Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 158511 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #9825 on: March 31, 2023, 02:50:12 PM »
At the flea market, another adze  a Collins axe  and a paperback copy of The Stand to replace the one I loaned out
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9826 on: March 31, 2023, 03:33:19 PM »
Books.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9827 on: March 31, 2023, 10:00:51 PM »
Contractor insurance. $1300. :(
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9828 on: April 01, 2023, 06:39:08 AM »

Oddly enough that is about what mine costs for the year also but mines due in July
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9829 on: April 01, 2023, 10:13:36 PM »
Oddly enough that is about what mine costs for the year also but mines due in July
Mine will be due March 31st every year.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9830 on: April 01, 2023, 11:27:47 PM »
I bought a new steel firepit to replace the homemade concrete brick one I built last year.

This one will be SO nice!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9831 on: April 04, 2023, 02:51:24 PM »
Books. :-[

Always a good buy!  There are far worse addictions......at least this one won't leave you physically ruined!

There's always one more book. They make me happy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9832 on: April 04, 2023, 02:51:58 PM »
I bought a new steel firepit to replace the homemade concrete brick one I built last year.

This one will be SO nice!

Pics?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #9833 on: April 04, 2023, 07:11:41 PM »
Some movies from the thrift shop, bottles of coke zero from the gas station, needing to get ready for the procedure tomorrow... should be fun ( I think? )

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9834 on: April 04, 2023, 07:58:45 PM »
Some movies from the thrift shop, bottles of coke zero from the gas station, needing to get ready for the procedure tomorrow... should be fun ( I think? )
Procedure? I hope you'll be ok. :hug:

Edit: I just read the other thread, hope they give you enough anaesthetic and it goes without a hitch.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 08:10:26 PM by renaeden »
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #9835 on: April 04, 2023, 09:54:42 PM »
Procedure? I hope you'll be ok. :hug:

Edit: I just read the other thread, hope they give you enough anaesthetic and it goes without a hitch.

I'm getting a root canal tomorrow :(

(that problem involving my tooth)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9836 on: April 05, 2023, 08:11:29 AM »
Groceries. Made my monthly Aldi run. A few months back I decided I'd rather drive the distance to try out shopping there than to potentially keep running into people I'd rather avoid around here at WalMart.

Really should have done this years ago. I'm totally hooked now. They have some great stuff.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9837 on: April 05, 2023, 02:52:15 PM »
I did a few groceries, too, but I stopped at Walmart. Mainly, I go there because their bakery is right up front and I love some freshly baked goods. I can pop in and pop right back out so fast! As long as that is all I want.

Today I decided to check fish prices. All they have is frozen, but living in Indiana, that's about all you can find anywhere, without going to a proper monger who flies things in from afar for four prices. Yes, I splurge sometimes on fresh seafood, but it is rare.
Today I just wanted to replenish my stores of salmon, cod, shrimp and haddock.

I was intrigued to see the whole damn store in a complete disarray, while they widen all the aisles.

Widening the aisles will be a huge positive, but I fear they will just junk them up with even more temporary skids of quick moving items, all set directly in the way of free moving traffic through the store.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #9838 on: April 06, 2023, 01:32:38 AM »
Groceries. Made my monthly Aldi run. A few months back I decided I'd rather drive the distance to try out shopping there than to potentially keep running into people I'd rather avoid around here at WalMart.

Really should have done this years ago. I'm totally hooked now. They have some great stuff.

I had a similar experience a couple years ago shopping for clothes at Ross. I never knew they were a closeout store and always assumed stuff there was expensive. I have no fashion sense, plus I'm cheap and I also don't like much of anything, so I'm amazed every time I go there by all the nice things I find at such great prices. I've always struggled with buying clothing, and wish I had found them years ago. I also love Aldi. I probably buy 90% of our food there and would recommend them to anyone.  :thumbup:
:gopher:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9839 on: April 06, 2023, 09:10:43 PM »

I had a similar experience a couple years ago shopping for clothes at Ross. I never knew they were a closeout store and always assumed stuff there was expensive. I have no fashion sense, plus I'm cheap and I also don't like much of anything, so I'm amazed every time I go there by all the nice things I find at such great prices. I've always struggled with buying clothing, and wish I had found them years ago. I also love Aldi. I probably buy 90% of our food there and would recommend them to anyone.  :thumbup:

Sounds like me.  :laugh: I really struggle when it comes to clothes...hate it all unless it's black or looks like it fell out of some hippie van from the 70's (I have a horrible weakness for all things tie dyed).  :autism: