Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 155903 times)

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #3630 on: September 17, 2011, 12:12:44 PM »
perhaps I should let them know that you read members PM`s

just like EZ was removed for abuse, it can happen to you also

Ok, here's what I want you to do;

I WANT you to report me to Gareth for doing that. Go right ahead, see precisely how many fucks I give; I want you to give him a list of whom, and when, so he can look in the moderation logs for it. Then, when it's been proved you're a liar and a shit stirrer, I want an apology.

Like I said leave your abusive moderator style at the door. it means nothing here.

I dont have to do anymore to you than what has been done.

hell you pawned yourself when you answered my thread, too bad you didnt read the thing and see the name I bolded. That was an unexpected reply. and even though I derailed the purpose of my own thread by answering you . that was too much to resist

even if I withdrew my complaint......they are still aware of your actions.

And as I said; I couldn't give two fucks if you withdrew your complaint; Gareth already dismissed it.

As for "pwning" myself in your thread; Nope. I responded to what the thread was nominally about. If you are, in fact, saying that the premise of that entire thread was to attack TamMan, well now, that changes things.

"They"? Oh right, you've not been paying attention; Amy doesn't get involved in the running of AFF, she looks after the IRC, and for a good reason; She doesn't spend enough time on the forum, so she has no context for a lot of things.
What you attempted last night was some seriously manipulative bullshit; Going over my head, going over Gareth's head and straight to Amy in an attempt to get your own way and to have me removed, like a spoilt child.

"Abusive" moderator style? Awww, is ickle babby upset that I removed their thinly disguised callout thread...? qq some moar.
It wasnt an attack on TamMan at all or you, that wasnt the purpose of the thread. The purpose was to give background on the doctor., and her association with AutSpks.

As for your looking at folks PM`s......I dont know whether or not your logs go back a year. If I have the time and or desire, I may look for the time period, that I am speaking. I am not familiar with looking things up on this forum. I am sure if you think hard enough you will remember when it occured. Lying, I dont think so.

Gareth must be telling you things differently, than he is telling me.

I spoke with both of them, Amy was the one who responded, because Gareth was doing medical tests.

I am following Gareths instructions to leave it be.

Other than dealing with you to have some kind of resolution to our dissagreement, I consider the matter over

That of course would be the adult thing to  do.

I believe there was discussion here not long ago, about how you wouldnt allow abusive behavior from mods on the staff. strangely enough, you are doing the same behavior, that you said you would never condone.

Must be one of those do as I say do, not as I do.

I offered truce, Acquiesced to your demands for a change in my behavior. Pledged to not bother your buddy. How apologetic do I need be?

As for going over your head, I had no choice.

Win something? How?  I recieved embarrassment and humiliation. Not enough for you though. Instead you wish to do the same to me here.  Well, alright, you have done that. Kudos to you.

I might suggest that you grow up, yourself,  not that you would take that suggestion to heart.

I will chalk it up to different nationalities and customs. Nothing to be done about that.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #3631 on: September 17, 2011, 02:31:19 PM »
Bought a lens hood for my daughter's SLR.

:zombiefuck:

when you say SLR,  do you mean the same kind of
SLR i had to constantly clean when i was in the army?

:viking: :viking:  cool Dad
blah blah blah

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3632 on: September 17, 2011, 03:25:30 PM »
Bought a lens hood for my daughter's SLR.

:zombiefuck:

when you say SLR,  do you mean the same kind of
SLR i had to constantly clean when i was in the army?

:viking: :viking:  cool Dad

SLR
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3633 on: September 17, 2011, 07:57:49 PM »
That commander, or whatever he is, has a very sour puss.
Oh yes, he was very much like that in the show.

Cool buy, PikaJedi. :)

It was very difficult to find; I'm still after a Psi Corp one.
That would be very cool indeed if you got one of those. Please post a picture if you do! :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Osensitive1

« Reply #3634 on: September 17, 2011, 08:10:06 PM »
Do moderator logs have the ability to show if moderators are reading members pms? Why do moderators have access to members pms?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3635 on: September 17, 2011, 08:33:38 PM »
Some nice bargains. 
Bacon $3 store coupon off
Breakfast link sausage, $1 store coupon off
Seafood salad, $1 store coupon off
6 dented cans of Campbells healthy soup, 75 cents each

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3636 on: September 17, 2011, 10:46:16 PM »
Do moderator logs have the ability to show if moderators are reading members pms? Why do moderators have access to members pms?
Don't know if you mean moderators or admins. But I just tried looking at someone's PMs just to see if I could and I can't. There is no access to that as far as I know.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Osensitive1

« Reply #3637 on: September 17, 2011, 10:54:32 PM »
Moderator/admin either/or. Good to know that's not allowed here. Thanks.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3638 on: September 18, 2011, 01:57:43 AM »
Don't know if you mean moderators or admins. But I just tried looking at someone's PMs just to see if I could and I can't. There is no access to that as far as I know.

No, it's not possible. SMF does not have any kind of settings or permissions for anyone to read other people's PMs.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3639 on: September 18, 2011, 04:10:39 AM »
Baby wipes
Portable high chair
Candy

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3640 on: September 18, 2011, 04:36:05 PM »
A genuine Australian eucalyptus didgeridoo by Narabullgun for $2 at the flea market :2thumbsup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3641 on: September 18, 2011, 07:36:19 PM »

No, it's not possible. SMF does not have any kind of settings or permissions for anyone to read other people's PMs.

It's only possible by changing a users password (which shows up) or by doing a database lookup on the backend (which requires access above what I have at AFF and is most definitely logged).

In other words; Yes, its happened, and yes, I got full permission from Gareth first - in fact, I had to get Gareth to dump the PMs for me. It's only done when we're 99.99% sure somebody is ban evading, based on language, timezone, IP and sometimes email; Most of the time, we catch them by just looking at Who's Online, watching for newbies sending PMs and then seeing who the next person to view PMs is; Generally it's obvious, we ban the evader, then we get a dump of PM titles and who they sent it to just for confirmation; Usually, they'll message the same few people again and again. If it doesn't match up, and we have nothing else to go by, we'll unban them and continue on our merry way.

I'll repeat; It's only done when I have permission from Gareth, it's logged in the backend, and I write up an explanation and stick it in the Moderator section.

The logs go back all the way to the adding of the first forum subsection, and only Gareth is able to remove entries.

If you have database access, though, you can literally get a dump of every PM ever sent in plaintext.
It's part of what I do every few months to clean up spam; Get Gareth to give me a list of every account where posts are equal or less than 5, that has a signature.
I'll then go through it by hand and do a huge, mass banning. Haven't had to do it since we banned India, Pakistan, The Phillipines et al.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3642 on: September 18, 2011, 08:12:40 PM »
Hey, Pikajedi, if a bunch of people from the US and UK spammed your forums, would you (or Gareth) ban those countries as well? :orly:

P7PSP

« Reply #3643 on: September 18, 2011, 08:14:42 PM »
A genuine Australian eucalyptus didgeridoo by Narabullgun for $2 at the flea market :2thumbsup:
:needpics:

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3644 on: September 18, 2011, 08:15:15 PM »
Hey, Pikajedi, if a bunch of people from the US and UK spammed your forums, would you (or Gareth) ban those countries as well? :orly:

No, we start contacting ISPs.

So far it's mostly US spam that's the problem, but when we complain it's usually dealt with within a few hours - sometimes have to provide server logs, but some ISPs know us now and just get on with it.

If they don't comply and deal with, then all it takes is an email stating that unless you see some action you'll be reporting them to various spammer databases and, as if by magic....

Some US ISPs are fucking painful to try and contact though; Generally the little ones are alright. I actually prefer dealing with the smaller ISPs, because you tend to get the same people replying to you, so they have context and continuity, and everything just goes smoother.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:19:34 PM by Pikajedi3 »