Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 157431 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #2280 on: September 25, 2010, 12:02:52 AM »
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2281 on: September 25, 2010, 03:14:39 AM »
A second 54 litre glass aquarium, a germicidal fluorescent tube, air pump, clam shrimp, albino Triops cancriformis and gonochoric Triops longicaudatus.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

DukeNukem

« Reply #2282 on: September 25, 2010, 11:19:22 AM »
My tape recorder that I have recently bought has six 1/4" ports for headphones on the left side, which is far too big for most headphones and speakers to plug into, which have 1/8" jacks. So I have ordered an 1/4" to 1/8" male to female adapter, which was 99 cents on eBay. Strangely enough, the front microphone and aux in ports are 1/8". The tape recorder does have a good speaker built in, but I'd rather plug in my computer speakers which are 2.1 and has a 1/8" jack.

Here is a picture of my Eiki tape recorder, which was almost 40 dollars in total! Half of that was shipping! :zombiefuck:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2283 on: September 25, 2010, 12:36:39 PM »
You must understand that I do not compress my music into little - nine tenths of the music deleted forever - MP3 files.

I do understand. I use FLAC myself, when given the choice.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #2284 on: September 25, 2010, 01:27:31 PM »
I stick to MP3, but I usually compress at 192-320kps. I barely notice any difference at such high bitrates compared to WAV/FLAC etc.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2285 on: September 25, 2010, 04:49:07 PM »
FLAC sounds better on my iAudio, IMO. It's subjective, of course, but more importantly, the MP3 decoder I use is not as good as one would hope.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2286 on: September 25, 2010, 05:14:33 PM »
My tape recorder that I have recently bought has six 1/4" ports for headphones on the left side, which is far too big for most headphones and speakers to plug into, which have 1/8" jacks. So I have ordered an 1/4" to 1/8" male to female adapter, which was 99 cents on eBay. Strangely enough, the front microphone and aux in ports are 1/8". The tape recorder does have a good speaker built in, but I'd rather plug in my computer speakers which are 2.1 and has a 1/8" jack.

Here is a picture of my Eiki tape recorder, which was almost 40 dollars in total! Half of that was shipping! :zombiefuck:

This is going to sound weird to some here (and I wish you wouldn't make fun of this), but from what I can see you have lovely (great, attractive) hands.  I think a man's hands are what I'm attracted to first.  It all started in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest with the close-up of the Chief's hands when he tore whatever it was out of place.  Anyway, I guess this should have posted in the thread about personal useless trivia.   
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2287 on: September 25, 2010, 05:31:08 PM »
 :plus:

For appreciating good men's hands
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #2288 on: September 26, 2010, 03:23:36 AM »
I stick to MP3, but I usually compress at 192-320kps. I barely notice any difference at such high bitrates compared to WAV/FLAC etc.

Lame3.97.exe --preset fast standard

VBR MP3 FTW!

DukeNukem

« Reply #2289 on: September 26, 2010, 06:45:07 AM »
Why not use Ogg Vorbis instead of MP3?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2290 on: September 26, 2010, 08:50:33 AM »

Excellent! Looks like crap. Do you bite your fingernails?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2291 on: September 26, 2010, 09:19:23 AM »

Looks good.  I like old tech :thumbup:

I just spent almost $900 on tires :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #2292 on: September 26, 2010, 09:37:46 AM »
I am trying to locate a specific firing pin block spring and trigger return spring for my HK P2000SK to lighten the trigger pull from 8 pounds + down to 5.5 or so. No luck yet but I will find them.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #2293 on: September 26, 2010, 09:53:19 AM »
Why not use Ogg Vorbis instead of MP3?

Mainly that MP3 has wider compatibility.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2294 on: September 26, 2010, 11:34:30 AM »
I am trying to locate a specific firing pin block spring and trigger return spring for my HK P2000SK to lighten the trigger pull from 8 pounds + down to 5.5 or so. No luck yet but I will find them.

I am guessing that lighter trigger pull = easier  :litigious: !
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"