08:11:35 AM »

Ouch!  That does sound painful.

Will the whole toenail have to come out?

duncvis

« Reply #1268 on: March 07, 2008, 09:01:30 AM »
Oh, I know Dawg, its had to be yanked before without anaesthetic, and it hurt like a sonofabitch. I've just been putting it off cos I knew it was going to be bad - but the toe itself got painful enough to consider it lol.

yes callaway, the whole nail will need to be removed, and the one on the other foot when i get round to it. I will have to have the nail beds removed in hospital at a later date probably.  :-\

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1269 on: March 07, 2008, 09:47:47 AM »
is it a genetic thing? what causes it?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

duncvis

« Reply #1270 on: March 07, 2008, 11:30:08 AM »
cutting nails too short can cause it. I neglected my feet when depressed, which allowed the problem to become severe. the shape of my nail beds makes it likely that it will recur now.  >:(

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1271 on: March 07, 2008, 01:56:56 PM »
that's a real bugger.  /patpatpat.  :(  toenails are a pain - i have a couple of dodgy ones, too.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1272 on: March 07, 2008, 01:59:12 PM »

/says nothing...  :P

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1273 on: March 07, 2008, 03:33:03 PM »
cutting nails too short can cause it. I neglected my feet when depressed, which allowed the problem to become severe. the shape of my nail beds makes it likely that it will recur now.  >:(

It will most likely recur.

There are many causes, including genetics and the shape and fit of your shoes. I used to be really weird about wearing my shoes too tight. For years, I bought shoes too small for me and stuffed my feet in them. It seems crazy now, but I guess I liked them tight back then. I was asking for problems.

::)

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #1274 on: March 07, 2008, 03:38:39 PM »
I had ingrown in the hospital to before, plus subdermal hematomia.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous