Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 159087 times)

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #1980 on: August 12, 2010, 06:33:03 PM »
Got a Nissan Frontier Pro-4X six speed a month or so ago. ....(Nissan Navara for those of you outside of North America)

I've been holding out for years waiting for someone to offer a small or mid sized diesel truck, but no one wants to do it in the States. I officially gave up after all the delays with Mahindra bringing their diesel trucks here. It's a year late and then a few months ago I found they haven't even applied for CARB/EPA certification.....and then their distributor filed suite against them for the delays.  :wanker: :finger: :thumbdn:......not to mention they were only going to offer it with an automatic tranny, blah.  :thumbdn:

Couldn't wait any longer so I got this.
I like it. Capable, comfortable & a good value.....and I love sitting up off the road.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1981 on: August 12, 2010, 06:35:39 PM »
Have truck will travel.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1982 on: August 12, 2010, 07:14:05 PM »
A bolster pillow for my back while watching TV.  Since I'm not 5 feet tall, I either have my legs sticking straight off the sofa, or my back doesn't touch the sofa back.
Sounds convenient.  :thumbup:

Little people are so cute! I work with a lady who is 4'11" and she is always standing on a stool to reach things!  ;D
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

P7PSP

« Reply #1983 on: August 12, 2010, 08:05:55 PM »
Got a Nissan Frontier Pro-4X six speed a month or so ago. ....(Nissan Navara for those of you outside of North America)

I've been holding out for years waiting for someone to offer a small or mid sized diesel truck, but no one wants to do it in the States. I officially gave up after all the delays with Mahindra bringing their diesel trucks here. It's a year late and then a few months ago I found they haven't even applied for CARB/EPA certification.....and then their distributor filed suite against them for the delays.  :wanker: :finger: :thumbdn:......not to mention they were only going to offer it with an automatic tranny, blah.  :thumbdn:

Couldn't wait any longer so I got this.
I like it. Capable, comfortable & a good value.....and I love sitting up off the road.

Nice truck Diesel.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1984 on: August 12, 2010, 09:07:27 PM »

A new little network diddy to connect shit outdoors to my indoor network.

So, now my massive outdoor, deck mounted, PA system (a bit larger than most bands have as a club system, actually, when you consider that I am running about five thousand watts outside through eight - fifteen inch drivers, four - four inch horns, four one inch horns and four one inch bullet horns, alll quad-amped, EQ'ed, etc.) will be available to me at the touch of my mouse. NO more running in and out to make shit go to the player in a specific format. I just play shit on my player and there it goes!

I had a puny net system going that way, but it was a punk to deal with. This diddy will allow my outdoor system to recognise Winamp or any other player I choose to use in my main computer.

:woohoo:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline StupidOldMan

• Creepy Stalker Dude
  • Constant Poster
  • skyblue is a sad NT
« Reply #1985 on: August 14, 2010, 08:15:14 PM »
I bought a nice dress lately

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1986 on: August 14, 2010, 08:23:17 PM »

I'll bet it's two posts before one of the guys asks for a picture of you in the dress. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1987 on: August 14, 2010, 09:49:22 PM »
 :thumbup: on the awesome truck Diesel.

Stopped at a yard sale.  Bought the kiddo another bike since he's fairly proficent at riding now (he finally got the hang of balancing just late last year, mom had trouble with that one too  :P ).

Schwinn OCC Stingray chopper, for $40. Mom took the first turn at riding it.  :zoinks:

Not sure who loves riding it more, him, me, or the kid down the street.  :laugh:

P7PSP

« Reply #1988 on: August 14, 2010, 09:52:02 PM »
Pics or it didn't happen!

I'll bet it's two posts before one of the guys asks for a picture of you in the dress. 
Glad to oblige, I am a gentleman.  :zoinks:

P7PSP

« Reply #1989 on: August 14, 2010, 10:02:42 PM »
An HK USP 45 Compact. I will pick it up in 10 days after work. Here is a pic of my other USPs with the P7PSP. Top left USP 40 Compact, top right USP 9mm, lower left P7PSP, lower right USP 45. The USPc 45 is close to the same size as the USPc 40 on top left.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1990 on: August 15, 2010, 06:05:16 AM »
6kg of ground turmeric and 0.9kg of magnesium oxide.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1991 on: August 15, 2010, 07:35:46 AM »

What are those for?  :orly:

People forget.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1992 on: August 15, 2010, 09:24:50 AM »

They're for eating. 

I bought 1kg of turmeric about 6 months ago and finished it a few days ago, and since I can get turmeric for £4.05/kg but pay £7.99 delivery for anything from 2-19kg, I decided to get 6kg and store the excess in the freezer until I need it.  I buy all my herbs and spices in bulk, but I use more turmeric than anything else.

The magnesium oxide is a dietary supplement.  This particular package of magnesium oxide was marketed as a supplement for horses, but it's about a tenth the price of magnesium supplements that are marketed for humans and should be perfectly adequate.  For about £13, I get enough magnesium oxide to last me for a couple of years.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1993 on: August 15, 2010, 09:30:29 AM »

They're for eating. 

I bought 1kg of turmeric about 6 months ago and finished it a few days ago, and since I can get turmeric for £4.05/kg but pay £7.99 delivery for anything from 2-19kg, I decided to get 6kg and store the excess in the freezer until I need it.  I buy all my herbs and spices in bulk, but I use more turmeric than anything else.

The magnesium oxide is a dietary supplement.  This particular package of magnesium oxide was marketed as a supplement for horses, but it's about a tenth the price of magnesium supplements that are marketed for humans and should be perfectly adequate.  For about £13, I get enough magnesium oxide to last me for a couple of years.

Thanks, I thought they were to be used in making explosives! Duh... :duh: :duh: :duh:  :laugh:

I hope those magnesium oxide supplements will be safe, having been formulated for horses!  :nerd!:

People forget.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1994 on: August 15, 2010, 09:52:53 AM »

They're for eating. 

Thanks, I thought they were to be used in making explosives! Duh... :duh: :duh: :duh:  :laugh:

I hope those magnesium oxide supplements will be safe, having been formulated for horses!  :nerd!:

In theory, I could use the turmeric as a fuel in a fuel-air explosion, but I think eating it is a better option.

If the horses survive eating the magnesium oxide, it's probably free of dangerous contaminants.  It's just plain old magnesium oxide with nothing added to it, so there aren't any horse-specific-formulation issues, and it's the same stuff that's used in many magnesium supplements for humans.