Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 155947 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #2610 on: December 01, 2010, 03:05:20 PM »
Dogs are cool. I wish I could have one.

Are you allergic to dogs as well as cats?  ???

Yes. I seem to react badly to most furry things.

Edit: And I love dogs and usually dogs love me. I can get along with just about any dog, every time.

It seems a waste of a real gift that you can't have a dog, given your rapport with them.
Might it be worth it to go on daily prescription antihistamines?   ???

I've thought about that but it's not a very good solution. I'd want something a bit more permanent--who knows what antihistamines will do to you in the long run?

It's a shame. Maybe you could find a hypoallergenic breed of dog.   :chin:

There are a few breeds that are supposed to be better than others in that respect but a vet told me that there are no guarantees.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2611 on: December 01, 2010, 05:19:20 PM »

Edit: And I love dogs and usually dogs love me. I can get along with just about any dog, every time.

It seems a waste of a real gift that you can't have a dog, given your rapport with them.

I've thought about that but it's not a very good solution. I'd want something a bit more permanent--who knows what antihistamines will do to you in the long run?

There are a few breeds that are supposed to be better than others in that respect but a vet told me that there are no guarantees.

There are nude dogs too, just like those sphinx cats, but, living as northern as you do, that would be kind of hard for a dog in winter I guess.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2612 on: December 01, 2010, 05:23:17 PM »
Milk, lotto ticket, a coke and mentos
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

DukeNukem

« Reply #2613 on: December 01, 2010, 05:28:55 PM »
Some groceries, and a quartz heater. The heater cost 40 dollars and is supposedly for a large room. It better keep my fat ass warm tonight or I'm taking it back to Wal-Mart.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2614 on: December 01, 2010, 05:46:37 PM »

For the addiction of the girls and me.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2615 on: December 01, 2010, 06:40:49 PM »

For the addiction of the girls and me.

Ooh, that reminds me.  I have some citrus fruit I should eat.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2616 on: December 02, 2010, 12:14:24 AM »
I have done some Christmas shopping for my niece and nephew. And yesterday I bought myself some summer pyjama pants.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

eris

« Reply #2617 on: December 02, 2010, 12:22:37 AM »
this

Scrapheap

« Reply #2618 on: December 02, 2010, 12:31:20 AM »
this

Well, pack a bowl and pass it around!!!  :2thumbsup:

:stoned:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2619 on: December 02, 2010, 07:01:12 AM »
Some groceries, and a quartz heater. The heater cost 40 dollars and is supposedly for a large room. It better keep my fat ass warm tonight or I'm taking it back to Wal-Mart.

So how did it work? Are you keeping it?   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

DukeNukem

« Reply #2620 on: December 02, 2010, 08:27:52 AM »

So how did it work? Are you keeping it?   :orly:

Probably am going to keep it.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2621 on: December 02, 2010, 09:07:26 AM »

There are nude dogs too, just like those sphinx cats, but, living as northern as you do, that would be kind of hard for a dog in winter I guess.

Not to mention that those dogs aren't a whole lot of fun to begin with.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2622 on: December 02, 2010, 10:17:26 AM »
I wish you could have a puppy as cool as mine, Odeon!

Someone asked about why the better breeders stop breeding a Registered female bitch after having been inseminated by an off-breed male ...

I think someone even tried to tie this most ethical business practice to the insanity of superstition, (GAWD help you in your struggles!) relating it to something along the lines of slave trading practices in the ancient past.

You people must try to understand the nature of business before you can see why a compromised bitch must be put down after such a horrible breech of security over the registered gene pool has been identified. Breeders are in a business to make money and they have chosen the awesome responsibility to ensure that the breeds they sell are true to type.

Now, allow for the fact that a female who has had a sexual encounter with a male can support viable fertilised eggs in her body for quite a time (canine bitches are NOT women, remember) before her "hormones"
 are right for creating another litter. This is the reasoning behind euthanising a tainted bitch.  She can still bring fertilised eggs to bear in her next litter, some of which may be cross-breeds.

Whether or not you believe that some intent upon keeping slavery alive is involved or not, the fact is, a tainted bitch can produce off breed litters and if you are in business to avoid such as this, then YES, you must mourn the loss of a producing female, but in business, your reputation is far more important than a single asset. Some assets must be set loose when the possibility is identified that keeping that asset could bring down your profits. Realise also that as a certified breeder, you may NOT dispose of any off breed pups, without a full legal disclosure, as my new pup was disclosed, fully.

I bought this gorgeous pup with the full understanding that the bitchmom would never again be certified for breeding. I had no idea that she was to be euthanised, however, or I might have taken them both - but whatever.

Breeding dogs is a business and having a proper veterinary certification of a proper euthanising of the tainted bitch is the best way to go for a continuing business to succeed.

... again, I will repeat - had I known that the MOM bitch was about to be put down, I would have taken her or the both. All that is left to do now is to love the pup I have.

I will not justify any more of this to anyone else.

Do your own research, if you must.

... or better yet, go into business raising pure bred animals for a living.  Try chickens, if you think it is rough to be a certified dog breeder.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:29:47 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2623 on: December 02, 2010, 10:56:07 AM »
I did not know canines could carry fertilised eggs with them for a long time too. Knew some mammals could, but had never heard if of dogs.

So yes, I did take it as superstition, nothing more than that, and, the sadness of a healthy dog to be put down.

Thanks for the information. Had never heard of it, nor could I find it on the internet, but, if there is only the slightest risk, I can see that for a breeder the bitch has to go.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2624 on: December 02, 2010, 11:12:53 AM »
I did not know canines could carry fertilised eggs with them for a long time too. Knew some mammals could, but had never heard if of dogs.

So yes, I did take it as superstition, nothing more than that, and, the sadness of a healthy dog to be put down.

Thanks for the information. Had never heard of it, nor could I find it on the internet, but, if there is only the slightest risk, I can see that for a breeder the bitch has to go.

I also googled it and came up with about 9 days under optimal conditions in the bitch.  Since gestation is longer than that, I'm pretty sure it's an old husbands tale.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: