Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 156806 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #2805 on: January 20, 2011, 09:15:49 AM »

i was at the "home store"  at seven, when they opened.

i came home with buttloads of little shelf brackets, wall anchors, and accessories

i plan to sub-divide all my kitchen cabinets today by adding shelves to each cabinet
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2806 on: January 20, 2011, 09:34:39 AM »

I added the max memory (a total of sixteen GB) to my new computer.

Hell, I did not mention that I bought a new computer, did I?

I wish I could upgrade my brain.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2807 on: January 20, 2011, 10:44:24 AM »

I added the max memory (a total of sixteen GB) to my new computer.

Hell, I did not mention that I bought a new computer, did I?

I wish I could upgrade my brain.

.......       and mine as easily.

:headbang2:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2808 on: January 20, 2011, 10:45:16 AM »

Peter. indeed!

where have you been

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2809 on: January 20, 2011, 11:32:38 AM »

Peter. indeed!

where have you been

I've been around, but I haven't been very active online for a while.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2810 on: January 20, 2011, 12:09:14 PM »
Bought lunch.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2811 on: January 21, 2011, 06:25:28 AM »
Bought some black three quarter length pants today.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2812 on: January 21, 2011, 12:22:50 PM »
"Cosmos" on DVD.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2813 on: January 21, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »
Insulation for tomorrow
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2814 on: January 26, 2011, 08:36:52 PM »
"Cosmos" on DVD.

Is that the series with Carl Sagan doing the narrating?   IF so, I have it on VHS from the beginning of VHS, availability.

To my great surprise, after getting my new video receiver up and running, I have found that even playing an ancient video tape, the quality of the reproduction is vastly improved from anything I have ever seen. The receiver de-interlaces, upscales and de-snows the imagery and what is projected is well improved over what the original was capable of producing.

I would love to have it on a proper disc!!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2815 on: January 26, 2011, 08:45:32 PM »

I bought a Logitech Squeezebox, two small car audio dual twelve blank enclosures, a terabyte size HP external hard drive, a spare Nvidia GT 400 graphics card, an Antec gaming computer case, a BFG one thousand watt power supply and several cables off our clearance cart - all for less than three hundred bucks.

The only things I can use right away are one of the cables and the hard drive. The rest will just sit until I can buy more computer shit.  I can use the Squeezebox this summer as an outdoor source for music.

eris

« Reply #2816 on: January 26, 2011, 09:39:21 PM »
I just ordered a spider mouth gag. It was 30$ off. whoopee.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2817 on: January 27, 2011, 12:46:01 AM »
I bought some conditioner for my hair, some socks, some biscuits for tomorrow and some fancy salt and pepper shakers for my dad as a housewarming present.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2818 on: January 27, 2011, 05:37:25 AM »
"Cosmos" on DVD.

Is that the series with Carl Sagan doing the narrating?   IF so, I have it on VHS from the beginning of VHS, availability.

To my great surprise, after getting my new video receiver up and running, I have found that even playing an ancient video tape, the quality of the reproduction is vastly improved from anything I have ever seen. The receiver de-interlaces, upscales and de-snows the imagery and what is projected is well improved over what the original was capable of producing.

I would love to have it on a proper disc!!

That's the one. All 13 episodes on DVD, with reasonable quality and "science updates" by Sagan form some time before his death.

I love that series. Carl Sagan was instrumental in my decision to study astronomy.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2819 on: January 27, 2011, 06:29:44 AM »

I bought a Logitech Squeezebox, two small car audio dual twelve blank enclosures, a terabyte size HP external hard drive, a spare Nvidia GT 400 graphics card, an Antec gaming computer case, a BFG one thousand watt power supply and several cables off our clearance cart - all for less than three hundred bucks.

The only things I can use right away are one of the cables and the hard drive. The rest will just sit until I can buy more computer shit.  I can use the Squeezebox this summer as an outdoor source for music.

I'm jealous.  All I have at the moment is integrated graphics and a PSU that isn't compatible (in a non-warranty-voiding manner) with current high-end graphics cards.