Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 158878 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #255 on: August 25, 2007, 02:40:34 PM »
New steelies.
Whats a steelie?

steelies = steel toed work boots.
Oh right, I never knew you worked in construction.

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #256 on: August 25, 2007, 02:42:37 PM »
I have steel toed work boots.

I don't work in construction but I like rugged footwear.  They are waterproof and insulated so they'll be good in the winter.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #257 on: August 25, 2007, 03:56:21 PM »

Optical (fancy-ish) 3D glasses, so my son can watch his 3D dinosaur docudramas without getting too much of a head ache, maybe. These things aren't bad at all - miles better than those little paper things that came with the disks.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #258 on: August 25, 2007, 04:11:32 PM »

I don't work in construction but I like rugged footwear.  They are waterproof and insulated so they'll be good in the winter.

Same here. Also I'm heavy set with wide feet, so anything other than work boots drops in bits.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2007, 04:14:17 PM »

Same here. Also I'm heavy set with wide feet, so anything other than work boots drops in bits.
Oh right, i didnt think you could walk around normally with steel toed boots, it seems a bit dangerous if everyone else doesnt wear them.

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #260 on: August 25, 2007, 04:14:50 PM »

Oh right, i didnt think you could walk around normally with steel toed boots, it seems a bit dangerous if everyone else doesnt wear them.
wuss
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #261 on: August 25, 2007, 04:23:38 PM »

WTF does this mean? I have several pairs. They are just shoes - heavy duty shoes.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #262 on: August 25, 2007, 04:38:47 PM »

WTF does this mean? I have several pairs. They are just shoes - heavy duty shoes.
Until you stamp on someone foot accidently, believe me I am clumsy enough to do that one on occasion.

The_P

« Reply #263 on: August 25, 2007, 05:19:14 PM »

Until you stamp on someone's foot accidentally. Believe me: I am clumsy enough to do that one on occasion.

No need to thank me.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #264 on: August 25, 2007, 05:20:21 PM »

Until you stamp on someone foot accidently, believe me I am clumsy enough to do that one on occasion.

They are really not much different from regular boot except they have a steel shell under the leather over your toes so you can't crush your toes so easy. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #265 on: August 25, 2007, 05:22:23 PM »

They are really not much different from regular boot except they have a steel shell under the leather over your toes so you can't crush your toes so easy. 
Doesnt that mean they make balencing difficult, with all the weight on the end of the foot.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #266 on: August 25, 2007, 05:35:19 PM »

Doesnt that mean they make balencing difficult, with all the weight on the end of the foot.

I suppose it's possible, if you have next to zero muscle tone in your thighs, calves, ankles, feet ...

They are really not much different from any other heavy puddle jumper/ hiker type shoes.

If I intended to enter a stomping contest, I would wear my cowboy boots with a riding heel.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #267 on: August 25, 2007, 05:36:06 PM »

Not really they are heavy all around the metal in the toe doesn't add much overall. Then again I have worn boots steel toed and not for over twenty years and also wear stilts at work so I am used to it
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #268 on: August 26, 2007, 12:00:37 AM »
A RCA to cable adaptor.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #269 on: August 26, 2007, 01:06:24 AM »
sigh...  loads more yarn in the sale.  very cheap, but not when you buy it by the truckload.  :(

still, i've got most of my xmas presents organised now.  ;D  everyone's getting jumpers (or a hat and scarf, for my brother-in-law).  so it's actually going to save me money, in the long run (spot the capricorn, lol).