Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 155825 times)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #1230 on: August 15, 2008, 08:38:51 AM »
Any good?

I've only played it for about 30mins so far, but it seems exactly the same as the last 2 but with updated GFX. Haven't played the other 2 for a long time seeing as my kids lost the GameCube disc for melee (grumble grumble), so should be something different.

Will play it some on the weekend and then there will be Wii night at my place this week (we have some gamer women come over for Wii and snacks). Basicly its my wifes friends and we all have a Wii now so it rotates weekly as to whos house its at.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1231 on: August 15, 2008, 12:40:05 PM »
New tyres for the car.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #1232 on: August 15, 2008, 01:13:11 PM »
:beer: and pear liqueur.  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1233 on: August 15, 2008, 02:02:00 PM »
New tyres for the car.

:yikes:

I have seven tires to buy before winter.

(My car has a new tire, because I broke one last winter, avoiding an accident, and had to replace it in the snow.)

Both cars need tires.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1234 on: August 15, 2008, 02:28:55 PM »
New tyres for the car.

:yikes:

I have seven tires to buy before winter.

(My car has a new tire, because I broke one last winter, avoiding an accident, and had to replace it in the snow.)

Both cars need tires.

Seven? Don't you need to buy them in pairs? I think there's a law or regulation of some description here that forces us to buy them in pairs.

Anyway, I have four more to buy before winter, if we keep this one. I'm hoping for a mild winter.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #1235 on: August 15, 2008, 02:31:47 PM »
No, we don't, though I'd bought eight, if I was going to buy seven anyway.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1236 on: August 15, 2008, 02:50:36 PM »
You sure? I was always under the impression that there was a regulation like that.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #1237 on: August 15, 2008, 03:14:10 PM »
There are regulations for when they're allowed and when they're compulsory, but I've never ever heard that you have to buy them in pairs. What would the pigs do? Force you to attest that you haven't bought them at different occasions?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1238 on: August 15, 2008, 03:29:39 PM »
You sure? I was always under the impression that there was a regulation like that.

We have no such regulation in this country. Periodic vehicle inspection makes this unnecessary. Most states require some kind of inspection in order to register your vehicles for road use, each year. Some states carry this too far and some are too lax. It balances out for the most part.

I "broke" a tire last winter, jumping a curb to avoid an accident. It was about six degrees Fahrenheit (overnight temperature, which is also negative fourteen Celsius, although it was a little warmer after sunrise.) and so it didn't just go flat, it fucking broke in half and I bought a new one. I have about seven hundred miles on it. That tire is essentially like-new, still.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 03:32:15 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #1239 on: August 15, 2008, 03:32:27 PM »

We have no such regulation in this country. Periodic vehicle inspection makes this unnecessary. Most states require some kind of inspection in order to register your vehicles for road use, each year. Some states carry this too far and some are too lax. It balances out for the most part.

I "broke" a tire last winter, jumping a curb to avoid an accident. It was about six degrees Fahrenheit (negative fourteen Celsius) and so it didn't just go flat, it fucking broke in half and I bought a new one. I have about seven hundred miles on it. That tire is essentially like-new, still.

We have yearly inspections for most cars here too.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1240 on: August 15, 2008, 03:34:17 PM »
There are regulations for when they're allowed and when they're compulsory, but I've never ever heard that you have to buy them in pairs. What would the pigs do? Force you to attest that you haven't bought them at different occasions?

And minimum tread depth.

But anyway, I just realised what I was thinking about re pairs: the tyres forming a pair would have be identical, as in having the same dimensions, obviously, but also tread patterns, that sort of thing. I was not talking about *buying* them in pairs but rather having the same type of tyres in each pair. And I don't know if there is actually a requirement to that effect, or if it is simply a good idea.

Funny how you'd use this discussion to refer to one authority or the other as "pigs". Shows your real priorities. Mine were about reasonably safe driving.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #1241 on: August 15, 2008, 03:41:25 PM »
Funny how you'd use this discussion to refer to one authority or the other as "pigs". Shows your real priorities. Mine were about reasonably safe driving.

Authorities are only there to oppress you, so of course I refer to them as "pigs". You should too, if you were a real liberal.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1242 on: August 15, 2008, 03:47:21 PM »

And minimum tread depth.

But anyway, I just realised what I was thinking about re pairs: the tyres forming a pair would have be identical, as in having the same dimensions, obviously, but also tread patterns, that sort of thing. I was not talking about *buying* them in pairs but rather having the same type of tyres in each pair. And I don't know if there is actually a requirement to that effect, or if it is simply a good idea.

I totally understand this and I bought ONE mid-grade Goodyear tire, which is still available. I will buy at least three more identical tires next month and put the newest ones on the front. I rarely drive the car, so by the time it becomes wise to rotate the tires, I doubt that there will be much difference in the wear patterns.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1243 on: August 15, 2008, 03:52:12 PM »

Authorities are only there to oppress you, so of course I refer to them as "pigs". You should too, if you were a real liberal.

::)

That's not what "liberal" means at all, not even by the fast-and-loose definition you and your mate Delusionist support. Look it up.

I have little doubt that they are oppressing *you*, however. In my ever-so-humble opinion, they should.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #1244 on: August 15, 2008, 03:56:27 PM »
I know a Social Democrat aspie guy (a Swede) who is more "liberal" than you seem to be.