Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 156899 times)

P7PSP

Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #3045 on: March 10, 2011, 09:49:30 AM »
Pics have to wait until after I get home Monday. I can't post them from my nook.
About 5" long, so yeah.  :lol:

Are you going to post a pic  of your letter opener?  :eyebrows:

DukeNukem

« Reply #3046 on: March 10, 2011, 09:06:19 PM »
Hot Wheels!
Matchbox always sucked!

Well, while I was grocery shopping, I bought some Hot Wheels toys, one typical Hot Wheels car for 98 cents and a Hot Wheels Custom Motors Deluxe Attack Pack set for 20 dollars (damn). I shall show pictures of of them...

All of the pieces that came with the Custom Motors set. 4 vehicles in one, as it said on the box. You snap these pieces together to form somewhat different vehicles. Kind of like a model car set, right?

Standard pick-up truck number 17. Nothing special.

"Combat Truck". Six wheels, armored, and packing heat! And a huge motor in the bed. Badass.

"Special Ops Chopper". Wind up rotor (it doesn't fly, but it spins for a little bit). Firing missles (press a button and the spring loaded mechanism launches these red missles).

"Attack Submarine". Has the firing missiles, but this is just a lame duck, compared to "The Judge" in front of it.

I was playing with these things while waiting on my friend to pick me up. People looked at me like I was retarded, but fuck them. I've been missing playing with Hot Wheels. :wanker:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3047 on: March 10, 2011, 09:14:04 PM »
Nine, seven-ply oak panels.

I have a new project in mind.

I usually build some kind of enclosure for speakers with my saw shit, but I am replacing my "entertainment center."  It is dated (probably bought it circa eighty nine or so) and I am upgrading my living room television and all related stuff.

The main reason I still have the old furniture is that it holds so many DVDs at ready. I plan to eliminate that as a benefit as a reason for keeping the old shite, by building a wall sized thing that will accomidate a sixty inch LED screen as well as about two thousand discs. It will be finished in Cherry, so it matches and the *WAF should be quite high.

*WAF = Wife Acceptance Factor. An unknown variable which could prove to be either positive or negative, summarily, but it can also turn exponentially divisive upon ones efforts. A "WAF = 1"  is considered an impossible dream by most experimental hobbyists, such as myself.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:16:24 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Osensitive1

« Reply #3048 on: March 10, 2011, 09:23:08 PM »
while waiting on my friend to pick me up.
:)

as well as about two thousand discs.
Will it be closed storage? This is asked strictly with the WAF in mind.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:25:53 PM by Jack »

Scrapheap

« Reply #3049 on: March 10, 2011, 09:45:48 PM »

I usually build some kind of enclosure for speakers with my saw shit, but I am replacing my "entertainment center."  It is dated (probably bought it circa eighty nine or so) and I am upgrading my living room television and all related stuff.

The main reason I still have the old furniture is that it holds so many DVDs at ready. I plan to eliminate that as a benefit as a reason for keeping the old shite, by building a wall sized thing that will accomidate a sixty inch LED screen as well as about two thousand discs. It will be finished in Cherry, so it matches and the *WAF should be quite high.

*WAF = Wife Acceptance Factor. An unknown variable which could prove to be either positive or negative, summarily, but it can also turn exponentially divisive upon ones efforts. A "WAF = 1"  is considered an impossible dream by most experimental hobbyists, such as myself.

Cherry looks awesome with a high gloss finish.  :thumbup:

I'm going to be building some bookshelves out of Poplar that's finished in Amber Shelac. It comes out looking pretty close to Mahogany. "Poor Mans Mahogany" is what I like to call it. I'm also going to put some lockable glass doors on the bookshelves. 8)

P7PSP

« Reply #3050 on: March 10, 2011, 09:50:28 PM »
You definitely need to post pics of this project.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3051 on: March 10, 2011, 11:30:19 PM »
Pent, I like the Special Ops heliopter the best.  Glad you found something to pique your interest.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #3052 on: March 11, 2011, 10:42:30 AM »
Penis extention?
Pistol?
Hand Gun?

Hand cannon?

Yes. That's it! A hand cannon.
Desert Eagle .50AE

Pick it up sometime next week

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #3053 on: March 11, 2011, 04:09:33 PM »
pirate costume :arrr: :pirate:
blah blah blah

P7PSP

« Reply #3054 on: March 11, 2011, 04:10:05 PM »
Congrats Deisel, the 50 AE is a pretty tough cartridge especially if you get the optional 10"barrel.  :thumbup:

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #3055 on: March 11, 2011, 04:12:43 PM »
Congrats Deisel, the 50 AE is a pretty tough cartridge especially if you get the optional 10"barrel.  but a purple glittery kalashnikov is much neater :thumbup:

fixed :zoinks:
blah blah blah

P7PSP

« Reply #3056 on: March 11, 2011, 04:17:15 PM »
Congrats Deisel, the 50 AE is a pretty tough cartridge especially if you get the optional 10"barrel.  but a purple glittery kalashnikov is much neater :thumbup:

If it's so cool why did you put it up Missy?  :hahaha:

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #3057 on: March 11, 2011, 04:21:23 PM »

If it's so cool why did you put it up Missy?  :hahaha:

well the honest honest truth is i just wanted to 'fix' sumat!!  i  noticed other people do it, and i wanted to be cool too :emb:    squiddy fixed my post earlier in the photo thread and i just wanted to do it.  i was a 'fix it' virgin  but not now :thumbup:
blah blah blah

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3058 on: March 11, 2011, 04:23:16 PM »
New rear rotors for the :icequeen:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #3059 on: March 11, 2011, 04:31:31 PM »

well the honest honest truth is i just wanted to 'fix' sumat!!  i  noticed other people do it, and i wanted to be cool too :emb:    squiddy fixed my post earlier in the photo thread and i just wanted to do it.  i was a 'fix it' virgin  but not now :thumbup:
If Squiddy had an Octopuses Garden In The Shade would you do that as Well?  :autism: