Author Topic: Ask me anything you like... Doesnt mean i'll answer though!  (Read 25470 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Ask away...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 06:09:25 AM by Hadron »

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Ask me anything you like... Doesnt mean ill answer though!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 09:33:01 PM »
What are you?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 10:45:02 PM »
are you a hardon?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 10:58:03 PM »
Ill answer? Are you a sicko?  :P

What do you do for a living?

Do you live with anyone?

Are you on any other Aspie forums?

(you do not have to answer these questions by the way)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 01:36:06 AM »
When were you diagnosed?

Are you a true aspie or a borderline AS?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 03:17:28 AM »
What are you?
No idea, when ive figured it out I will get back to you.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 03:19:26 AM »
are you a hardon?
What do you mean by that?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 03:21:25 AM »
Ill answer? Are you a sicko?  :P

What do you do for a living?

Do you live with anyone?

Are you on any other Aspie forums?

(you do not have to answer these questions by the way)
No to the sicko one.
At the minute I live with my family until I head off to uni
Nope, not on any other aspie forums, this is my only one so far!

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 03:23:46 AM »
When were you diagnosed?

Are you a true aspie or a borderline AS?
I think i was first diagnosed before I went to school.
As for the borderline aspie thing, how can you be borderline? I thought being an aspie is a different way of thinking.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 03:50:31 AM »
Borderline AS just means you don't quite meet the criteria but you are diagnosed with it anyway or you don't always have the symptoms. They come and go. That is me. There is a term for it. "Shadow aspie" I call it "border aspie."  My mother says I slip on and off the criteria. I don;t see how that is possible. I'm going to have to ask her if I had a cognitive delay or not and if I was slow in self help skills and see what she says. if I have the guts to ask her. She gets quite defensive when I ask her about my childhood. She tells me "Move on" "Get over it" "If you think i didn't do a good job raising you, too fucking bad, I did my best,"  etc. She acts like I accuse her of bad parenting or she didn't try hard enough.

Borderline AS is just between NT and AS. Borderline AS/NT. I think I am that.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 03:56:15 AM »
Borderline AS just means you don't quite meet the criteria but you are diagnosed with it anyway or you don't always have the symptoms. They come and go. That is me. There is a term for it. "Shadow aspie" I call it "border aspie."  My mother says I slip on and off the criteria. I don;t see how that is possible. I'm going to have to ask her if I had a cognitive delay or not and if I was slow in self help skills and see what she says. if I have the guts to ask her. She gets quite defensive when I ask her about my childhood. She tells me "Move on" "Get over it" "If you think i didn't do a good job raising you, too fucking bad, I did my best,"  etc. She acts like I accuse her of bad parenting or she didn't try hard enough.

Borderline AS is just between NT and AS. Borderline AS/NT. I think I am that.
So lets get this striaght, depending on what side of the bed you get out of, you have a different persona, personality and way of thinking? Why dont you go and see a psychologist without letting your mum know and find out either way?

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2007, 10:47:26 AM »
I am thinking about doing that but I am also afraid I might not be on the spectrum at all and I am just crazy. It took me a few years for me to accept the "I had AS" but if I found out I wasn't anywhere on the spectrum, it be hard for me to accept the fact I don't have it. I know the possibility I might not be on it and maybe I am an NT with lot of the traits. Plus I don't know my whole childhood and everything I did. I only know some things from what I have been told. Heck I didn't even know my food had to be served to me in a certain way and it had to be in a certain spot on the plate and served to me in a certain order or I'd refuse to eat and I had to take a certain step in every room until I read that in my medical records from 1987. I also read I was very good with puzzles and my interest with music and the ritual behaviors I had and I also read my play skills were below the age level. Does hearing loss cause all that behavior? The food thing and taking certain steps in every room sounded OCD to me.

I don't know if my thinking patterns change but I do know when I am not stressed out and depending on my mood, I can do abstract thinking. My mother also said I don’t have AS when things are going my way and things are going the way I’m expecting it.
When I’m with family and they decide to do something, I put on the “Don’t care” thing meaning I don’t care what they do because at least it gets me out of the house or out of our condo or campground, depending where we’re at.

But I have been told from other members if I were an NT, I would have gotten over my behavior a long time ago.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 11:08:14 AM »
I am thinking about doing that but I am also afraid I might not be on the spectrum at all and I am just crazy. It took me a few years for me to accept the "I had AS" but if I found out I wasn't anywhere on the spectrum, it be hard for me to accept the fact I don't have it. I know the possibility I might not be on it and maybe I am an NT with lot of the traits. Plus I don't know my whole childhood and everything I did. I only know some things from what I have been told. Heck I didn't even know my food had to be served to me in a certain way and it had to be in a certain spot on the plate and served to me in a certain order or I'd refuse to eat and I had to take a certain step in every room until I read that in my medical records from 1987. I also read I was very good with puzzles and my interest with music and the ritual behaviors I had and I also read my play skills were below the age level. Does hearing loss cause all that behavior? The food thing and taking certain steps in every room sounded OCD to me.

I don't know if my thinking patterns change but I do know when I am not stressed out and depending on my mood, I can do abstract thinking. My mother also said I don’t have AS when things are going my way and things are going the way I’m expecting it.
When I’m with family and they decide to do something, I put on the “Don’t care” thing meaning I don’t care what they do because at least it gets me out of the house or out of our condo or campground, depending where we’re at.

But I have been told from other members if I were an NT, I would have gotten over my behavior a long time ago.

Well at the end of the day you have got to make your mind up one way. If what you have descibed is vaguely true then you are probably an Aspie, unless their is some vague psychological condition I dont know about. Which do you actually think you are generally?

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 11:11:34 AM »
PDD-NOS. I do want to see a psychologist because of my confusion. I try not to talk too much about this though because I know I can do something about it. Go see someone is what.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2007, 11:21:24 AM »
PDD-NOS. I do want to see a psychologist because of my confusion. I try not to talk too much about this though because I know I can do something about it. Go see someone is what.
Well go and see someone about it then! You are choosing not to do something about it?