Educational

Author Topic: Posting apathy.  (Read 3880 times)

The_P

Posting apathy.
« on: July 18, 2007, 07:35:09 AM »
Is anyone else going through this? I can't seem to get myself to be engrossed in topics like I used to, nor am I inclined to deliver any worthwhile input. My flaming techniques have suffered drastically as well.

It's a shame because this place is like a second home to me, rather than just another message board I go to.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 07:42:17 AM by Basement-dwelling Peegai »

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Posting apathy.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 07:37:36 AM »
Is anyone else going through this? I can't seem to get myself to be engrossed in topics like I used to, nor am I inclined to deliver any worthwhile input. My flaming techniques have suffered drastically as well.

It's a shame because this place is like a second home to me, rather than another message board I go to.

Everyone seems to be relatively nice to each other.

Maybe if I start talking about how scum sucking guys can be, we can start an argument?

But wouldn't you rather just huggle me? 

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 07:37:54 AM »
I've been feeling a bit of that too- since I've been away (and before when I was too busy to spend much time on here)  I feel lost sometimes- whether that's down to there being a lot of people I don't know here now or me being emo I don't know. Any other message board and I would have just stopped logging in by now, but like you this place feels like a second home so I can't tear myself away.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 07:40:32 AM »
I've been feeling a bit of that too- since I've been away (and before when I was too busy to spend much time on here)  I feel lost sometimes- whether that's down to there being a lot of people I don't know here now or me being emo I don't know. Any other message board and I would have just stopped logging in by now, but like you this place feels like a second home so I can't tear myself away.

Maybe the demise of Lit was a shame in some way too?  His comments seemed to always get a rise up.

And I suppose the boys have gone a bit soft lately now there are a few girls around.  Maybe that's it.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 07:47:39 AM »
I don't think its just the lack of drama- I think in some ways we seem to have gone back to when we first started with all the bitching about WP (which I understand serves a purpose for those newly shafted by Alex), but with out the big fights we used to have.  Maybe we respect each other too much to go picking fights now?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 07:52:54 AM by purposefulinsanity »

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 07:51:29 AM »
I don't think its just the lack of drama- I think in some ways we seem to have gone back to when we first started with all the bitching about WP (which I understand serves a purpose for those newly shafted by Alex), but with out the big fights we used to have.  Maybe we respect each other too much to go picking fits now?

Actually, the people who do piss me off, I couldn't be assed to pick a fight with to be honest.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 07:52:17 AM »
I don't think its just the lack of drama- I think in some ways we seem to have gone back to when we first started with all the bitching about WP (which I understand serves a purpose for those newly shafted by Alex), but with out the big fights we used to have.  Maybe we respect each other too much to go picking fits now?

Actually, the people who do piss me off, I couldn't be assed to pick a fight with to be honest.
Yeah there's that as well  :laugh:

The_P

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 07:55:49 AM »
Well I've been thinking of submitting review topics based on the video games I've played, but I can't be arsed to do that either. It's probably because of my lack of confidence with writing reviews.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 07:58:29 AM »
Well I've been thinking of submitting review topics based on the video games I've played, but I can't be arsed to do that either. It's probably because of my lack of confidence with writing reviews.

But you were a cheeky little bastard when I first came here, now you seem like a different person altogether.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 07:58:46 AM »

Do it anyway- no-one here is going to judge you for not writing professional standard reviews.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 07:59:15 AM »

But you were a cheeky little bastard when I first came here, now you seem like a different person altogether.

Outward appearances can be deceptive.

The_P

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 08:01:24 AM »

I'm very surprised that you have recently caught onto the notion that I do indeed wear a mask when I act like a cocky bastard online. I've admitted this here god-knows how many times.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 08:08:50 AM »

I'm very surprised that you have recently caught onto the notion that I do indeed wear a mask when I act like a cocky bastard online. I've admitted this here god-knows how many times.

Possibly, but it took me a while to realise some people changed their names regularly.  When I started here, you were Islam's Comedy Flamer....so never related any Pea references to you whatsoever - probably for at least a month or two even I never realised.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 08:20:34 AM »
i've been feeling a little like that myself, with all the WP stuff, etc.  having said which , i've also had some stonking times rampaging round the board team tagging with various people.

must... cure... I2... addiction...

:laugh:

The_P

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 08:42:09 AM »

Do it anyway- no-one here is going to judge you for not writing professional standard reviews.

I'd like to get some feedback over how my reviews are written, though.