Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 157788 times)

Offline kaileen

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #2475 on: November 08, 2010, 10:01:15 AM »
black eyeliner :D
"Me divierto en arrancar del pecho mi mismo corazón...

un cadáver más qué importa al mundo?"

Binty

« Reply #2476 on: November 08, 2010, 10:24:11 AM »
A few DVDs: Gremlins 1 & 2, Airplane 1 & 2, The Children's Hour, Let The Right One In, The Wave and Black Cat, White Cat.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2477 on: November 08, 2010, 02:40:06 PM »
Ordered the Fry & Laurie box from Amazon.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

eris

« Reply #2478 on: November 08, 2010, 04:08:29 PM »
I hate stuff, I just hate it. Cant stand it, so i dont buy much. But I DID just pay 90$ to get my computer fixed. So I bought tech support :(  :violin:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2479 on: November 09, 2010, 06:39:20 AM »
Candy, candy, candy, candles, tea, tea, tea.

Lots of candy for StMartens day. Don't know how many kids will be at my doorstep. Could be six, could be over sixty. Differs every year.

I know some people get over a hundred kids, so I did probably buy too much, but, better safe than sorry. Was my favourite feast as a kid, want it to be nice for kids now too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

DukeNukem

« Reply #2480 on: November 09, 2010, 11:14:08 AM »
Race Pro for the Xbox 360 for 10 dollars. Very good bargain. :green:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #2481 on: November 09, 2010, 01:09:11 PM »
I hate stuff, I just hate it. Cant stand it, so i dont buy much. But I DID just pay 90$ to get my computer fixed. So I bought tech support :(  :violin:

Learn to do it yourself = free fixes!

DukeNukem

« Reply #2482 on: November 09, 2010, 01:43:25 PM »

Yeah. And it's very easy to do. You just got to follow a few simple tips from the experts and follow the instructions on the screen.

It amazes me how computers confuse the general population when they have never been simpler to work with!

eris

« Reply #2483 on: November 09, 2010, 04:56:22 PM »
Yeah I am pretty shit at computers . :thumbdn: im just not that interested. I cant fix shit.

problem was IE was corrupted and I couldnt view anything with a graphic program, includiing the anti-virus program. I didnt know that. I had just given up, and i wanted to check my email. I needed to check it to see what I was doing that night, so I just gave in and bought it.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2484 on: November 09, 2010, 05:09:30 PM »
I love stuff things are better than most people :2thumbsup: 

I bought two Cokes
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

DukeNukem

« Reply #2485 on: November 09, 2010, 08:09:34 PM »
If only women were objects under your will instead of people. :wanker:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2486 on: November 09, 2010, 08:36:46 PM »

Yeah. And it's very easy to do. You just got to follow a few simple tips from the experts and follow the instructions on the screen.

It amazes me how computers confuse the general population when they have never been simpler to work with!

that seems like an oxymoron to me.  If the computer isn't working how can you access the internet?  Please,don't bother explaining to me.  I know it can be done, I'm just not up to it yet.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2487 on: November 10, 2010, 04:11:14 PM »
Sixteen ten inch drivers from Parts Express. These are a type of design that works well in an open back style of baffle. 

... along with two hundred, two inch tweeters (I expect to find some that are not up to snuff ) that "electronically" should mate well with the tens. I plan to build an Open Back, Linear Array Speaker System for a friend (a kind of inverse Di'Apollito design that I have had success with, with the bass drivers singled in the center and the treble drivers doubled along the outside - eight, ten inch drivers is equal in linear measurement to forty, two inch drivers - forty on either side of the eighty inch line of bass drivers) who has never heard Open Back speaker systems, nor Linearly Arrayed speaker systems. I will create a Pole of Power, then show him what TWO TUBE WATTS can do across such an emense radiating area at realistic listening distances, such as his  basement party room.

The tens will face directly into the "sweetspot,"  with the two planes of tweets facing a negative nineteen degrees from the plane of the tens.  I have done something similar with fifteens several times, once with twelves, but not yet with tens.

Tens in open air generally prove to be highly dynamic and extremely responsive. It will be fun to use an array of them taller than I stand.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 04:16:19 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

DukeNukem

« Reply #2488 on: November 10, 2010, 06:49:03 PM »
I bought some groceries and a bathroom scale. I weigh around 275 lbs, I am only 6 feet 2... this cannot be good, I used to weigh around 225-230 lbs several months ago. :grrr:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2489 on: November 10, 2010, 08:20:46 PM »
I bought 3 hardcover books (75 cents each), 8 paperback books (38 cents each) and 6 DVDs ($1.88 each).  I love, love, love senior discount.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: