Author Topic: Ask me anything you like... Doesnt mean i'll answer though!  (Read 26098 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Ask me anything you like... Doesnt mean i'll answer though!
« Reply #315 on: July 26, 2007, 01:38:02 PM »
i have given hadron at least 30 plusses, why is he still at negative 15?

I've given him a few +'s too.

I'd suspect that he's pissed the living shit out of a lot of
people.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #316 on: July 26, 2007, 01:38:50 PM »
we will meet your demands, but only after you apologise to Lucifer.
Perhaps Lucifer should apologise too...
for reacting to your threats?
For contually pissing me off...for example, but obvioulsy I over stepped the mark too.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #317 on: July 26, 2007, 01:39:26 PM »
May I ask why my ask away thread has turned into some kind of support forum...?

We tend to go off topic quite often here.  Most people respond to posts in the threads where they find them, rather than reposting them in a different thread, except for Calandale.  There is a sex thread that discusses laundry too.

:laundry:

I've mellowed out about doing that.
It was fun for a bit, but got to be too
much effort.

And, sex and laundry are intimately related.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #318 on: July 26, 2007, 01:41:28 PM »
For contually pissing me off...for example, but obvioulsy I over stepped the mark too.
no.  she was challenging you.  afterall, you are the one who claimed to be the greaest debater in the world.

you crossed the line.
Misunderstood.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #319 on: July 26, 2007, 01:43:48 PM »
no.  she was challenging you.  afterall, you are the one who claimed to be the greaest debater in the world.

you crossed the line.
I didnt claim such a thing, i just said I was an excellent debater which is probably true.
But I do apologise for overstepping the mark, I had way too much to drink last nite.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #320 on: July 26, 2007, 01:52:58 PM »
making a mistake is fine....we all do it.  but NOT learning from your mistakes and repeating them is just plain stupid, IMHO.

i am willing to forget about it Hadron.
Misunderstood.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #321 on: July 26, 2007, 01:54:28 PM »
making a mistake is fine....we all do it.  but NOT learning from your mistakes and repeating them is just plain stupid, IMHO.

I dont intend on reissuing that threat, surprisingly.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #322 on: July 27, 2007, 08:45:31 AM »
Why would you even think about threatening someone like that when you are paranoid to the point of hiding your IP? Shouldn't criticise someone for doing what you do yourself. Gee, I learnt that when I was a kid. You badger someone with questions who doesn't like it, yet you leave the members that don't mind questions alone.
GalileoAce likes questions, ask him something.

Also, I hope in future that you don't hide your AS to those in rl. It is nothing to be ashamed of. :scratchhead:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #323 on: July 27, 2007, 08:58:31 AM »
Why would you even think about threatening someone like that when you are paranoid to the point of hiding your IP? Shouldn't criticise someone for doing what you do yourself. Gee, I learnt that when I was a kid. You badger someone with questions who doesn't like it, yet you leave the members that don't mind questions alone.
GalileoAce likes questions, ask him something.

Also, I hope in future that you don't hide your AS to those in rl. It is nothing to be ashamed of. :scratchhead:
I shall have to think of some fun questions for GA. Is there anyone else who enjoys interrogation?  ;) As for hiding my IP, its something I will have to get used to anyway soon, i dont think the IT service at my uni is going to like me going on intensity some how.
I dont hide my AS because I am ashamed (in fact I am not at all), its the fact that i get treated differently that I do so. The amount of doors that slam in my face when people realise that I am an aspie means I have little choice. Then there are the well meaning people who treat me like I have a peg leg. If I tell other people it could end up being the most wonderful excuse to achieve nothing with my life if I am not careful.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #324 on: July 27, 2007, 09:23:47 AM »
I dont hide my AS because I am ashamed (in fact I am not at all), its the fact that i get treated differently that I do so. The amount of doors that slam in my face when people realise that I am an aspie means I have little choice. Then there are the well meaning people who treat me like I have a peg leg. If I tell other people it could end up being the most wonderful excuse to achieve nothing with my life if I am not careful.
With the doors you have to be determined and believe in yourself, be determined and force the door back open. Sounds dumb that way I wrote it, heh. All of us here have been through something like you are describing. I have had someone yell at me as though I were deaf, someone else taking my arm and ask if I was alright to go home by myself and someone else not believe that I could drive. Because I said that I am autistic.

Excusing yourself to achieve nothing is limiting yourself. Telling other people need not have this effect. I believe your character is too strong to let this happen. You have already acknowledged what could happen and that is the best way to stop it happening in the first place.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #325 on: July 27, 2007, 09:29:48 AM »
With the doors you have to be determined and believe in yourself, be determined and force the door back open. Sounds dumb that way I wrote it, heh. All of us here have been through something like you are describing. I have had someone yell at me as though I were deaf, someone else taking my arm and ask if I was alright to go home by myself and someone else not believe that I could drive. Because I said that I am autistic.

Excusing yourself to achieve nothing is limiting yourself. Telling other people need not have this effect. I believe your character is too strong to let this happen. You have already acknowledged what could happen and that is the best way to stop it happening in the first place.
Forcing doors open takes time. Time in which I can be walking through the next one. When I am the one behind all the doors, then I can be more or less open. In certain cases I am open, but then its at my discretion and I have to be sure i tell individuals that wont blab about it. I can also pretend to be an NT quite well, so nothing particualy bad happens to me in most cases, and if someone becomes a problem I can deal with them after a fashion.
Ideally I would like to be very high up in the world, and i think its doable if i have discretion where I share my diagnosis. Surprisingly there are an awful lot of aspies in high places, relative to how many of us there are.

The_P

« Reply #326 on: August 01, 2007, 07:54:00 AM »
Like I said to a lot of disabled folk online: If you find the support patronising, scrap the AS label. Don't let it run your life if it bothers you that much. Can't have your cake and eat it.

Personally, I find people who hide their disabilities a bunch of cowards, like the self-proclaimed "aspie" Bill Gates.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 08:07:37 AM by Peatoise »

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #327 on: August 01, 2007, 07:56:37 AM »
Like I said to a lot of disabled folk online: If you find the support patronising, scrap the AS label. Don't let it run your life if it bothers you that much.

What I do works more or less for me. I just tell people on a need to know basis, at the end of the day i am going to get found out if i lie about it all the time to everyone. Most people dont know I am an aspie, and the ones that did (ie school teachers) knew before I did. I wouldnt have told them if it was up to me.

The_P

« Reply #328 on: August 01, 2007, 08:00:30 AM »
Like I said to a lot of disabled folk online: If you find the support patronising, scrap the AS label. Don't let it run your life if it bothers you that much.

What I do works more or less for me. I just tell people on a need to know basis, at the end of the day i am going to get found out if i lie about it all the time to everyone. Most people dont know I am an aspie, and the ones that did (ie school teachers) knew before I did. I wouldnt have told them if it was up to me.

I just find it hypocritical for you, and anyone else with the same disability, to preach aspie rights than cower in fear if it affects your career. It defeats the whole point of advocacy.

Fuck that. If people think I'm a useless fucking retard, they can kiss my tight asshole. It's alright for NTs to be fucked-up one way or another, but not us -- not us!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 08:03:14 AM by Peatoise »

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #329 on: August 01, 2007, 08:03:55 AM »
I agree with Pea on people knowing whether I have AS or not.   If they want to judge me based on that, then they can go choke on some razor blades.    Everyone has problems, if they think theirs makes them better than me then they are most likely wrong.   
:P   Internets are super serious.