Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 158529 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #3060 on: March 11, 2011, 04:33:21 PM »

well the honest honest truth is i just wanted to 'fix' sumat!!  i  noticed other people do it, and i wanted to be cool too :emb:    squiddy fixed my post earlier in the photo thread and i just wanted to do it.  i was a 'fix it' virgin  but not now :thumbup:
If Squiddy had an Octopuses Garden In The Shade would you do that as Well?  :autism:

......erm....yes :zoinks:
blah blah blah

P7PSP

« Reply #3061 on: March 11, 2011, 04:39:16 PM »
Ocean water would be bad for your Hello Kitty Kalashnikov.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #3062 on: March 11, 2011, 04:40:39 PM »
Ocean water would be bad for your Hello Kitty Kalashnikov.

good point :thumbup:
blah blah blah

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #3063 on: March 11, 2011, 04:51:04 PM »
Congrats Deisel, the 50 AE is a pretty tough cartridge especially if you get the optional 10"barrel.  :thumbup:

Thanks, didn't get the 10' barrel.
I had a .44 mag desert eagle many moons ago...always missed it once it was gone.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3064 on: March 11, 2011, 05:23:49 PM »
A book on the Czech language.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #3065 on: March 11, 2011, 07:32:19 PM »
Penis extention?
Pistol?
Hand Gun?

Hand cannon?

Yes. That's it! A Penis extension.
Desert Eagle .50AE

Pick it up sometime next week

Got it right the first time.  :green:

Glad you have a nwe toy to play with!!! , but personaly I don't understand the use for such things. I shot a .454 Casull once and can't concieve of a need for a pistol more powerful than that.

I can always get a .416 Rigby barrel for my Encore and have you beat by a couple thousand foot pounds of muzzle energy, but I would never see the need for anything more powerful than the .454 in pistol configuration.

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #3066 on: March 11, 2011, 07:52:38 PM »
Penis extention?
Pistol?
Hand Gun?

Hand cannon?

Yes. That's it! A Penis extension.
Desert Eagle .50AE

Pick it up sometime next week

Got it right the first time.  :green:

Glad you have a nwe toy to play with!!! , but personaly I don't understand the use for such things. I shot a .454 Casull once and can't concieve of a need for a pistol more powerful than that.

I can always get a .416 Rigby barrel for my Encore and have you beat by a couple thousand foot pounds of muzzle energy, but I would never see the need for anything more powerful than the .454 in pistol configuration.

Yeah, It's huge, heavy and not practical at all for home defense and a box of 20 bullets is $35.

It is pretty much a toy/trophy gun,... but also it's a finicky, challenging gun to operate efficiently and I find trying to masters it's behaviors appealing.

.....and it kills zombies really really well.  :zombiefuck: :zombiefuck: :zombiefuck:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3067 on: March 11, 2011, 09:33:10 PM »
 :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3068 on: March 12, 2011, 03:58:26 AM »
:zoinks:

Thank you. I have been wondering about what to do.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3069 on: March 12, 2011, 07:22:44 AM »
A Primus CD from Fishpond.com. Mum wanted some corny romance novels so I had to get those as well :zombiefuck:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3070 on: March 12, 2011, 08:48:49 AM »
A new printer/fax/scanner/copier and an answering machine my old one was acting up for months and finally gave out
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3071 on: March 12, 2011, 01:26:52 PM »
"Sherlock" on DVD. Couldn't resist.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3072 on: March 12, 2011, 06:10:39 PM »
while waiting on my friend to pick me up.
:)

as well as about two thousand discs.
Will it be closed storage? This is asked strictly with the WAF in mind.

Tough question.

Easy answer:

I plan for three shallow, sliding drawers across the bottom, spanning the entire width, which will hold about one thousand discs, faced spine upward, then two wood shelves width-wise which will hold electronics, including silent fans,  then three tiers of open, smoked glass shelves to be used for new and "constant" disc storage, each glass shelf will be set with simple LED fixtures for visibility.  (above waist level, now) The sides will both be closed as well by more decorative doors. The next area will be more shallow, matching the led screen and the sides will be for more current, quick access or fading interest movies. The entire top row will be open, yet closed with a kind of "speaker grille cloth"  looking material on sliding doors and set to CD height, approximately nine feet wide, again, LED fixtures for either visibility or mood lighting. Expecting about four hundred discs to fit in the upper shelves, well above eye level.
Could be more CDs, but the center will also house my "center channel" speaker, directly above the screen.

The key is that it will be a permanent part of the entire north wall of our entertainment area, finished to be a part of the wall in the colors my wife has chosen for the wood parts of the house. It will tak me half of the summer to complete, properly.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 06:16:19 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3073 on: March 12, 2011, 06:42:10 PM »
while waiting on my friend to pick me up.
:)

as well as about two thousand discs.
Will it be closed storage? This is asked strictly with the WAF in mind.

Tough question.

Easy answer:

I plan for three shallow, sliding drawers across the bottom, spanning the entire width, which will hold about one thousand discs, faced spine upward, then two wood shelves width-wise which will hold electronics, including silent fans,  then three tiers of open, smoked glass shelves to be used for new and "constant" disc storage, each glass shelf will be set with simple LED fixtures for visibility.  (above waist level, now) The sides will both be closed as well by more decorative doors. The next area will be more shallow, matching the led screen and the sides will be for more current, quick access or fading interest movies. The entire top row will be open, yet closed with a kind of "speaker grille cloth"  looking material on sliding doors and set to CD height, approximately nine feet wide, again, LED fixtures for either visibility or mood lighting. Expecting about four hundred discs to fit in the upper shelves, well above eye level.
Could be more CDs, but the center will also house my "center channel" speaker, directly above the screen.

The key is that it will be a permanent part of the entire north wall of our entertainment area, finished to be a part of the wall in the colors my wife has chosen for the wood parts of the house. It will tak me half of the summer to complete, properly.

It sounds great and I would love to see pictures as you work on it.  I would like for my husband and me to make something similar for our family room so it would be nice to see yours for ideas.

Osensitive1

« Reply #3074 on: March 12, 2011, 06:52:51 PM »
Agreed.