Educational

Author Topic: What have you bought lately?  (Read 156073 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you bought lately?
« Reply #9750 on: January 01, 2023, 10:56:17 PM »
I bought some towels specifically for drying hair after a shower. They are twisted into a knot on top of the head. There's a loop kind of thing that keeps it secure.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #9751 on: January 02, 2023, 08:55:39 AM »
I bought some towels specifically for drying hair after a shower. They are twisted into a knot on top of the head. There's a loop kind of thing that keeps it secure.

Those are really handy, they’re secure and don’t fall off.
:dog:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9752 on: January 03, 2023, 02:48:28 AM »
Yeah, I ordered them online so I'll have a bit of a wait. I wanted what my hairdressers use. My hair is getting pretty long and it takes ages to dry. Using a regular towel is a pain.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #9753 on: January 06, 2023, 12:44:58 AM »
necessity shopping for certain things that were needed...

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9754 on: January 06, 2023, 02:48:40 PM »
Kind of the same here.

I did buy a large stainless steel pot to use for simmering water on the stove for humidity during the winter months.
Bought it from Goodwill, so very cheap.
The beauty is that once the need is over I can either throw it away or drop a little vinegar in it for a bit and it will be ready to go again next year.
Lime in our tap water is a large problem in the Ohio Valley watershed.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9755 on: January 06, 2023, 09:44:44 PM »
Yeah, I ordered them online so I'll have a bit of a wait. I wanted what my hairdressers use. My hair is getting pretty long and it takes ages to dry. Using a regular towel is a pain.

I need to get those. Sometimes I use an old t-shirt, but it gets soaked to fast no matter how much water I try to squeeze out of the curls first.  :P

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9756 on: January 06, 2023, 09:53:48 PM »
I need to get those. Sometimes I use an old t-shirt, but it gets soaked to fast no matter how much water I try to squeeze out of the curls first.  :P
I've haven't thought of using a t-shirt. I remember what your hair looks like so I'm not surprised that it soaks a shirt, heh. I found the hair towels through an ad on Facebook.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9757 on: January 06, 2023, 10:01:34 PM »

It's not as long as it used to be, a little below my shoulders probably now...it's just still thick as hell, which I guess is a good thing. Takes super long to dry though.
I've haven't thought of using a t-shirt. I remember what your hair looks like so I'm not surprised that it soaks a shirt, heh. I found the hair towels through an ad on Facebook.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9758 on: January 07, 2023, 12:15:19 AM »
Did you cut your own hair? I used to, but I no longer trust myself. I remember your hair being curly and honey-coloured. My hair used to be red but it's darkened to a reddish brown now.

I've bought a back scrubbing/washing thing for the shower. My shoulders aren't as flexible as they used to be so I need something like this.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9759 on: January 07, 2023, 06:02:04 PM »
I cut my own hair for about thirty years.
I was tired of hair below my shoulders and just buzzed it into military style one day and kept it that way. Super cropped close to the skin. Wore it that way for ages, most of my adult life.
Now I have not cut my hair for over seven years.

I am losing most of my hair, being sixty seven and all, but my "Thomas Jefferson" lose kept pony tail reaches below my shoulder blades down back.

My beard is below my collar bones (I have said so for a while, but now my beard is about four inches below my collar bones), but I still trim it often to maintain an oval shape and I keep my pie hole well clear.

Normal never really happened for me.
 :lol1:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 08:45:29 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9760 on: January 07, 2023, 11:23:21 PM »
^I think your hair is longer than mine. Is yours wavy or straight? Mine is mostly wavy but my left side hair will sometimes curl into ringlets.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9761 on: January 07, 2023, 11:37:14 PM »
Did you cut your own hair? I used to, but I no longer trust myself. I remember your hair being curly and honey-coloured. My hair used to be red but it's darkened to a reddish brown now.

I've bought a back scrubbing/washing thing for the shower. My shoulders aren't as flexible as they used to be so I need something like this.

I let the color grow out, it's sort of a dark brown, reddish at the ends. Chopped the f*ck out of it one night after about 2+ glasses of wine and 3 weeks of dealing with personal hell, but it didn't turn out bad and honestly kind of how I wanted it. Actually did it similar to Brad's "butterfly cut"...before he came out with the video on how to do that the "proper way".

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9762 on: January 08, 2023, 08:28:34 AM »
^I think your hair is longer than mine. Is yours wavy or straight? Mine is mostly wavy but my left side hair will sometimes curl into ringlets.

Very wavy, but you can't tell at first glance.
The way I keep it, I pull it all back into a tight pony tail while it is still wet after washing. Then after drying, I pull to loosen the binding allowing it to be more comfortable.
Out back, below the binding, lots of waves and even some spiral curly cues before I brush it out again.

I'm getting tired of it again, though. I am pretty close to buzzing it off skin tight again. But I like my awesome beard and I wonder how odd the bald head and massive beard will appear together. 
Not really going for old hippy look, but I don't really want to look like Motorhead or Lapland metal head banger band guy either.
 :dunno:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 08:34:34 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9763 on: January 08, 2023, 10:18:15 AM »
I'm definitely a fan of the old hippy look.  8)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #9764 on: January 08, 2023, 10:51:01 AM »
My hair is long, I like that look.
:dog: