Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 155902 times)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #3225 on: March 28, 2011, 07:34:28 PM »

Got my juicer today:

Binty

« Reply #3226 on: March 28, 2011, 07:41:39 PM »
I really want a decent blender.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3227 on: March 28, 2011, 08:56:34 PM »
Hmm, i think DD got it really cheap and MLA got burned ;P

I pay 25$ for internet and 30$ for digital cable, and i think it's a cheap as it gets

they keep wanting me to add a landline.

wtf. who needs a landline.

It included basic cable, digital cable, the HD package, Showtime, HBO, rental on two DVR boxes, VOIP and internet at 5mb/sec.  It totaled $204 a month and I was absolutely getting burned :flamer: :flame:

Honestly, I could never use that much television programming.

I didn't use hardly any of it - that's partly why it was such a colossal waste of money.  I am really happy with my $16 replacement package :)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3228 on: March 28, 2011, 09:01:33 PM »

I've got Netflix now, best $8.00 a month I spend. As soon as they release Hulu for the Xbox 360, I'll have that as well.

DukeNukem

« Reply #3229 on: March 28, 2011, 10:27:00 PM »

I've got Netflix now, best $8.00 a month I spend. As soon as they release Hulu for the Xbox 360, I'll have that as well.

Just hook your computer up to your TV. Problem solved.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3230 on: March 28, 2011, 10:53:34 PM »

For $69 bucks for the Roku you have a wireless internet device you can move to different rooms in your house, with an HDMI out, and no need to maintain your Gold package.

I would never get rid of my gold package and actually prefer the Netflix player on the Xbox - but just sayin :)

DukeNukem

« Reply #3231 on: March 28, 2011, 10:57:20 PM »

For $69 bucks for the Roku you have a wireless internet device you can move to different rooms in your house, with an HDMI out, and no need to maintain your Gold package.

I would never get rid of my gold package and actually prefer the Netflix player on the Xbox - but just sayin :)

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of an adapter or two and maybe some cables that wouldn't exceed 10 dollars unless you're talking about HDMI cables.

Which seem to be extremely expensive for some retarded reason... :wanker:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3232 on: March 29, 2011, 01:09:20 AM »
What? You'd rather be Bodi's dog than Parts' dog?

My dogs are very well looked after.  they eat tripe and not donuts not because i am not loving them, it is because tripe is good for them.  i also don't want fat dogs.  so no they never get donuts but they get treats.  they eat raw chicken wings, or i get a big marrowbone off the butcher.   If a wild dog were to hunt and kill the very first thing it would do is open up and eat the contents of the animals stomach.  It would do this before ripping the meat off.  Dogs are not total carnivore's like cats.  so they like that area first as it is likely to contain 'greens'  as in grass.
also my dogs go out too,  i work them, we go to a schutzund club.  in fact my brother was the first person in the uk to get a schutzund title on an american bulldog.  shutzhund is a little like police dog training.  i got one here who is excellent at tracking.  here is a link to our kennel's website,  www.bluebloodsamericanbulldogs.com ,  the site is one we built ourselves, although i have to say my brother does most of the work since the urchin came along.  our dogs do not have a bad life at all.

Oh, I know you are good for your dogs Bodi. This wasn't aimed at you. I was just imagining me to be a dog. And I'd prefer the donut and the ride towards the place with feral cats around dusk.  :laugh:

And I know dogs are not total carnivores. Some breeds have been bred away from the wolf stage that much that they even do better on a diet without meat.

Great site btw. Love the way you take care of getting good owners for puppies. I am shocked sometimes with how some people have no idea how to treat their dog. As a postie I do meet lots of dogs. They tell an awful lot about their owner in their behaviour. Most of the dogs I see are happy beings, with their own character. Some are fucked up though. And the source of the fucked-up-ness almost always is to be found in the owner.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 01:22:41 AM by hykeaswell »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3233 on: March 29, 2011, 01:15:09 AM »
Some delicious food for dinner - a Greek Orzo salad and Chicken sausages with spinach and Asiago cheese.  3 pairs of winter pants, 3 fall/winter tops and a shower curtain rod.

The dinner sounds delicious!   *waits on your front porch, empty plate in hand*   :drool:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #3234 on: March 29, 2011, 02:36:59 AM »

My dogs are very well looked after.  they eat tripe and not donuts not because i am not loving them, it is because tripe is good for them.  i also don't want fat dogs.  so no they never get donuts but they get treats.  they eat raw chicken wings, or i get a big marrowbone off the butcher.   If a wild dog were to hunt and kill the very first thing it would do is open up and eat the contents of the animals stomach.  It would do this before ripping the meat off.  Dogs are not total carnivore's like cats.  so they like that area first as it is likely to contain 'greens'  as in grass.
also my dogs go out too,  i work them, we go to a schutzund club.  in fact my brother was the first person in the uk to get a schutzund title on an american bulldog.  shutzhund is a little like police dog training.  i got one here who is excellent at tracking.  here is a link to our kennel's website,  www.bluebloodsamericanbulldogs.com ,  the site is one we built ourselves, although i have to say my brother does most of the work since the urchin came along.  our dogs do not have a bad life at all.

Oh, I know you are good for your dogs Bodi. This wasn't aimed at you. I was just imagining me to be a dog. And I'd prefer the donut and the ride towards the place with feral cats around dusk.  :laugh:

And I know dogs are not total carnivores. Some breeds have been bred away from the wolf stage that much that they even do better on a diet without meat.

Great site btw. Love the way you take care of getting good owners for puppies. I am shocked sometimes with how some people have no idea how to treat their dog. As a postie I do meet lots of dogs. They tell an awful lot about their owner in their behaviour. Most of the dogs I see are happy beings, with their own character. Some are fucked up though. And the source of the fucked-up-ness almost always is to be found in the owner.
:agreed:    are you a postie then?? i bet that is hard work hyke!!
blah blah blah

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3235 on: March 29, 2011, 03:12:44 AM »

:agreed:    are you a postie then?? i bet that is hard work hyke!!

The work itself is OK. Plenty of walking, enough cycling. It's the stuff around it, getting my mail in time and getting the mail right and such that can make it a crime.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #3236 on: March 29, 2011, 09:04:23 AM »

Got my juicer today:

Please post a review

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3237 on: March 29, 2011, 11:46:42 AM »

Got my juicer today:

Please post a review

It looks like it should come with a bottle of Astroglide. 

Very high tech :)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3238 on: March 29, 2011, 11:48:54 AM »
Some delicious food for dinner - a Greek Orzo salad and Chicken sausages with spinach and Asiago cheese.  3 pairs of winter pants, 3 fall/winter tops and a shower curtain rod.

The dinner sounds delicious!   *waits on your front porch, empty plate in hand*   :drool:

It was good.  I've tried several pre-cooked things at Sam's (meatloaf, sundried turkey roll-ups, chciken encihladas, lasagna) and they were surprisingly good.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #3239 on: March 29, 2011, 03:49:35 PM »
Had to buy a new mobile today

as the urchin decided to bite it while it was round my neck

he bit the screen and it cracked, and you can't see the screen.

went to argos and got a new one - put my sim into it, expecting all my

contacts to pop up  -  nothing..ALL MY CONTACTS GONE :bigcry:

they had all been saved in the broken phone and not the sim :screwy:
blah blah blah