Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 155813 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #3135 on: March 24, 2011, 07:37:51 PM »
a nice cold coke! and... my new macbook. *Waits for the bitching and insults to start flying*

and a new xbox controller.

Is a macbook better than mac and cheese?

i dont see movie special effects techs making there sceens with dry noodles and glue if thats what you meen

See my post in last word thread about innocence (that extends to technological virginity (well almost a virgin)).  Do you mean that Macintosh computers are used for CGI in movies?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #3136 on: March 24, 2011, 07:41:07 PM »
a nice cold coke! and... my new macbook. *Waits for the bitching and insults to start flying*

i dont see movie special effects techs making there sceens with dry noodles and glue if thats what you meen

See my post in last word thread about innocence (that extends to technological virginity (well almost a virgin)).  Do you mean that Macintosh computers are used for CGI in movies?
thats one of there strong points yes, as well as just editing the movies in general... i just use them because i prefer them over windows and they give me status as one of the cool kids  :autism:

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3137 on: March 24, 2011, 07:43:02 PM »
That's one nice thing about being a Queen.  I don't have to be cool, just frugal.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #3138 on: March 24, 2011, 07:47:02 PM »
That's one nice thing about being a Queen.  I don't have to be cool, just frugal.

DAMN! i wanna be a queen!.... wait... SHIT! >.<

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3139 on: March 24, 2011, 07:47:12 PM »

thats one of there strong points yes, as well as just editing the movies in general... i just use them because i prefer them over windows and they give me status as one of the cool kids  :autism:

thisiswhattechlogicalretardsactuallybelieve.jpg

Speaking of technological derpitude - an SSD, reluctantly, to replace my failed system drive.

Yes, I fucking mad.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3140 on: March 24, 2011, 08:13:37 PM »
Roku XD

Finally ditched the cable and loving it  :asthing:

will not your roku stream cable content?

... or do you enjoy streaming content from another connected source?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3141 on: March 24, 2011, 08:25:02 PM »
Roku XD

Finally ditched the cable and loving it  :asthing:

will not your roku stream cable content?

... or do you enjoy streaming content from another connected source?

I am just using HuluPlus, Netflix and a couple of smaller channels like NewsCaster and YouTube and another cool one that has everything from the public domain.  Cable was hitting me up for almost $200 a month and I am really quite happy with this arrangement for less than $16.

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #3142 on: March 24, 2011, 08:48:55 PM »

Speaking of technological derpitude - an SSD, reluctantly, to replace my failed system drive.

Yes, I fucking mad.

yes you are fucking mad, and you should be loving EVERY MINUTE OF IT!... i would be fucking mad to if i had the money to cover it after all.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3143 on: March 24, 2011, 08:50:11 PM »

Yes, I fucking mad.

yes you are fucking mad, and you should be loving EVERY MINUTE OF IT!... i would be fucking mad to if i had the money to cover it after all.

I didn't have the money to cover the repair. I've had to borrow some from my mum in order to get the parts I needed.

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #3144 on: March 24, 2011, 08:55:44 PM »

Yes, I fucking mad.

I didn't have the money to cover the repair. I've had to borrow some from my mum in order to get the parts I needed.

well SSD still makes you one of the cool kids... your welcome to the club *hands cool kid glasses* you may not have a mac... but well.. we can work up to that one *hehehe*

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3145 on: March 24, 2011, 09:01:09 PM »

See my post in last word thread about innocence (that extends to technological virginity (well almost a virgin)).  Do you mean that Macintosh computers are used for CGI in movies?
thats one of there strong points yes, as well as just editing the movies in general... i just use them because i prefer them over windows and they give me status as one of the cool kids  :autism:

Yes, I fucking mad.

well SSD still makes you one of the cool kids... your welcome to the club *hands cool kid glasses* you may not have a mac... but well.. we can work up to that one *hehehe*

Actually, I do have a Macintosh. It's a PPC OS9 box, which means it's not just an overpriced x86 computer with a fancy case, it's actually got a good reason to be extra-expensive.

Also thinking of hackintoshing this machine again when the SSD arrives, simply so next time my sisterr MacBook breaks AGAIN I know how to fix the bastard fucking piece of shit.

I may not have a Mac for my primary box, but I dread to think how much my system would have cost if I'd been derpy enough to buy a system like this from Apple - 4.5TB of storage with the Apple tax? Fuck no.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:03:28 PM by Pikajedi3 »

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #3146 on: March 24, 2011, 09:11:31 PM »

See my post in last word thread about innocence (that extends to technological virginity (well almost a virgin)).  Do you mean that Macintosh computers are used for CGI in movies?
thats one of there strong points yes, as well as just editing the movies in general... i just use them because i prefer them over windows and they give me status as one of the cool kids  :autism:

Yes, I fucking mad.

Actually, I do have a Macintosh. It's a PPC OS9 box, which means it's not just an overpriced x86 computer with a fancy case, it's actually got a good reason to be extra-expensive.

Also thinking of hackintoshing this machine again when the SSD arrives, simply so next time my sisterr MacBook breaks AGAIN I know how to fix the bastard fucking piece of shit.

I may not have a Mac for my primary box, but I dread to think how much my system would have cost if I'd been derpy enough to buy a system like this from Apple - 4.5TB of storage with the Apple tax? Fuck no.

your system is out of date and not cool enough, steve jobs demands you to upgrade your system to the most expensive mac around as punishment for slandering the cool kids with your windows-hackintosh you wont let us control you in a fixed food chain drivle... now give steve jobs the 32 grand before he sicks his tight ass pants on you... they have a mind of there own! XD

i agree with you windows is for the most part better, after my new mac i will probably just build a hackintosh machine because i am using my year worth of government funding to get this mac... i figured i might aswell use my year of equipment funding as i am not spending it any ware else and i like my mac... they would not let me build a machine from scratch so i chose to go mac then pre-build windows...

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #3147 on: March 24, 2011, 09:14:25 PM »
Eh, what?

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3148 on: March 24, 2011, 09:27:33 PM »

Yes, I fucking mad.

your system is out of date and not cool enough, steve jobs demands you to upgrade your system to the most expensive mac around as punishment for slandering the cool kids with your windows-hackintosh you wont let us control you in a fixed food chain drivle... now give steve jobs the 32 grand before he sicks his tight ass pants on you... they have a mind of there own! XD

i agree with you windows is for the most part better, after my new mac i will probably just build a hackintosh machine because i am using my year worth of government funding to get this mac... i figured i might aswell use my year of equipment funding as i am not spending it any ware else and i like my mac... they would not let me build a machine from scratch so i chose to go mac then pre-build windows...

Wait, they won't let you order the parts and build it yourself?

Bastards!

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #3149 on: March 24, 2011, 09:33:29 PM »
Eh, what?

dont ask...

Yes, I fucking mad.

Wait, they won't let you order the parts and build it yourself?

Bastards!

i know... fucking government needs to "make sure it worked" i fixed computers as a job from the ages of 13 to 17... i would KNOW if it wasn't going to work!

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.