Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 158659 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #4005 on: December 18, 2011, 05:01:20 PM »
I think she will be fine trampolining on a snowy trampoline since she usually wears ski pants when it snows and plays in the snow anyway.

It's a 12 foot diameter trampoline with an enclosure, which looks like this one:

I now have this vision of snow flying as she jumps on it.  I know she'll have fun once Mom and Dad get out of it.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4006 on: December 18, 2011, 06:00:45 PM »
I can't say what I've bought lately, Christmas is coming...   :orly:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4007 on: December 18, 2011, 08:11:46 PM »
A hair cut from a stylist who knows what a pixie cut is.  She's been cutting hair for 30 years.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4008 on: December 18, 2011, 08:34:49 PM »
My husband and I bought a trampoline for our daughter for Christmas.  We plan to leave it in the box and put it together on Christmas morning.

Did you get spring tool with it? Doesn't look like much, but those springs can be a real bitch to stretch and it does help some.

Hope she has fun on it, I loved ours...I think the neighbor loved watching me jump on it all the time too. :LOL:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4009 on: December 18, 2011, 08:37:24 PM »
I think she will be fine trampolining on a snowy trampoline since she usually wears ski pants when it snows and plays in the snow anyway.

It's a 12 foot diameter trampoline with an enclosure, which looks like this one:

Would like.  :puppy:

But weebles don't have legs to push off with.  How would you jump?

Scrapheap

« Reply #4010 on: December 18, 2011, 09:53:38 PM »
30.5 gallons of gasoline @ $3.389 a gallon :o

OUCH.  Ours is running between $2.90 and $2.95.

$3.389 is the cheapest gas around here and you have to pay cash most stations are at least 10 cents more.  In Ct we have the fourth highest gas tax in the US :thumbdn:

We're paying $3.65 and that's cheap these days. It's been around $4.00 for several months

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4011 on: December 18, 2011, 10:14:41 PM »
My husband and I bought a trampoline for our daughter for Christmas.  We plan to leave it in the box and put it together on Christmas morning.

Did you get spring tool with it? Doesn't look like much, but those springs can be a real bitch to stretch and it does help some.

Hope she has fun on it, I loved ours...I think the neighbor loved watching me jump on it all the time too. :LOL:

I'm not sure since it's still in the box which I wrapped up in our picnic tablecloth in the back of my husband's SUV so she won't see it.  I didn't see anything about it on the outside of the box, though.  Maybe I should see if I can get one separately before Christmas just to be safe.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4012 on: December 18, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »
Are kids getting soft? There never used to be those enclosures on trampolines when I was a kid. If you fell off, you fell off.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4013 on: December 18, 2011, 10:49:47 PM »
Are kids getting soft? There never used to be those enclosures on trampolines when I was a kid. If you fell off, you fell off.

We didn't wear bicycle helmets in my day either, and if you wrecked, you just tried not to hit your head on the pavement so you didn't damage your brain.  However, the place that I have in the backyard to put the trampoline is on a concrete pad, so if she fell off, she could really hurt herself.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #4014 on: December 18, 2011, 10:50:02 PM »
Brought those Futurama dvds as I managed to find the first half of Season 6 in a separate box set. I had to bite the bullet on that one. Still... Yay, more Futurama to watch at my own leisure. :green:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4015 on: December 18, 2011, 10:57:15 PM »
We didn't wear bicycle helmets in my day either, and if you wrecked, you just tried not to hit your head on the pavement so you didn't damage your brain.  However, the place that I have in the backyard to put the trampoline is on a concrete pad, so if she fell off, she could really hurt herself.
I remember our trampoline was on sand/grass and I did fall off it a couple of times. I am glad your trampoline will have the enclosure then, being surrounded by concrete. Bike helmets became compulsory here when I was in high school. Ironically, my helmet saved my head a couple of times when other kids threw rocks at me.

Futurama. :thumbup:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4016 on: December 18, 2011, 11:01:01 PM »

For a second, I thought you and your daughter were in that picture. :cbc:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #4017 on: December 19, 2011, 04:16:44 AM »
That is a great present.  I got one very similar for the Urchin a while ago.  We use it all year round (yes i use it too it is great when you are cross about something >:D)   The girl next door takes hers down during winter but i leave ours up and this is it's second winter now and it is fine so am sure yours will be too.   It took me half the day to erect, but i was on my own so it will be a doddle for you with your hubby there.  I hope she has lots of fun on it! (and you too)
blah blah blah

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4018 on: December 19, 2011, 05:21:15 AM »
A hair cut from a stylist who knows what a pixie cut is.  She's been cutting hair for 30 years.

I remember a stylist wanting to give me one when I was in grade school, it is a classic!  :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4019 on: December 19, 2011, 05:26:43 AM »

Would like.  :puppy:

But weebles don't have legs to push off with.  How would you jump?

I would just have to roll onto it, or maybe some kind person would place me on it.
 Then my weight would sink the trampoline to the ground and hopefully I would bounce.
 I'd hate to think I'd be stuck there all day unable to move.  I'd have to keep my phone
 handy in case I needed to make a 911 call, which could be kind of embarrassing.

:cbc:"Yes, just please come over and roll me out, thank you!"
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"