Author Topic: 'Cartoon' demonstrators jailed on race-hate charges  (Read 1946 times)

duncvis

'Cartoon' demonstrators jailed on race-hate charges
« on: July 19, 2007, 03:20:43 AM »
Fundie retards get what was coming to them:

THREE men were each sentenced to six years in jail yesterday for soliciting murder during a demonstration against an anti-Islamic cartoon.

Mizanur Rahman, 24, Umran Javed, 27, and Abdul Muhid, 25, were convicted during separate Old Bailey trials.

Judge Brian Barker, the Common Serjeant of London, said that their words had been designed to encourage murder and terrorism.

Abdul Saleem, 32, was cleared of soliciting murder at his trial, but convicted of inciting race hate. He was jailed for four years.

They were arrested after 300 protesters marched to the Danish embassy in central London in February last year.

The police made video recordings of speeches and slogans during the demonstration against a controversial cartoon of the Prophet Muhammad, which was first published in Denmark.

Rahman called for soldiers to be brought back from Iraq in body-bags. Muhid led a crowd in chanting "Bomb, bomb the UK".

http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1122532007

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: 'Cartoon' demonstrators jailed on race-hate charges
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 03:36:33 AM »
yay!   :clap:

tossers.   :grrr:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 11:38:12 AM »
How long did it take to convict them. If the BNP had done a similar thing i reckon the response would have been slightly different...

duncvis

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 02:29:13 PM »
How long did it take to convict them.

No idea. Google is your friend.

If the BNP had done a similar thing i reckon the response would have been slightly different...

In what respect?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 02:33:50 PM »
How long did it take to convict them.

No idea. Google is your friend.

If the BNP had done a similar thing i reckon the response would have been slightly different...

In what respect?
As in the police would have arrested almost everyone there on the spot. Maybe the army would have been even sent. Seriously Muslims get away with so much, why cant they fucking assimulate rather than just merely be made to pretend to integrate. It isnt like we Aspies are not expected to assimulate every fucking NT monkey gesture, and most of us Aspies were born here, FFS! Sorry just needed to vent...

duncvis

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 02:42:16 PM »
Sadly, I don't share your conviction that the police/army would have arrested everyone on the spot, any more than they did with these wankers.

The answer obviously is PC. Hate is hate, regardless of skin colour, and it DOES irritate the piss out of me to see authorities pandering to the religious sensibilities of one group. This should rightly be a secular country, and fuck christians AND muslims who can't seperate their right to peacefullly practice their own beliefs without insisting others adhere to their cultural code. Having said which, I live in a heavily muslim area, and most of em live and let live like most indigenous brits do. its the gobshite minority that cause all the bother.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 02:46:07 PM »
Sadly, I don't share your conviction that the police/army would have arrested everyone on the spot, any more than they did with these wankers.

The answer obviously is PC. Hate is hate, regardless of skin colour, and it DOES irritate the piss out of me to see authorities pandering to the religious sensibilities of one group. This should rightly be a secular country, and fuck christians AND muslims who can't seperate their right to peacefullly practice their own beliefs without insisting others adhere to their cultural code. Having said which, I live in a heavily muslim area, and most of em live and let live like most indigenous brits do. its the gobshite minority that cause all the bother.
Oh dont get me wrong there are some very nice muslims, there are just a very significant minority (at least 25%) who want to shit on us and make us live under Sharia. On the army thing, you at least agree that most people there will be arrested if the BNP try half the muslims stunt. The other thing is that the cops should have made every veiled muslim remove them, any that didnt they could have nicked them straight off for removing masks, makes it nice and easy to nick them and charge them...

duncvis

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 02:52:15 PM »
[there are just a very significant minority (at least 25%) who want to shit on us and make us live under Sharia.

where did this come from?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 02:54:12 PM »
[there are just a very significant minority (at least 25%) who want to shit on us and make us live under Sharia.

where did this come from?

Dispatches last summer, actually its 50% that want to live under sharia, but i bet half of them dont realise the implications...

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 03:30:15 PM »
The other thing is that the cops should have made every veiled muslim remove them, any that didnt they could have nicked them straight off for removing masks, makes it nice and easy to nick them and charge them...

So you don't think that a Muslim woman should be allowed to practice her religion in public?  Isn't a woman wearing a veil in public a sort of requirement of their religion?

I don't think Muslims or any other group should come into a country that is tolerant of them and then abuse their host's hospitality and tolerance by changing it into a country that is intolerant of its original citizens by adopting Sharia law, but forbidding them the right to practice their own religion goes too far.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 03:33:31 PM »
The other thing is that the cops should have made every veiled muslim remove them, any that didnt they could have nicked them straight off for removing masks, makes it nice and easy to nick them and charge them...

So you don't think that a Muslim woman should be allowed to practice her religion in public?  Isn't a woman wearing a veil in public a sort of requirement of their religion?

I don't think Muslims or any other group should come into a country that is tolerant of them and then abuse their host's hospitality and tolerance by changing it into a country that is intolerant of its original citizens by adopting Sharia law, but forbidding them the right to practice their own religion goes too far.
No, if you were in the UK and knew about the protest you would understand why everyone is pissed at them. As for the veil, its nothing to do with the religion, and there is no reference whatsoever to it in the Koran. Dressing up as a cross between a Klansmen and something out of batcave is simply designed to stir up trouble, nothing else. The real reason for the veil that is stated relates to Arab deserts from what I remember, I must have missed them in all these years I have been in the UK!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 03:50:17 PM »

No, if you were in the UK and knew about the protest you would understand why everyone is pissed at them. As for the veil, its nothing to do with the religion, and there is no reference whatsoever to it in the Koran. Dressing up as a cross between a Klansmen and something out of batcave is simply designed to stir up trouble, nothing else. The real reason for the veil that is stated relates to Arab deserts from what I remember, I must have missed them in all these years I have been in the UK!

I'm not from the UK, but I do know that some Muslim women wear veils as part of their religion.  I think that they should be free to practice their religion except when it infringes on other people's rights, like for example driver's license photos.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 04:01:37 PM »

I'm not from the UK, but I do know that some Muslim women wear veils as part of their religion.  I think that they should be free to practice their religion except when it infringes on other people's rights, like for example driver's license photos.
The veil is not part of Islam, regardless what certain "Muslims" say. It is a part of arab culture, which if they love it so much why live in Britain.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burqa If you look at that, you will see it was created by an Afghani guy...

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 09:21:17 PM »
I live in a heavily muslim area, and most of em live and let live like most indigenous brits do. its the gobshite minority that cause all the bother.

Yeah. People are people.
Most are concerned with the
things which intimately effect
their life, and not bothering with
ANYTHING else.

But, the vocal minorities are important.
They are good indications of the direction
in which things will go, if no positive changes
are implemented.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 09:23:54 PM »

The veil is not part of Islam, regardless what certain "Muslims" say. It is a part of arab culture, which if they love it so much why live in Britain.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burqa If you look at that, you will see it was created by an Afghani guy...

This is like arguing that the Pope is not part of
Christianity. For those who do hold differently,
their beliefs should not be infringed upon, EVEN
though you can find no justification within their
holy texts. Sharia law is fundamentally religious
in nature.