Author Topic: 'Cartoon' demonstrators jailed on race-hate charges  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: 'Cartoon' demonstrators jailed on race-hate charges
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 05:38:19 AM »

The veil is not part of Islam, regardless what certain "Muslims" say. It is a part of arab culture, which if they love it so much why live in Britain.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burqa If you look at that, you will see it was created by an Afghani guy...

This is like arguing that the Pope is not part of
Christianity. For those who do hold differently,
their beliefs should not be infringed upon, EVEN
though you can find no justification within their
holy texts. Sharia law is fundamentally religious
in nature.
Erm, so if i have some weird interpretaion of a religion, and then apply it, does that mean its acceptable because its called a religion? Personally, just because someone has written some bullshit, doesnt mean that the people who follow it should get special attention. We have got to the point that muslims have a different set of rules to everyone else because they whine louder...

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 01:53:35 PM »
Erm, so if i have some weird interpretaion of a religion, and then apply it, does that mean its acceptable because its called a religion? Personally, just because someone has written some bullshit, doesnt mean that the people who follow it should get special attention. We have got to the point that muslims have a different set of rules to everyone else because they whine louder...

Yes and no. I get special treatment due to
my faith, which is pretty crackpot, and AFAIK
no one else believes it. But, I doubt that I could
push it to, say, make people accept that I HAD to
wear a ski mask everywhere.

On the other hand, there are a goodly number of
followers of Sharia law, and like any reasonably large
religious sect, it would be due more respect - as long
as it's practices aren't too outrageous. Wearing a veil
seems reasonable.

Of course, I don't live in a country for which the
monarch is also the religious leader, so it may well
be different where you are. I wouldn't expect the
same freedoms in Saudi Arabia, or the Vatican, that
I do here, so I don't see why I should in the UK.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 01:57:21 PM »

Yes and no. I get special treatment due to
my faith, which is pretty crackpot, and AFAIK
no one else believes it. But, I doubt that I could
push it to, say, make people accept that I HAD to
wear a ski mask everywhere.

On the other hand, there are a goodly number of
followers of Sharia law, and like any reasonably large
religious sect, it would be due more respect - as long
as it's practices aren't too outrageous. Wearing a veil
seems reasonable.

Of course, I don't live in a country for which the
monarch is also the religious leader, so it may well
be different where you are. I wouldn't expect the
same freedoms in Saudi Arabia, or the Vatican, that
I do here, so I don't see why I should in the UK.
If you decided to wear a ski mask/ balaclava everywhere then the police would stop you every 10 minutes over here (someone tried it as a protest), where as the muslims just get away with everything because they believe total bull. Personally i cant see why the sharia loving ones cant live in the wonderful Saudi Arabia...

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 02:06:05 PM »
Personally i cant see why the sharia loving ones cant live in the wonderful Saudi Arabia...

It's too hot to wear such outfits?  :laugh:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 02:10:49 PM »
Personally i cant see why the sharia loving ones cant live in the wonderful Saudi Arabia...

You find them hot did you say Calandale?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 06:40:26 PM »

It is very hot there.

My sister-in-law's cousin married a Muslim man, so she converted to Islam and when they went to Saudi Arabia she had to wear the veil.  I think it is called a hijab.  The woman has to wear it there whenever she goes out in public to show respect for her husband and her father-in-law, because they would be shamed if she didn't.

She was just miserable in the heat.  They could go to the beach for some relief from it.  Even though she could not really get into the water, her seven children could.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 06:43:17 PM »

It is very hot there.

My sister-in-law's cousin married a Muslim man, so she converted to Islam and when they went to Saudi Arabia she had to wear the veil.  I think it is called a hijab.  The woman has to wear it there whenever she goes out in public to show respect for her husband and her father-in-law, because they would be shamed if she didn't.

She was just miserable in the heat.  They could go to the beach for some relief from it.  Even though she could not really get into the water, her seven children could.
The head scarf is the hijab. The veil is either the niqub or the burka i think. Seriously though why would she want to live anywhere like saudi arabia... way too hot and barbaric a place from what I can see.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 07:16:12 PM »

It is very hot there.

The head scarf is the hijab. The veil is either the niqub or the burka i think. Seriously though why would she want to live anywhere like saudi arabia... way too hot and barbaric a place from what I can see.

It definitely wasn't a burqa.  I'm not sure what it was, but I thought it was a hijab. 

She went there because her husband got very homesick.  They lived there for a while, even though her father-in-law never approved of his son marrying an American.  One day, her father-in-law decided to send just her to America without the rest of her family, but she and her husband knew that she would not be able to re-enter Saudi Arabia without her father-in-law's permission, and he didn't like her.  Unfortunately they could not leave Saudi Arabia without his permission either.  They decided to trick him.  With his permission, they went to visit another Middle Eastern country, then they left from there for the US.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2007, 07:43:32 PM »

How does sitting in the blazing sun on the scorching sand in what would be considered good winter gear here constitute getting relief?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2007, 07:48:17 PM »

How does sitting in the blazing sun on the scorching sand in what would be considered good winter gear here constitute getting relief?

There was an ocean breeze and the seven children had fun playing in the water.  She could barely get her toes wet. 

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2007, 02:20:37 AM »

It definitely wasn't a burqa.  I'm not sure what it was, but I thought it was a hijab. 

the scarf/veil (amounts to the same thing) is called a hijab, in common parlance, callaway, although "hijab" actually means "to veil", and refers to covering, and acting or dressing modestly, for both men and women (in the qur'an, that is).  the burqa is the covering for the whole body, icluding the face.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2007, 02:22:11 AM »

the scarf/veil (amounts to the same thing) is called a hijab, in common parlance, callaway, although "hijab" actually means "to veil", and refers to covering, and acting or dressing modestly, for both men and women (in the qur'an, that is).  the burqa is the covering for the whole body, icluding the face.

Thanks, Lucifer.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2007, 02:23:59 AM »
 :-*

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2007, 11:42:55 AM »

I just wanna slip under them burkhas.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2007, 03:40:58 PM »

I just wanna slip under them burkhas.
I wouldnt want to myself, there must be something pretty nasty they are hiding under there...