Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 156178 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #795 on: May 10, 2008, 03:00:21 AM »
kitty litter
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #796 on: May 10, 2008, 03:52:41 AM »
Wireless headphones.  I didn't think they would work in my yard, because of all the EMI I have to deal with. They operate by FM, though.

I am pleasantly surprised!

:thumbup:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #797 on: May 10, 2008, 07:30:34 AM »
You should try living around me if you want to have EMI it's awful here

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #798 on: May 10, 2008, 01:47:03 PM »
went to morrison's, 15 mins before it closed, and got loads of bargains (just as well, cos i can't afford anything normal priced).

amazingly, they had a joint of roast pork for 25p, and a quarter of a roasted chicken for 19p.  i was really thinking about whether or not to get them, and start eating meat again, cos that's loads cheaper than my usual protein sources.  but then i think of all the hormones and shit in them - they weren't organic.

i walked round the park first, and i reckon this is going to be a new regimen - walk for a couple of miles (exercise), listening to my language mp3s (study), then buy all the cheap stuff just before the shop closes.  :thumbup:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #799 on: May 10, 2008, 01:49:50 PM »
come to think of it, i should have got the chicken, cos the lovely fox i see in my garden would appreciate it, i'm sure.  and yesterday morning, i disturbed two fox cubs, who shot off down the garden.

i'm so enthralled by the whole fox thing!  :pinkbeat:  :belly:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #800 on: May 10, 2008, 02:03:10 PM »
You should get live chicken for that fox. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #801 on: May 10, 2008, 02:21:04 PM »
i :heart: the fox cubs, though.  i was so excited i squealed!  :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #802 on: May 10, 2008, 02:25:23 PM »

My area is full of EMI, too. I am constanttly moving cables to compensate.

Don't start!..!

If I tell you about the emails I have exchanged with the engineeeers who maintain this area, you would not even enter this discussion with me. I have sent them dozens of o'scope captured graphs which cover week long periods at a time and reveal fluctuations in the millions of stray joules on multiple detectors.

Suffice it to say that only the strongest of FM broadcast stations can breach my sphere of horror and none of the AM can get in. We'll go from there if you know what that means.

I am somewhat impressed that these relatively affordable headphones can do what they do.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #803 on: May 10, 2008, 02:31:39 PM »
What make and model are they, Dawg?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #804 on: May 10, 2008, 04:13:16 PM »

Don't start!..!

If I tell you about the emails I have exchanged with the engineeeers who maintain this area, you would not even enter this discussion with me. I have sent them dozens of o'scope captured graphs which cover week long periods at a time and reveal fluctuations in the millions of stray joules on multiple detectors.

Suffice it to say that only the strongest of FM broadcast stations can breach my sphere of horror and none of the AM can get in. We'll go from there if you know what that means.

I am somewhat impressed that these relatively affordable headphones can do what they do.

They don't realy care in general as I have found out :-[  I have had them on the phone and the only time they come is when something breaks to the point of not working for them not me

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #805 on: May 10, 2008, 04:36:38 PM »

Don't start!..!

They don't realy care in general as I have found out :-[  I have had them on the phone and the only time they come is when something breaks to the point of not working for them not me

You got that right, but I have fought with them for several years. The electric company has actually put recording equipment on our main AC lines to confirm my complaints.

They said nothing was out of the ordinary, then replaced an enormous transformer about two weeks later. I could see the fucking thing glowing with plasma during the early hours of the day and it made something like Northern Lights above it on foggy mornings.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #806 on: May 10, 2008, 04:41:36 PM »

Don't start!..!

You got that right, but I have fought with them for several years. The electric company has actually put recording equipment on our main AC lines to confirm my complaints.

They said nothing was out of the ordinary, then replaced an enormous transformer about two weeks later. I could see the fucking thing glowing with plasma during the early hours of the day and it made something like Northern Lights above it on foggy mornings.

A person I know who works for the power company once told me to get a pellet gun and shoot the bottom of them till the leak

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #807 on: May 10, 2008, 04:59:15 PM »

Don't start!..!

A person I know who works for the power company once told me to get a pellet gun and shoot the bottom of them till the leak

No, this was one that was anchored to the ground by a few dozen,  inch thick bolts into a concrete slab. They moved it with an eight-axle crane, using outriggers to help the crane truck remain stable.

It was huge. The one that sits there now is even larger.

Our problems are more to do with the lines which criss-cross our neighborhood, though.

... sounds like a fun trick though. I would be afraid that I would be caught. No one but ME has a gun of any type around here, except for my cop neighbor two blocks away.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 05:05:44 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #808 on: May 10, 2008, 06:32:01 PM »
A new Rx of Xanax :thumbup:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline tiredofit

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #809 on: May 10, 2008, 07:13:22 PM »
Let's see - I've bought another damn dog  :laugh: and I've got to run and get some more cigs very soon