Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 158868 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #405 on: September 15, 2007, 01:21:52 PM »
Good idea you two.

duncvis

« Reply #406 on: September 15, 2007, 03:07:53 PM »
Bought pack of CD-Rs. Well, PI got them for me anyway. :P

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #407 on: September 15, 2007, 03:27:23 PM »
Bought pack of CD-Rs. Well, PI got them for me anyway. :P

I mis-read that as CCR, as Creedence Clearwater Revival. I thought of sending flowers.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #408 on: September 15, 2007, 03:28:41 PM »
Cd's from a couple of bands I saw.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #409 on: September 15, 2007, 07:27:08 PM »
Blue Dragon and Bioshock for Xbox360 today.   
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #410 on: September 15, 2007, 10:15:07 PM »
Jamaican beef patties YUM  ;D
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #411 on: September 15, 2007, 10:27:25 PM »
Jamaican beef patties YUM  ;D

OK, 2 wines and I'm gone.

I read that as - Jamaican beef panties, YUM.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #412 on: September 18, 2007, 11:32:16 AM »
$85.75 worth of gasoline :o

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #413 on: September 18, 2007, 01:11:17 PM »
Old popcorn chenille bedspread in mint condition $3, bag of assorted yarn $2, cake pan $1, some bionicle figures for my son 3 for $1, 1997 McDonalds Hercules collector plates set of 12 mint con .50 for the stack, old Franco flashlight .25, some random junk.

Love those rummage sales.  :green:

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #414 on: September 19, 2007, 10:22:15 AM »
Disturbia and Grandma's Boy.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #415 on: September 22, 2007, 08:18:33 AM »

I don't often think of how, seemiingly, insignificant things affect the happenings of my life, but there are times when I am so "grounded" that things get through even my thick skull.

I was sittting  on my deck just cooling down after a brisk walk, listening to my new configuration of deck sound (I have switched to an open back linear driver array, rather than the old horn-loaded system, but that's a diffferent story), enjoying a smoke and a cup of kaffa buni, just before sun-up as the sky lightened up, when a female hummingbird in the yard came up under the decking and got near me. She appproached within a foot of my face. I froze, of course, because I'm a tough old wolf and if she wanted to sample my nectar, she was welcome to some.

She just hovered there for over ten or twelve seconds, flitting back and forth, sizing me up, I guess, as I was perfectly stilll. I got an extraordinary look at her hottness, beauty and livelihood. I felt her wingwind on my face. She was a most lovely and healthy bird. She moved on.

I continue, after she left, even changed the music and re-filled my pipe and coffee mug. Time Comes to near eightish o'clock and I head out to the farmers market to bring back fresh vegetables that slept out last night, still alive if I'm lucky. I saw another bird, a dove, eating in the middle of the street and decided to just turn and take another route, to avoid disturbing him from his meal.

I came across a yardsale and impulse made me stop. I could not see any reason to stop from the street and my initial quick-search produced nothing of value to me. There were still some areas I could not see and ventured deeper into their property, when I saw a birdbath heater. I wasn't sure what it was at first, but it was electrical and I was drawn to it. After a little inspection I asked the old man if it was indeeed what I thought it was and he confirmed that it worked fine.

I tried for the second time, last winter to keep the birds in the yard, with fresh suet, warm water to drink and some cover left behind, instead of cut to the ground like I normally do. It was major pain in the ass to keep the water from freezing when the air temperatures are ten or so below zero. I failed on a number of of days to provide water for the ones tough enough to stick out the winter in Indiana.

I may now have conquered some of the human element. I bought the bird bath heater for a buck and it seems to work as claimed, but we will see if it can keep up with the weather in January. I can't hurt, that's for sure. I have convinced most of the other neighbors to switch from seeds to suet in November, but I am the only one who tries to keep water for them. This should help, tremendously!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #416 on: September 22, 2007, 09:10:40 AM »
Tag sales are great.  Got some old wood planes for a dollar,a watt /voltage meter for a couple dollars, and a Snap-on 3/8 ratchet for a dollar.
Hope your birds stay around :)

George Bernard Shaw

duncvis

« Reply #417 on: September 22, 2007, 03:28:58 PM »
I was sittting  on my deck just cooling down after a brisk walk, listening to my new configuration of deck sound (I have switched to an open back linear driver array, rather than the old horn-loaded system, but that's a diffferent story), enjoying a smoke and a cup of kaffa buni, just before sun-up as the sky lightened up, when a female hummingbird in the yard came up under the decking and got near me. She appproached within a foot of my face. I froze, of course, because I'm a tough old wolf and if she wanted to sample my nectar, she was welcome to some.

She just hovered there for over ten or twelve seconds, flitting back and forth, sizing me up, I guess, as I was perfectly stilll. I got an extraordinary look at her hottness, beauty and livelihood. I felt her wingwind on my face. She was a most lovely and healthy bird. She moved on.

Awesome.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #418 on: September 22, 2007, 06:11:34 PM »

Awesome.

Yes! You have no idea how it made my day. It is such a unlikely occurrence to even get a decent look at one around here. I feel like I was given a rare gift. They actually come into the yard often in the mornings, but never that close before.

Listen to me be all girlie.
 :laugh:

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #419 on: September 22, 2007, 06:17:14 PM »

Awesome.

Yes! You have no idea how it made my day. It is such a unlikely occurrence to even get a decent look at one around here. I feel like I was given a rare gift. They actually come into the yard often in the mornings, but never that close before.

Listen to me be all girlie.
 :laugh:

Maybe it's nature's way of thanking you for taking time out with your kids the other day to appreciate it :-*

So happy lots of nice things are happening for you at the moment DD.  It's great.