Author Topic: Posting apathy.  (Read 3881 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: Posting apathy.
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 08:46:34 AM »
Well I've been thinking of submitting review topics based on the video games I've played, but I can't be arsed to do that either. It's probably because of my lack of confidence with writing reviews.

Do it anyway- no-one here is going to judge you for not writing professional standard reviews.

I'd like to get some feedback over how my reviews are written, though.

Yeah I can understand that- do you worry that any criticism about them you might get might knock your confidence too much (cos that's one of the fears I have about stuff like that)?

The_P

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 08:49:25 AM »
Well I've been thinking of submitting review topics based on the video games I've played, but I can't be arsed to do that either. It's probably because of my lack of confidence with writing reviews.

Do it anyway- no-one here is going to judge you for not writing professional standard reviews.

I'd like to get some feedback over how my reviews are written, though.

Yeah I can understand that- do you worry that any criticism about them you might get might knock your confidence too much (cos that's one of the fears I have about stuff like that)?

As long as the criticism doesn't come with personal attacks based on my intelligence, I don't mind the feedback.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 08:53:47 AM »
I've been feeling some of that posting apathy lately, too. I read the threads but reply less than I used to. Sometimes I write a complete post before deleting it and moving on to the next topic.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 08:57:33 AM »
can't imagine why...   :angel:

duncvis

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 08:58:59 AM »
Me too, but I think thats partly cos its too fucking warm - I'm too tired to be arsed. Plus I'm currently sharing out my tiny attention span between here and zOMG so my posting rate is even lower than usual. I've also started skipping any thread in which calandale is the last poster cos almost everything he says annoys the piss out of me lately.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 09:00:10 AM »
can't imagine why...  :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 09:09:41 AM »
I've been feeling some of that posting apathy lately, too. I read the threads but reply less than I used to. Sometimes I write a complete post before deleting it and moving on to the next topic.

Gawd, I have done that dozens of times in the last month. Not sure why.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 09:14:25 AM »

and neither can i... :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 09:21:01 AM »

and neither can i... :P

don't be clever, or i'll remind you.  :P

:evillaugh:

ozymandias

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007, 09:24:48 AM »
I'm in the middle of a posting apathy time right now.  Unless something "grabs" me or my attention, I have a real hard time thinking of things to say.  Plus, I'm having a lot of things going on IRL and the stuff that occasionally pops into my head that some people like, isn't popping in at the moment.

Pea, you should do reviews of games and your interests.  I'd be happy to critique, but, except for computer card games, I wouldn't have a clue about what you were writing about.  So I'd be no help there!

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2007, 11:42:56 AM »
Me too, actually.  It seems like I have to keep up with the WP bullshit to be able to interact with the core group here, which is kind of sucky because IDGARA, really, and anyway there's nothing new or useful to be said about WP.  To make a very obvious observation (and to state a good part of why it's especially frustrating):  People seem to need to be burned by Alex personally to "get" what those of us who have experienced it already know and have been saying all along, which is frustrating on more levels than I want to bother making note of.   ::)
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

ozymandias

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2007, 01:40:53 PM »
Isn't that the way of humanity, you can tell, advise, till your blue in the face.  But, most people don't get it until they're "burned" or hurt in the process.  Since my daughter turned into a teen and a bit before that, she does the same thing.  So I continue to speak my piece and if she still does it with bad results.  I stifle, the urge to say, "I told you so" and just make sure she's ok in the end.   Now, I just let her talk her way thru the experience in as supportive manner as I can muster.  Being protective is one thing, it's a struggle for me to NOT be over protective.

The people who get burned by his royal nibs and his gestapo chief, obviously have to learn it the hard way.  And then vent it out of their system......................eventually.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 02:32:48 PM »
I've been feeling a bit of that too- since I've been away (and before when I was too busy to spend much time on here)  I feel lost sometimes- whether that's down to there being a lot of people I don't know here now or me being emo I don't know. Any other message board and I would have just stopped logging in by now, but like you this place feels like a second home so I can't tear myself away.

Maybe the demise of Lit was a shame in some way too?  His comments seemed to always get a rise up.

And I suppose the boys have gone a bit soft lately now there are a few girls around.  Maybe that's it.
who you calling soft.  i show you a high hard one.
Misunderstood.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 02:40:34 PM »
Pea, write the game reviews and I am sure most of us will give you constructive criticism.  

Yeah these forums haven't been too confrontational lately (well Richard was trying for a bit).    That makes things less interesting obviously and drama gives people a reason to post.    I am sure we all will find things in the future worth disagreeing about.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 03:10:28 PM »
I've been feeling a bit of that too- since I've been away (and before when I was too busy to spend much time on here)  I feel lost sometimes- whether that's down to there being a lot of people I don't know here now or me being emo I don't know. Any other message board and I would have just stopped logging in by now, but like you this place feels like a second home so I can't tear myself away.

Maybe the demise of Lit was a shame in some way too?  His comments seemed to always get a rise up.

And I suppose the boys have gone a bit soft lately now there are a few girls around.  Maybe that's it.
who you calling soft.  i show you a high hard one.

No, you have gone soft too....who'd have thought it?