Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 158082 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #2310 on: September 26, 2010, 06:00:39 PM »
My tape recorder that I have recently bought has six 1/4" ports for headphones on the left side, which is far too big for most headphones and speakers to plug into, which have 1/8" jacks. So I have ordered an 1/4" to 1/8" male to female adapter, which was 99 cents on eBay. Strangely enough, the front microphone and aux in ports are 1/8". The tape recorder does have a good speaker built in, but I'd rather plug in my computer speakers which are 2.1 and has a 1/8" jack.

Here is a picture of my Eiki tape recorder, which was almost 40 dollars in total! Half of that was shipping! :zombiefuck:

What ever.

At this point, I pretty much think of you as a useless fake of a cunt, no matter what old shit you post about.

:thumbdn:

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

DukeNukem

« Reply #2311 on: September 26, 2010, 06:42:46 PM »
My tape recorder that I have recently bought has six 1/4" ports for headphones on the left side, which is far too big for most headphones and speakers to plug into, which have 1/8" jacks. So I have ordered an 1/4" to 1/8" male to female adapter, which was 99 cents on eBay. Strangely enough, the front microphone and aux in ports are 1/8". The tape recorder does have a good speaker built in, but I'd rather plug in my computer speakers which are 2.1 and has a 1/8" jack.

Here is a picture of my Eiki tape recorder, which was almost 40 dollars in total! Half of that was shipping! :zombiefuck:

What ever.

At this point, I pretty much think of you as a useless fake of a cunt, no matter what old shit you post about.

Is that all?

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #2312 on: September 26, 2010, 07:06:43 PM »
Why not use Ogg Vorbis instead of MP3?

Not all MP3 players will support Ogg Vorbis.

iRiver brand MP3 players do. But good point, because my SanDisk Sansa does not support OGG files as well. But I dislike the side effects of MP3 compression on sound, especially when it's 128 kbps or less. Sounds like a typical YouTube video.

Any format will sound bad at 128 or less.

Both of my iAudio (Cowon) players, as well as my phone, support Ogg, btw. I like the format but I prefer FLAC.

What about AAC at 128? I really need to learn more about AAC encoding (settings) because My DSiXL only plays AACs.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2313 on: September 26, 2010, 11:10:53 PM »
Diapers
Baby clothes
Halloween candy
Something for the PS3. I forget what it was. Some camera thing and a controller and a game.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2314 on: September 27, 2010, 08:43:39 AM »
Another Honda self-propelled mower for $30.

Same model as the one I have figured it would be good for parts, went to look at it and all it needed was 2 rear tires which I already have stashed in the basement. 

Looks like it wasn't used too much, hasn't even started to blow smoke on start up like most Honda's of that age.

The other one makes a wonderful mosquito fogger on those hot summer evenings.  :zoinks:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2315 on: September 27, 2010, 08:45:48 AM »

What ever.

Is that all?

Not quite. I agree with him.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

DukeNukem

« Reply #2316 on: September 27, 2010, 09:18:34 AM »

What ever.

Is that all?

I can post about whatever I see fit. If you don't like it, well too bad, so sad for YOU! :violin:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2317 on: September 27, 2010, 09:27:27 AM »

What ever.

Is that all?

I can post about whatever I see fit. If you don't like it, well too bad, so sad for YOU! :violin:

Don't be mad Judy. You buck-toothed inbred, redneck. Life is good and people care about you.

(Disclaimer not all I just wrote is completely factual)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

DukeNukem

« Reply #2318 on: September 27, 2010, 09:27:58 AM »
Oh, and another thing...

Offline stardustshine

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #2319 on: September 27, 2010, 12:43:06 PM »
peanuts, just now :D

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2320 on: September 27, 2010, 03:10:47 PM »

iRiver brand MP3 players do. But good point, because my SanDisk Sansa does not support OGG files as well. But I dislike the side effects of MP3 compression on sound, especially when it's 128 kbps or less. Sounds like a typical YouTube video.

Both of my iAudio (Cowon) players, as well as my phone, support Ogg, btw. I like the format but I prefer FLAC.

What about AAC at 128? I really need to learn more about AAC encoding (settings) because My DSiXL only plays AACs.

AAC is somewhat better but I don't have a player that supports it. And in the end it sucks too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

DukeNukem

« Reply #2321 on: September 27, 2010, 04:23:20 PM »

AAC is somewhat better but I don't have a player that supports it. And in the end it sucks too.

How does Windows Media Lossless and FLAC compare?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2322 on: September 27, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »
Had to have it.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2323 on: September 27, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »
Had to have it.

Is it a lamp? I love the sparkly blue side.  :green:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2324 on: September 27, 2010, 08:56:24 PM »
Glitter lamp, it didn't photograph real well though. The other side is silver.

My new favorite lamp next to this one.