Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 156977 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #3210 on: March 28, 2011, 04:39:17 PM »
Roku XD

Finally ditched the cable and loving it  :asthing:

will not your roku stream cable content?

... or do you enjoy streaming content from another connected source?

I am just using HuluPlus, Netflix and a couple of smaller channels like NewsCaster and YouTube and another cool one that has everything from the public domain.  Cable was hitting me up for almost $200 a month and I am really quite happy with this arrangement for less than $16.

That seems extremely expensive.

I am paying thirty nine buck ($US) for twenty Mb/sec internet and seventy seven channels of "basic television"  service, including local broadcasts for news and weather.

I would assume that two hundred dollars includes every premium channel known to mankind and some private content as well?

I mean, FUCK IN A GOD DAMN BUCKET!!! Two hundred BUCKS!!!  No fucking way!!

Hmm, i think DD got it really cheap and MLA got burned ;P

I pay 25$ for internet and 30$ for digital cable, and i think it's a cheap as it gets

they keep wanting me to add a landline.

wtf. who needs a landline.

When I had a liandline, I was paying forty two dollars per month for dodgy, dial-up internet, then I went to all cell, paying around one hundred for three lines and damn near, instant internet, air service. I still had to have cable and I paid another twenty one dollars for "basic."

I still pay for the three cell lines, but I no longer use the expensive data service (internet). I have found that three lines upon the portable cell network costs me just a bit more than one land line did before and cable television and cable internet is just a bit more.

Generally, I am paying about fifteen or twenty bucks more per month than when I had a land line and five Kb/second dial up internet service with basic cable, but now I have three cells, hot cable internet, and the same basic television service - only about twenty bucks more per month.  Ditching the land line and going three lines, mobile,  was the best decision I could have made.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3211 on: March 28, 2011, 04:45:16 PM »
Hmm, i think DD got it really cheap and MLA got burned ;P

I pay 25$ for internet and 30$ for digital cable, and i think it's a cheap as it gets

they keep wanting me to add a landline.

wtf. who needs a landline.

It included basic cable, digital cable, the HD package, Showtime, HBO, rental on two DVR boxes, VOIP and internet at 5mb/sec.  It totaled $204 a month and I was absolutely getting burned :flamer: :flame:

Honestly, I could never use that much television programming.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #3212 on: March 28, 2011, 06:03:43 PM »
What? You'd rather be Bodi's dog than Parts' dog?

My dogs are very well looked after.  they eat tripe and not donuts not because i am not loving them, it is because tripe is good for them.  i also don't want fat dogs.  so no they never get donuts but they get treats.  they eat raw chicken wings, or i get a big marrowbone off the butcher.   If a wild dog were to hunt and kill the very first thing it would do is open up and eat the contents of the animals stomach.  It would do this before ripping the meat off.  Dogs are not total carnivore's like cats.  so they like that area first as it is likely to contain 'greens'  as in grass.
also my dogs go out too,  i work them, we go to a schutzund club.  in fact my brother was the first person in the uk to get a schutzund title on an american bulldog.  shutzhund is a little like police dog training.  i got one here who is excellent at tracking.  here is a link to our kennel's website,  www.bluebloodsamericanbulldogs.com ,  the site is one we built ourselves, although i have to say my brother does most of the work since the urchin came along.  our dogs do not have a bad life at all.
blah blah blah

Celticgoddess

« Reply #3213 on: March 28, 2011, 06:31:51 PM »
Lol. Well I wouldn't mind her petting me, but i'm pretty aloof which is rare in dogs.

Holy shit Rage. Your avatar is creeping me out  :zombiefuck:

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3214 on: March 28, 2011, 06:35:51 PM »

If a wild dog were to hunt and kill the very first thing it would do is open up and eat the contents of the animals stomach.  It would do this before ripping the meat off.  Dogs are not total carnivore's like cats.  so they like that area first as it is likely to contain 'greens'  as in grass.

This I did not know. I thought they were pure carnivores.

DukeNukem

« Reply #3215 on: March 28, 2011, 06:52:41 PM »
I pay over 40 dollars a month for my AT&T DSL Internet connection which is 3 megabits per second. My service is quite reliable, but I do feel like I am paying too much for Internet without anything else. I mean, sure, the 2Wire modem/router/wireless all-in-one thingey they give you is neat and all, but if my utilities weren't part of my rent (and therefore, in the landloard's name), then I'd have more and better choices in the matter.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3216 on: March 28, 2011, 06:56:37 PM »
Tripe
whiffy :sick:

Was it spoiled? Can you return it to the store?   :orly:

i'd say  - it was for the dogs

i would never ever ever eat it :2thumbsup:

I love tripe the way my Mom used to fix it, in a brownish tomato sauce.  I remember once she brought some over.  The Princess Royal (age 2 or 3) liked it also.  So I spooned out my part and her serving.  She took a long look at the two bowls and switched them.  She at all of her new portion.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Osensitive1

« Reply #3217 on: March 28, 2011, 06:57:39 PM »
Holy shit Rage. Your avatar is creeping me out  :zombiefuck:
I know, right? :laugh:

Celticgoddess

« Reply #3218 on: March 28, 2011, 06:59:50 PM »
Holy shit Rage. Your avatar is creeping me out  :zombiefuck:
I know, right? :laugh:

Blech. I keep scrolling past his posts really fast so I don't have to see it. But it's like a train wreck. You can't help but look. *shudder* :laugh:

Osensitive1

« Reply #3219 on: March 28, 2011, 07:01:12 PM »
It does have that certain 'I don't know what'. :laugh:

DukeNukem

« Reply #3220 on: March 28, 2011, 07:02:14 PM »
Who wouldn't be creeped out by an infant's face superimposed onto a face of a cat? :orly:

Celticgoddess

« Reply #3221 on: March 28, 2011, 07:02:41 PM »
I think what you meant to say is that it has that certain "what the fuckness" to it

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3222 on: March 28, 2011, 07:03:14 PM »
Some delicious food for dinner - a Greek Orzo salad and Chicken sausages with spinach and Asiago cheese.  3 pairs of winter pants, 3 fall/winter tops and a shower curtain rod.

DukeNukem

« Reply #3223 on: March 28, 2011, 07:04:46 PM »
Some delicious food for dinner - a Greek Orzo salad and Chicken sausages with spinach and Asiago cheese.  3 pairs of winter pants, 3 fall/winter tops and a shower curtain rod.

Why are you buying winter clothes when spring is almost here or is already here? :P

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3224 on: March 28, 2011, 07:06:58 PM »

Why are you buying winter clothes when spring is almost here or is already here? :P

KMart was doing the second to last markdown on winter clothes.  The items were $2.99 as opposed to a usual price of $3.50 and over at Goodwill.  I usually don't wait until the $1.99 price because the pickings are too slim.