Educational

Author Topic: Ask me anything you like... Doesnt mean i'll answer though!  (Read 25860 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Ask me anything you like... Doesnt mean i'll answer though!
« Reply #780 on: September 07, 2008, 01:07:34 PM »
good for you - hope you pass this time, hadron. 

and i hope they let you know before wednesday, in case we're all sucked towards the mini black hole in switzerland.  ;)
:laugh:
Supposedly I find out before then. Though the administration at my university is so poor I wonder if they got sucked in a few decades ago by some wonder of quantum physics...

good luck - let us know.

the jokes about the hadron collider/higgs boson wossname on "mock the week" this week were fucking hilarious!  did you see it?  if not, you can watch it on BBC iplayer - that's what i do.  :D
Will do.

Mock the Week is amazing, I did see it and I am currently Torrenting the best of DVD ;D

Did you see them do Prince Phillip a while back, or the Cameron Slams Broken Society one?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #781 on: September 07, 2008, 01:37:31 PM »
bugger - "video is no longer avaiable."  :(

but i do love that programme.  i crack up every time i watch it.  i particularly love david mitchell - he's such a pissy git.  :laugh:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #782 on: September 07, 2008, 02:02:32 PM »

but i do love that programme.  i crack up every time i watch it.  i particularly love david mitchell - he's such a pissy git.  :laugh:
Quote my post and paste the link, then it should work. Looks like someone blocked embedding. There are loads of other good clips in the related links too :D

Mitchell is brilliant, have you seen him on that "Would I lie to you" programme too with Deayton?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #783 on: September 07, 2008, 02:17:03 PM »

Quote my post and paste the link, then it should work. Looks like someone blocked embedding. There are loads of other good clips in the related links too :D

Mitchell is brilliant, have you seen him on that "Would I lie to you" programme too with Deayton?

yep.  i first copped on to him in the mitchell and webb show on R4.  now that's some fucking funny shit.  :laugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #784 on: September 07, 2008, 02:24:59 PM »
I get "This video is not available in your country." WTF
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #785 on: September 07, 2008, 03:47:18 PM »
I get "This video is not available in your country." WTF
Its probably because its on the BBC, our national network.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #786 on: September 07, 2008, 03:47:45 PM »

yep.  i first copped on to him in the mitchell and webb show on R4.  now that's some fucking funny shit.  :laugh:
*adds to Torrent list* :)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #787 on: September 07, 2008, 03:51:03 PM »

add "the now show" while you're at it.  that makes me nearly chuck up laughing - friday 18.30 (but not on at the mo - see if you can get "listen again" on R4).

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #788 on: September 09, 2008, 08:12:01 AM »

add "the now show" while you're at it.  that makes me nearly chuck up laughing - friday 18.30 (but not on at the mo - see if you can get "listen again" on R4).
Cool, I shall have a go.

I passed btw, got a 2:1 for the year overall ;D

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #789 on: September 09, 2008, 09:45:01 AM »
yay!

:congrats:

:woohoo:

well done, you!  you really pulled yourself together, and should be dead proud of yourself.  :hug:

:plus:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #790 on: September 09, 2008, 10:39:50 AM »

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #791 on: September 09, 2008, 11:17:44 AM »
Do you study the Lebesgue integral and have you got up to Godel's Incompleteness Theorem yet?
batcat

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #792 on: September 09, 2008, 12:06:16 PM »
Do you study the Lebesgue integral and have you got up to Godel's Incompleteness Theorem yet?
We have touched on the Lebesgue integral, but Godel we haven't touched. I think we do them both next year.

The thing is that I am only really doing 2/3 of a maths degree until I reach 3rd year.

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #793 on: September 09, 2008, 02:44:56 PM »
We have touched on the Lebesgue integral, but Godel we haven't touched. I think we do them both next year.

The thing is that I am only really doing 2/3 of a maths degree until I reach 3rd year.

Weir's 'Lebesgue Integration and Measure' is one of my favourite maths books. I sold my copy when i was skint.
I would recommend this course if there is one - most universities teach the Riemann Integral though ( when i studied anyway).

Godel's Incompleteness is amazing; though I found logic and set-theory quite tedious to study and there are few good books in this area ( especially in mathematical logic.)

I did these in my second year - the third year was beyond me.

batcat

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #794 on: September 09, 2008, 02:52:49 PM »

Weir's 'Lebesgue Integration and Measure' is one of my favourite maths books. I sold my copy when i was skint.
I would recommend this course if there is one - most universities teach the Riemann Integral though ( when i studied anyway).

Godel's Incompleteness is amazing; though I found logic and set-theory quite tedious to study and there are few good books in this area ( especially in mathematical logic.)

I did these in my second year - the third year was beyond me.

Yeah, we did the Riemann integral in analysis this year, albeit rather briefly. I shall add those books on my reading list, I am sure they will come in handy later years, though when they cover the stuff I doubt they will give tricky questions on it, which is a relief (and we get decent choice too!) :)