Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 156543 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #9765 on: January 08, 2023, 10:44:20 PM »
I'm definitely a fan of the old hippy look.  8)
When I don't pull mine back into a "Thomas Jefferson" that old hippy is the effect of hair below my shoulders and a massive beard.
 :hyke:

A few years back, I think I was sixty, one of my co-workers, loving lady, pulled me to the side and complimented me on how well I have done keeping my hair looking so natural, But she wanted to inform me of new special products are available that can color the gray out of beards as well.
My hair has never gone gray, other than a few strands, but my beard has been full gray for many years, except for a Fu Manchu streak of deep red (original color) down each side of my mouth.

She was trying to "help me out" but little did she know, I have never colored my hair or my beard. It is natural that my hair is still light brown and my beard has been very gray since my forties.

:lol1:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 10:56:51 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9766 on: January 12, 2023, 07:11:35 PM »
Two bags of R15 fiberglass insulation
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Online Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #9767 on: January 13, 2023, 01:03:46 PM »
I bought some more peanuts since they seem to be working out. Sugarbutt fills the bird feeders so I told him to hide them from me or I'll eat them. He has memory problems so hopefully he remembers where he hid the peanuts.  :lol1:
:gopher:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9768 on: January 14, 2023, 08:58:55 PM »
Lunch

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9769 on: January 22, 2023, 04:58:50 PM »
When I don't pull mine back into a "Thomas Jefferson" that old hippy is the effect of hair below my shoulders and a massive beard.

A few years back, I think I was sixty, one of my co-workers, loving lady, pulled me to the side and complimented me on how well I have done keeping my hair looking so natural, But she wanted to inform me of new special products are available that can color the gray out of beards as well.
My hair has never gone gray, other than a few strands, but my beard has been full gray for many years, except for a Fu Manchu streak of deep red (original color) down each side of my mouth.

She was trying to "help me out" but little did she know, I have never colored my hair or my beard. It is natural that my hair is still light brown and my beard has been very gray since my forties.

My beard, such as it is, is mostly white, and my hair is grey. I'm not bothered. My daughter sometimes is, or at least she keeps mentioning it.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9770 on: January 22, 2023, 04:59:26 PM »
Bought a Kindle to replace my 12-yo one.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9771 on: January 23, 2023, 07:45:44 AM »

My beard, such as it is, is mostly white, and my hair is grey. I'm not bothered. My daughter sometimes is, or at least she keeps mentioning it.

I'm not bothered either. It just shows who, where, how and when I am, now.

But, I thought that lady was kind of cute trying to help me out in her meddling way.
 :LOL:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Online Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #9772 on: January 24, 2023, 05:40:59 PM »
I finally spent my Christmas money and ordered a new laptop. :woohoo:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9773 on: January 24, 2023, 07:06:47 PM »
A Ti-55 Scientific Calculator for $2 

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9774 on: January 24, 2023, 07:46:38 PM »

Wow, that's nice. :woohoo:

I've been saving for a new desktop. I'm about half way where I want to be.
I want to keep my son involved so we could do a project together and build our new computers together.
He's got the money, but I want him to invest more than $$ and have Dad do everything for him. I want HIM to make some choices.
He could learn a lot!
He does about a week of good research and then gets distracted with nonsense.

We'll get there some day.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9775 on: January 24, 2023, 08:19:21 PM »
The Oryx and Crake trilogy by Margaret Atwood on Amazon.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Online Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #9776 on: January 25, 2023, 01:45:12 AM »

I want to keep my son involved so we could do a project together and build our new computers together.
He's got the money, but I want him to invest more than $$ and have Dad do everything for him. I want HIM to make some choices.
He could learn a lot!

I just picked a lower end model from a reputable brand. I don't do much online so I don't need anything powerful or fancy. The one I have has gotten slow and its no longer supported, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.  :lol1:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 01:47:25 AM by Gopher Gary »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9777 on: January 25, 2023, 10:19:03 PM »

He could learn a lot!

I just picked a lower end model from a reputable brand. I don't do much online so I don't need anything powerful or fancy. The one I have has gotten slow and its no longer supported, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.  :lol1:

Last time I bought a laptop I went for "future proof" and bought a top grade HP. Which basically means that I bought the least obsolete product still available on the market. As we all know, by the time the top shit hits the consumer market, it is already obsolete. So true, but I wanted a hot processor set up for doing my fractal work. I know, this is laughable, btu I do what I do.

A new software program I have been using for fractal imagery the past two years has some rather lofty requirements and I wanted to keep up.
I use my Desktop unit mostly and for all rendering because the depth of these images takes days sometimes to complete the math.

I generally keep my laptop with me, so I need something highly portable as well.
I got over the sticker shock and buyer's remorse after a few days of using it.
 :viking:

I have a number of outdated desktops I still use. One sits in the garage to play Tidal, Spotify or Qello. Another is set up to run XP (obviously it has everything except sound and music decoding turned off and has never seen the internet) that I use  as a music server to play from about fourteen discs of music hooked up to it.

I hope your new one does everything you want it to do and "minds you" well so you don't have to slap it so much.

I have been thinking of picking up a mid grade Chromebook for gaming and such. I play "Empires and Puzzles" every few days.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 11:16:36 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9778 on: January 25, 2023, 10:40:42 PM »
There is a multi farm auction this week end a short drive away.

I plan to go check it out, knowing full well that most items are very high priced utility equipment that I have no need for. I just miss the markets this time of year.
Who knows, I might find another sledge hammer I like and make Jack's day.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 07:41:42 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9779 on: January 28, 2023, 03:52:20 AM »
I bought a new fan for my bedroom. The old one finally carked it. Kayleigh bought some isopropyl alcohol to try and get a scratch off the tv but it didn't work. She cleaned the whole thing anyway.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae