Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 157216 times)

P7PSP

Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #2250 on: September 21, 2010, 07:08:15 PM »
Dutch Iris bulbs

Perhaps Lady Hykeaswell could instruct you on planting them.

I could use some advice being I've never planted flower bulbs before....all I know at this point is that they are to be planted during the fall season.

Lady Hyke is a keen/proffesional gardener so shes definately a good person to ask  :indeed:
:agreed: And she has wooden shoes and pigtails.

DukeNukem

« Reply #2251 on: September 21, 2010, 07:21:02 PM »
Dutch Iris bulbs

I could use some advice being I've never planted flower bulbs before....all I know at this point is that they are to be planted during the fall season.

Lady Hyke is a keen/proffesional gardener so shes definately a good person to ask  :indeed:
:agreed: And she has wooden shoes and pigtails.

And I got BALLS OF STEEL(TM)!!! Hah hah! Couldn't resist! :evillaugh:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2252 on: September 21, 2010, 07:54:20 PM »
Dutch Iris bulbs

What color are theflowers going to be?  I'm familiar with tulips and their colors and different types of petals, but don't know about dutch iris.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #2253 on: September 21, 2010, 08:05:09 PM »
Dutch Iris bulbs

What color are theflowers going to be?  I'm familiar with tulips and their colors and different types of petals, but don't know about dutch iris.

Got 20 bulbs of 'Eye of the tiger'  http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=eye+of+the+tiger+iris&rlz=1B3DVFA_en___US361&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1550&bih=968

and 20 mixed (purple, yellow, white)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2254 on: September 21, 2010, 08:31:45 PM »
The cream and purple/brown or the blue and purple/brown?  Either way it's a stunning bloom.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2255 on: September 21, 2010, 08:46:56 PM »
Dutch Iris bulbs

Got 20 bulbs of 'Eye of the tiger'  http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=eye+of+the+tiger+iris&rlz=1B3DVFA_en___US361&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1550&bih=968

and 20 mixed (purple, yellow, white)

Nice.  8)

I have a few rust, alot of white & yellow, some purple & white varigated, and some deep purple (my favorite).

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2256 on: September 22, 2010, 01:00:16 AM »
Dutch Iris bulbs

Thumb rule, pointy tip up, and bulbs covered with a layer of soil at least as high as the bulb itself. What I read about the Iris Hollandica is that they like to be a little deeper than that. This link may help you a little further on Dutch bulbs.

I've never had Iris Hollandica, this lazy girl has two varieties of rhizome irises, but the thumb rule for bulbs does work mostly.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2257 on: September 22, 2010, 01:03:57 AM »
Dutch Iris bulbs

I'm a lazy gardener lately, and I do like a garden to do the most of the job. Just correct here and there, not much more.
Certainly no pro. But I do live in one of the bulb-growing areas of my country. So, it is bulbs all around, and you just can't miss seeing bulbs when you live here.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Diesel

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #2258 on: September 22, 2010, 04:37:50 AM »
The cream and purple/brown or the blue and purple/brown?  Either way it's a stunning bloom.

Blue & Purple/brown

Offline Diesel

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #2259 on: September 22, 2010, 04:39:34 AM »
Dutch Iris bulbs

Thumb rule, pointy tip up, and bulbs covered with a layer of soil at least as high as the bulb itself. What I read about the Iris Hollandica is that they like to be a little deeper than that. This link may help you a little further on Dutch bulbs.

I've never had Iris Hollandica, this lazy girl has two varieties of rhizome irises, but the thumb rule for bulbs does work mostly.

Thanks!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2260 on: September 22, 2010, 01:39:58 PM »
Finally got the tape deck and blank cassette tapes today. I recorded an album by connecting the microphone port on the tape deck to the headphone port on my computer by using a wire that came with a set of noise-cancelling headphones I had, when I play it back, it recorded just fine, but somehow, the recorder picked up some radio signals! I had nothing else going on while recording onto tape. Damn, there goes my dreams of analogue sound because of these worthless FM radio stations I live nearby! And 40-50 dollars of my money down the drain! :grrr:

EDIT: Now I am going to reattempt the recording by connecting my tape deck to my MP3 player. The recording is working for that as well, but we will see if some stupid FM interference sneaks into this one. So far, so good, but so what?

The mic port has the wrong impedance. You've created an antenna.

I see. Well, it was connected to the headphone port of my speakers which were connected to my computer. I was trying to record from my computer. Recording from my MP3 player's headphone port to the microphone port of the tape deck works just fine, though. The sound is clear and there's no radio interference.

With the same cable? And are you sure it's the mic port on the tape deck and not the line in?

OTOH, how you position the equipment plays a role too. Antennas are all about length, direction and impedance.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Diesel

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #2261 on: September 23, 2010, 04:59:55 PM »
Gas

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2262 on: September 23, 2010, 05:55:08 PM »
Ice cream for my scratchy throat.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2263 on: September 23, 2010, 06:26:47 PM »
More insulation
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2264 on: September 23, 2010, 06:35:38 PM »

I am disappointed, because my last 2T hard drive only shows as a 1T drive.  I only used it for back-ups, so I intend to take it right back and have it replaced.

My fear is that it is a dual 1T drive and that one of the drives has quit working.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.