Author Topic: Ask dunc anything (if you must)  (Read 29996 times)

duncvis

Re: Ask dunc anything (if you must)
« Reply #1020 on: October 17, 2007, 09:55:14 AM »
i was hoping for a less permanent remedy. :P

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1021 on: October 17, 2007, 09:56:56 AM »
softie northern lightweight.  :smarty:

Scrapheap

« Reply #1022 on: October 18, 2007, 09:24:43 PM »
Have you ever had any Dark IPA's ??

sounds like a contradiction in terms. IDA, perhaps? never had one anyway.  :scratchhead:

What is your opinion about Barelywine??

I don't have one. The only readily available one here is Gold Label, which I've never tried (as it strikes me as being most likely minging) - I'd like to try a good one as I like strong English and Scotch Ales though. :glug:

Sorry I didn't get back to this one sooner, but in case you thought I smoked a bad batch of crack cocaine, here's what I was asking about.

Stone 11th Aniversary Ale Technicaly, a strong ale, but the brewer calls it a black IPA and it sure tastes like one!!! hoppy as all fuck!!!

This is the brewery that brews Arrogant Bastard Ale Have you ever seen it in England??

duncvis

« Reply #1023 on: October 18, 2007, 09:27:14 PM »
I haven't seen any Stone brews over here but I will have to look out for 11th anniversary, it looks interesting as fuck. :beergrin:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #1024 on: October 18, 2007, 09:30:05 PM »
I smoked a bad batch of crack cocaine

'Splains some things.  >:D

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1025 on: October 21, 2007, 02:12:14 PM »

Did I miss anything in the last couple of days?

I've been working like a slave and visiting with an ancient progeny, who stayed an extra day.

Life is good.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1026 on: October 21, 2007, 02:15:21 PM »
What's the craic Dunc?  Who's your new avie?

duncvis

« Reply #1027 on: October 21, 2007, 02:28:28 PM »

I've been working like a slave and visiting with an ancient progeny, who stayed an extra day.

Life is good.

Not a lot Dawg. Have been full of Ye British October Snot Cooties this week and have been coughing myself to pieces. And attempting to drink them back into a coherent mass again. Glad you is doing well matey :thumbup:

That, my Irish amigo, is a MANGO. <<---CLICKY for mango related hi-jinks, and a guest appearance from Teh Pope

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1028 on: October 21, 2007, 02:51:07 PM »

Life is good.

Not a lot Dawg. Have been full of Ye British October Snot Cooties this week and have been coughing myself to pieces. And attempting to drink them back into a coherent mass again. Glad you is doing well matey :thumbup:

Sorry about the snot cooties. I'm sure I'll have my turn, soon.
I've not had a drink since Wednesday, but I may correct that, shortly. My mezcal is frozen and ready.

Work put me on over-time in my second week. The wallet will be a bit better fed soon, it seems. Two more payments and the '02 Buick is ours and the only big payment will be the house.
It will be good to really be back on our feet again, instead of juggling the food and fun with the utilities and services.
:D
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1029 on: October 21, 2007, 02:58:31 PM »

Life is good.

That, my Irish amigo, is a MANGO. <<---CLICKY for mango related hi-jinks, and a guest appearance from Teh Pope

That's Mango!!  :yikes:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1030 on: October 21, 2007, 03:46:42 PM »
So you drink a lot of different beers and ale are any of them exported to the US or are they all of the more local variety?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

duncvis

« Reply #1031 on: October 21, 2007, 04:15:04 PM »
Some of them are exported, but I gather from the reviews some don't travel well. British beers worth checking out if you spot them include almost anything by Shepherd Neame, Timothy Taylor's Landlord, Black Sheep, Theakston's, Worthington's White Shield, and a fair few of Thwaites' beers.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1032 on: October 21, 2007, 05:19:40 PM »
I'll look next time I go thanks :)
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

duncvis

« Reply #1033 on: October 22, 2007, 11:57:33 AM »
Also, English blonde beers are often worth checking out in the summer - they tend be pretty hoppy (sometimes including Cascade/Amarillo or other US hop types), pale and have a citric, refreshing character. A few favourites of mine in the style - Hopback Summer Lightning, Springhead Roaring Meg, and from north of the Border you can't beat Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted - just 4.2% abv but what a flavour! That one's well worth tracking down.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 12:42:53 PM by Silent Dunc »

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1034 on: October 22, 2007, 12:21:49 PM »
Hey, I only just noticed that your ask away thread reached 69 pages- any ideas how we could celebrate that fact?  :eyebrows: